💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Grammys Jay Z mess

NintendoMONSTER

Featured Posts

KingRedd
1 minute ago, Whispering said:

The albums dominated...like no other albums have done in the last decade. The singles off of 21 and the lead single off of 25 were huge. They dominated on multiple formats for well over a year. The albums were full of quality songs that spread to all demo groups. 

No, she is known for a combination of ballads and uptempo songs. The "she just sings ballads" line is lazy and uninformed. 

And yes, people on this site often repeat the "Beyoncé paid for it" line. It's as lazy as the "album full of ballads" line. Beyoncé's sweep was expected last year. Jay's is a surprise. No one predicted that sweep...not any of the experts or the music publications that make predictions. 

Oh dear here we go...

Must I point out that I clearly stated that she is KNOWN for her ballads. When and where did I state that she just or is only a ballad singer? Adele is clearly know most for her power ballads and thats a fact that is not "lazy and uninformed." When one is asked about Adele, they would most likely bring up her power ballads. Adele's albums and singles consist mostly of ballads or slow tempo songs that show off her vocal style and ability. If you believe she is know for uptempo songs you are clearly uninformed. 

I agree Jay was unpredicted. That isn't my argument. My argument, still, is the fact that Jay or Bey sweeping is looked at as unfair or bought, yet when any other artist does it its seen as deserved or some other random excuse as to why it was deserving. Sort of like your first paragraph. No one actually explains why Bey or Jay can't be deserving of an award. They say Jay, "came out of nowhere" or "wasn't popular at all" and by doing they they basically are saying chart success equals Grammy nods. Its very confusing and hypercritical because they cry about certain artists who recieved very little success but "deserving" albums not being nominated... Idk its just a interesting thought. 

May I Read You? 😎

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sirius094

His album is bad, he clearly bought those nominations, there isn't another explanation. :shrug:

Pem Pem Perempem Pem Pem Pem

Sirius094
1 hour ago, KingRedd said:

Where was all this outrage when Adele sweeps and gets nominated for every award each time she releases her usual ballad album? She “deserves” it right??? Hmmm I wonder why.... :reductive:

Nope, adele is overrated too and she didn't deserve all those grammy 

Pem Pem Perempem Pem Pem Pem

666 others
1 hour ago, KingRedd said:

Where was all this outrage when Adele sweeps and gets nominated for every award each time she releases her usual ballad album? She “deserves” it right??? Hmmm I wonder why.... :reductive:

She doesn't either. Hello and 25 were massively overrated. In my opinion at least. :madge:

:holyshit:

brit4ever

With the risk of recieving WPs, I'd say that he bought those nominations and bought at least 3-4 wins, just as he bought 1 Million coppies of his album to make it Platinum in one week. It's pathetic and way too obvious at this point, isn't it? :gaycat: 

5 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

I wish I could say what I think about the carter family, but unfortunately too many warning points already.

Speak trough me :)

Thomas P
5 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

This happened last year with Beyonce...

KaleidoscopicGoodnaturedGharial-max-1mb.

Ya but everyone knew she was getting nominated, and everyone thought she was for sure winning big.

Jay was on literally no prediction lists so it’s pretty obvious that he tipped someone off

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
4 hours ago, JustYouandI said:

Why can't you separate one from the other? Just because they are married doesn't mean they are one musical entity. No one is saying anything bad about Beyonce. And we are talking about Jay Z as an artist not as her husband. 

It’s cause people keep bringing up last year and saying bey bought her deserved nominations 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

NintendoMONSTER
18 minutes ago, brit4ever said:

With the risk of recieving WPs, I'd say that he bought those nominations and bought at least 3-4 wins, just as he bought 1 Million coppies of his album to make it Platinum in one week. It's pathetic and way too obvious at this point, isn't it? :gaycat: 

You‘re absolutely right! His album going platinum after just a few days was unrealistic as well! And getting nominations in the 3 big categories is just insane... This album had literally no impact compared to Divide ( I dislike Ed btw ) or even Joanne ( I love Gaga btw :stalkga:

brit4ever
19 minutes ago, NintendoMONSTER said:

You‘re absolutely right! His album going platinum after just a few days was unrealistic as well! And getting nominations in the 3 big categories is just insane... This album had literally no impact compared to Divide ( I dislike Ed btw ) or even Joanne ( I love Gaga btw :stalkga:

Every album in history that went platinum in a week was a big deal, spawned at least 2-3 WW hits and ruled the charts for (several) year(s) and everyone heared about them(BTW, Oops I Did It Again, The Marshall Mathers, 1989, 25 and etc.), what does 4:44 have? It has 0 hits(not even moderate ones), 0 impact, 0 hype and 90% of the people doesn't even know it exists + it's uploaded only on Tidal that no one gives a **** for and only Beyonce's fans use it, how exactly can it sell 1 Million in a week in the USA even with streaming? And it's obvious that everything was a scheme, judging by how it dropped on The Hot 200 the next week, or two and I don't even know if it still charts there. :awkney: Jay-Z, at least try to cover up your frauds a bit, maybe make it Gold in a week and Platinum in the second, or buy only 4 noms and 2-3 awards, idk...... :awkney: 

Regina George
5 hours ago, Borislshere said:

8 well deserved nominations. The album is amazing and got high praise from critics. Plus every category it was nominated for was pretty logical. 

:awkney:\:ladyhaha:

Regina George
12 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Are you going to actually add to the discussion or...?

Album is not that special.. it is okay and nothing 8 grammy nominations worthy... maybe 2-3 but 8? It’s so obvious they nominated him only cuz of his race - I’m not saying he paid for it tho.

Archived