Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
news

Gaga nominated for 2 GRAMMYs

Arturo

Featured Posts

PlasticHo
1 minute ago, Runway said:

JAY Z's nominations. This shameless payola oh god :rip: 

No lie!! I truly am at a lost in the album of the year noms. Where is a commercially successful nomination? I don't see one.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lemonade
3 minutes ago, PlasticHo said:

No lie!! I truly am at a lost in the album of the year noms. Where is a commercially successful nomination? I don't see one.

DAMN. and 24K Magic

Lord Temptation

F_CK YOU GRAMMYS.

You put women down unless they’re girls under 21.

Not watching. Hope Gaga doesn’t attend.

Arturo
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

F_CK YOU GRAMMYS.

How do you turn 2 nominations into a Grammy boycott :deadbanana: 

James Gibson
15 minutes ago, PlasticHo said:

After all the controversy over Adele winning over Beyoncé, doesn't it look like they picked the noms for Record, Song, and Album of the Year with that in mind? Poor lorde has no shot for album of the year, too risky for the voters.

Specially when on the contrary of the pop categories, the General Field nominations aren't just the ones with the most votes from the academy. The 20 or 15 most voted are sent to a smaller panel where they re-vote their favorites from that shortlist. They do that basically in order to avoid trashy #1 hits to sweep (This panel was created in the year Macarena exploded). Being a small panel they have their meetings and discuss what they think represents the best and deserve for that year. That's how Formation got ROTY and SOTY but no R&B categories. That's how Melodrama, a critically acclaimed album gets AOTY but no pop categories that are chosen by popular vote. That's how Ed Sheeran got snubbed when he certainly was one of the most voted for the General Field. They clearly have their intentions and this year wanted to embrace urban music and acclaimed albums more after several blacklash of just awarding the one who sells the most usually made by white people. Besides, Jay-Z must be friends with them because those three nominations just doesn't make sense

PlasticHo
Just now, Lemonade said:

DAMN. and 24K Magic

I'll just leave it at this, I've watched the Grammy nominations since 2004. This year is definitely the most surprising to me.

Doncho

F_CK YOU GRAMMYS.

Really? She just got 2 NOMINATIONS! What more did you expect?? :awkney:

ARTPOP didnt get any so we should be happy with what we got!

Lemonade
Just now, PlasticHo said:

I'll just leave it at this, I've watched the Grammy nominations since 2004. This year is definitely the most surprising to me.

Yeah I agree with you, they've basically secured 24K Magic AOTY by nominating Jay-Z, Kendrick and Childish Gambino together which will split the vote. Jay-Z's sweep to me is shocking and undeserved.

Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, Doncho said:

Really? She just got 2 NOMINATIONS! What more did you expect?? :awkney:

ARTPOP didnt get any so we should be happy with what we got!

Your enthusiam is cute. 

But im thinking of the bigger picture.

The Grammys are sidelining women with these nominations.

Runway
10 minutes ago, robboadam said:

Come on guys, did you really expect an album that didn't sell 'amazing' (though of course, it sold well) and didn't get 'amazing' reviews to beat out albums that were raved about all year?

I love Joanne, but I can definitely see its flaws and it's by no means up there with the best of music this year. I'm really happy we've got 2 nominations! Plus by not winning/being nominated, it'll hopefully make Gaga more determined to make better albums. Can't wait!

There are other interests within the academy than truly awarding the “best music” so lol

PlasticHo
Just now, Lemonade said:

Yeah I agree with you, they've basically secured 24K Magic AOTY by nominating Jay-Z, Kendrick and Childish Gambino together which will split the vote. Jay-Z's sweep to me is shocking and undeserved.

I'm even shocked, but thankful, for Gaga's noms. I came in expecting zero.

Lemonade
Just now, PlasticHo said:

I'm even shocked, but thankful, for Gaga's noms. I came in expecting zero.

Yeah I am thankful for her two noms, but I do believe she deserved SOTY over Despacito or Issues!

Doncho

Your enthusiam is cute. 

But im thinking of the bigger picture.

I can understand if you get pissed for 0 noms, but for 2? no way. Who cares if its not for the big categories? Its still a nomination. And if MR was nominated for SOTY there was no way it could win anyway

• Haroon featured this topic
  • Haroon unfeatured this topic

Archived