Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Grammys Jay Z mess

NintendoMONSTER

Featured Posts

brit4ever
18 minutes ago, igetfilthy said:

Get your facts right delusional Liddo. It's the BB200 and on its second week it stayed at #1. Stay pressed at Dead Aunt tanking!

Joanne charted for 1+ year, while Jay-Z's album is almost out of the chart 3-4 months in. Stay pressed that the only thing Jay-Z is good in is buying awards and certificatons.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taylorrgh
3 minutes ago, brit4ever said:

Joanne charted for 1+ year,

well if you want to be technical and go by weeks, Joanne has not charted for a year and it did fall of the chart a few times during the 2016-17 years

4 hours ago, KingRedd said:

So charts equal grammy success to this site now? Noted.. People used to preach against that.

Also, Adele has a signature sound and yes I've heard both of her albums. She is known for her ballads and her albums reflect that. I like Adele, however I'm showing the bias that this site seems to have and not know it. Adele can sweep and its fine. Sam smith swept and it was fine (before the oscar mess), but Bey sweeps and she's undeserving and must have payed for it. Jay sweeps and he must have paid for it. I just find it interesting to point out. I also don't think albums have to be #1 to be considered grammy worthy. 

If Grammys were about real musical quality, the roster would be completely different, and you would never see Bey, Adele, Swift, Bieber, Jay Z, or even Gaga.

The Grammys ride on success, charts, sales and popularity, to gather the most viewers possible for the main night, if they cared about musical quality, noone would watch it.

OliverViennese
6 hours ago, JustYouandI said:

Why can't you separate one from the other? Just because they are married doesn't mean they are one musical entity. No one is saying anything bad about Beyonce. And we are talking about Jay Z as an artist not as her husband. 

Huh.... No one did?

Let's go back to the posts before I said anything...

7 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

This happened last year with Beyonce...

KaleidoscopicGoodnaturedGharial-max-1mb.

7 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

I wish I could say what I think about the carter family, but unfortunately too many warning points already.

7 hours ago, brit4ever said:

Prepare yoursleve for the WPs, some Beyonce stans don't let anyone spread the truth that she and Jay-Z buy awards for their muisc(which music is mediocre at best). :lolly: 

7 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

Given how much the Knowles and Knowles-Carter family complained last year for losing Grammys they believed were rightfully theirs, can we really be surprised? It clearly had an impact. 

7 hours ago, brit4ever said:

For real, though, I can't with how overrated and self-centered they are. :gaycat: 

First page.

I REST MY BRIEFCASE :cryga:

Spoiler

And for the record - I would LOVE to seperate them in this debate - THANK YOU!

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

8 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

This happened last year with Beyonce...

KaleidoscopicGoodnaturedGharial-max-1mb.

Okay but Lemonade was actually popular af. 4:44 is not compared to Lemonade :selena: 

StrawberryBlond

It really is shady. He must have contributed payola to this. This album was forgotten about in like, a month. There's no way it went platinum in one week. It only went top 10 in 5 countries and epically flopped everywhere else. Yeah, it got good reviews but had no impact. The Story of OJ should have been strictly off the nominees list after he said anti-semetic stuff on it too (surely this is proof that Jews don't own all of the property in America, right, Jay? Or else they wouldn't have nominated the song where you bash them?) Beyonce's Lemonade barely got any nominations and that album had a lot more sales, impact and praise, yet her husband's non-event of an album gets 8? What.the.actual...?

8 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

Given how much the Knowles and Knowles-Carter family complained last year for losing Grammys they believed were rightfully theirs, can we really be surprised? It clearly had an impact.

What? What did they say? I didn't hear anything about this. I thought they kept quiet on all that stuff to protect their image.

6 hours ago, KingRedd said:

Where was all this outrage when Adele sweeps and gets nominated for every award each time she releases her usual ballad album? She “deserves” it right??? Hmmm I wonder why.... :reductive:

Me, for one. I've always thought Adele was overrated. I actually thought Lemonade was the best album, although I gave them the same score, so it was a toss-up for me. I definitely don't think Adele's music is the best and no, she doesn't deserve endless awards. But that doesn't mean that I think Beyonce should get them instead. I believe in nominating based on quality, not race. Not every white person who don't vouch for a black person is racist, you know.

KingRedd
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

It really is shady. He must have contributed payola to this. This album was forgotten about in like, a month. There's no way it went platinum in one week. It only went top 10 in 5 countries and epically flopped everywhere else. Yeah, it got good reviews but had no impact. The Story of OJ should have been strictly off the nominees list after he said anti-semetic stuff on it too (surely this is proof that Jews don't own all of the property in America, right, Jay? Or else they wouldn't have nominated the song where you bash them?) Beyonce's Lemonade barely got any nominations and that album had a lot more sales, impact and praise, yet her husband's non-event of an album gets 8? What.the.actual...?

What? What did they say? I didn't hear anything about this. I thought they kept quiet on all that stuff to protect their image.

Me, for one. I've always thought Adele was overrated. I actually thought Lemonade was the best album, although I gave them the same score, so it was a toss-up for me. I definitely don't think Adele's music is the best and no, she doesn't deserve endless awards. But that doesn't mean that I think Beyonce should get them instead. I believe in nominating based on quality, not race. Not every white person who don't vouch for a black person is racist, you know.

Where did you get race from my post?? lol My "i wonder why" was to those who hate beyonce because she's beyonce. 

May I Read You? 😎

StrawberryBlond
Just now, KingRedd said:

Where did you get race from my post?? lol My "i wonder why" was to those who hate beyonce because she's beyonce. 

Because you've gone on about race many times before. But yes, I knew that you were just defending Beyonce from her haters. But there is an underlying message of race regardless.

sipthistea
2 hours ago, igetfilthy said:

Get your facts right delusional Liddo. It's the BB200 and on its second week it stayed at #1. Stay pressed at Dead Aunt tanking!

Imagine creating an account on GagaDaily just to defend Jay Z and his tactics :sharon:

This must be a pressed Beyoncé fan

KingRedd
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

Because you've gone on about race many times before. But yes, I knew that you were just defending Beyonce from her haters. But there is an underlying message of race regardless.

Ive brought up race defending beyonce? Lmao I personally don't recall. Its ok to be a human and say, "oh my bad" or "I'm sorry i thought you meant something" rather than whatever it is you just did. But I'm eating so its all good lol :lolly:

May I Read You? 😎

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

Ive brought up race defending beyonce? Lmao I personally don't recall. Its ok to be a human and say, "oh my bad" or "I'm sorry i thought you meant something" rather than whatever it is you just did. But I'm eating so its all good lol :lolly:

Well, fair enough then, my bad. Perhaps I've got you confused in all the other people thought racist accusations at any white person who doesn't mindlessly worship a black artist right now. I've never been Beyonce's biggest fan but when I think she makes something good, I think she deserves an award.

Hoeanne

Jay Z is a respected industry veteran who released a well make, socially conscious, very personal album. In addition he is one of the most prominent and consistently successful figures in Hip-Hop, which, aside from being the genre that dominated the year commercially, the Grammy committee were clearly looking to show more respect to this year after being criticized for yeas for not doing so. There is no conspiracy, he bought nothing.

JustYouandI
1 hour ago, OliverViennese said:

Huh.... No one did?

Let's go back to the posts before I said anything...

First page.

I REST MY BRIEFCASE :cryga:

Reveal hidden contents

And for the record - I would LOVE to seperate them in this debate - THANK YOU!

Okay, a few people went out of topic, but that is not what this thread was about, sooooo

raginchristians
2 hours ago, igetfilthy said:

Someone got lost on their way to Jay Z Daily :awkney:

he/they

NIghtmareElm

Doesn't matter.  Kendrick is gonna win best rap album.  Kendrick or Lorde will win best album of the year.  

Archived