3 minutes ago, Arturo said:

How do you turn 2 nominations into a Grammy boycott :deadbanana: 

Easy. By not watching :classy:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie
6 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

Yeah I am thankful for her two noms, but I do believe she deserved SOTY over Despacito or Issues!

Despacito most definitely. :saladga:

The fact that Despacito go a SOTY nomination over Million Reasons or Praying by Kesha is beyond me. I get that it was song of the summer, but SOTY is supposed to be a songwriting award and, sorry, Despacito doesn't deserve that spot. 

Lord Temptation
7 minutes ago, Doncho said:

I can understand if you get pissed for 0 noms, but for 2? no way. Who cares if its not for the big categories? Its still a nomination. And if MR was nominated for SOTY there was no way it could win anyway

Exactly. I wouldn’t have cared if MR didn’t win SOTY. That’s not the point. The point is that it should’ve at least been nominated. It’s the thought that counts. MR is Gaga’s comeback song. It’s her signature ballad. My god it literally outsold all the songs that did get nominated (except Despacito). Performed at the best Super Bowl halftime show in history. It deserved more recognition than that.

i medici
56 minutes ago, Yukia said:

4:44 for aoty and soty... 

Thats a great song and album. Better than anything on Joanne. :poot:

FalsePromise

I don't think she'll perform on Grammys but she does have 7 days break in European leg from 24th to 31st, if I'm right. So it might happen after all! ASIB lead is coming :D

JusticeforVenus

Time to activate the Soccer moms account and make everybody know that Shape of you is a cheap versión of Cheap Thrills, :lolly: hurry up gurls, two months left. Post it everywhere. Make it known, if Sia didnt get any award for CT, Ed shouldnt

Doncho
4 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Exactly. I wouldn’t have cared if MR didn’t win SOTY. That’s not the point. The point is that it should’ve at least been nominated. It’s the thought that counts. MR is Gaga’s comeback song. It’s her signature ballad. My god it literally outsold all the songs that did get nominated (except Despacito). Performed at the best Super Bowl halftime show in history. Performed live in front of five living former US Presidents. It deserved more recognition than that.

Well yeah I agree with that, it really deserved it! But a lot of songs were snubbed on that category so Im not that mad about it...

Arturo
1 minute ago, slayo said:

Was Sam Smith snubbed or was he not elligible?

Snubbed in ROTY, SOTY, and Pop Solo

YeehawKylie

I swear, the people complaining do not realize how insanely competitive this year was. You had well-received releases from Lady Gaga, Lana del Rey, Lorde, Kesha, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Shania Twain, and Ed Sheeran in the pop-category alone for full album qualifications. You widen it to pop releases with well-received songs you have P!nk, Kelly Clarkson, even Katy Perry (for CTTR). 

I think what Lady Gaga offered is better than some of those nominated for SOTY or AOTY, but that being said, I also think Kesha and Lana del Rey should have had more nominations as well. At the end of the day it was a very competitive year and Lady Gaga still managed to get two major nominations from the pop field, both of which she could hypothetically win (though I do think Kesha deserves to take at least one home...). 

The meltdowns in this thread are real. :emma:

Lord Temptation
Just now, Doncho said:

Well yeah I agree with that, it really deserved it! But a lot of songs were snubbed on that category so Im not that mad about it...

Thanks for saying! I agree many better songs were snubbed. But if the Oscars can include up to ten nominations for Best Picture then surely the Grammys can widen the scope for the Big 3 awards SOTY, AOTY and ROTY and have more artists recognised.

FalsePromise
2 minutes ago, slayo said:

Was Sam Smith snubbed or was he not elligible?

Too Good at Goodbyes was released on Sept 8th so yeah no noms for that one! Amen! 

Phoebe Buffay
7 minutes ago, i medici said:

Thats a great song and album. Better than anything on Joanne. :poot:

:air:Gurl, are u 4 real?:air:

• Haroon featured this topic
  • Haroon unfeatured this topic

Archived