💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular Opinion about Born This Way.....

Grigio Guy

Featured Posts

Grigio Guy
9 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

raw

Born This Way may have been messy and it took me time to realize everything about it is a winner. Black Jesus' verses talk about her life story. The album has some of her best lyrics - all of Marry The Night, the bridge of The Queen, parts of Fashion of His Love, the iconic Heavy Metal Lover line (see my rank), and much more. It is incredibly empowering (and not just in a you're beautiful way, but also in a "you can do it and you're gonna be fkin superstar" way) and this album is about the message more than the music. But if it's your style of music (or even if it's not), you may develop a liking for the music and the message. Or you may love it like I do. I think this music fits the message very well and traditional electro dancepop wouldn't have. That's my opinion.

That’s why I included “it has some of the best songs In her discography” because of songs like Judas, Scheisse, HML, The Queen, You and I. I guess I meant that it’s not my favorite sonically. :sweat:

Religion is a product to sell.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grigio Guy
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

to me there are songs i never listen to on all albums EXCEPT Joanne but Joanne still isnt my fave album so you do you boo. Just because it's your least fave doesnt mean the songs you like dont still slay you to heaven and back

Oh definitely. There are songs on Born This Way that have my wig up for ransom.  tenor.gif 

PrinceOfTheStorm
16 minutes ago, Cruzifix said:

Born This Way is probably my least favorite album by Lady Gaga. While it certainly has some of the best songs in her discography, there are songs that kind of ruin the album as a whole for me. I can listen to a The Fame beginning to end without skipping over a song. Same goes for The Fame Monster (though I listen to the album in a different order from the tracklist). I skip over Fashion! And Jewels & Drugs when it comes to ARTPOP, and I Joanne is by far my favorite album thus far. But with Born This Way I find myself skipping over a good portion of the album. I have to be in a certain mood to listen to songs like Americano, Government Hooker, and Bloody Mary. Songs like Black Jesus are simply meh (except for the bridge and chorus) and I dislike Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn. And yes, I know:

latest?cb=20150221220014

THESE ARE BOPS!

Agree to disagree :selena:

signing out

Eddie A Michael

BTW album is kinda a lot to take.. It's loud from beginning to end. I like multiple songs from it but it is hard to listen from beginning to end.

Grigio Guy

Just now, Eddie A Michael said:

BTW album is kinda a lot to take.. It's loud from beginning to end. I like multiple songs from it but it is hard to listen from beginning to end.

THIS

derpmonster
7 minutes ago, Cruzifix said:

That’s why I included “it has some of the best songs In her discography” because of songs like Judas, Scheisse, HML, The Queen, You and I. I guess I meant that it’s not my favorite sonically. :sweat:

Understandable. There was a point when I felt that way too. It's still true but I guess I'm at that point in my life right now where it feels "right." Sonically, it may be subjective but as an album, it is much more coherent and complete than people realize. There aren't too many fillers. The only ones are Bad Kids (even though I kinda like it) and Electric Chapel (same).

Highway Unicorn may be "too much" sonically but it is the epitome, the climax of Born This Way just like Swine is of ARTPOP. It explains her vision of being on an endless journey. The vision of the cover. The vision of love. The vision of acceptance.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

DaddyFranco
9 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

I only skip The Queen from BTW, I have never heard that song in full to this day...

Well you should, because you skip the best bridge of Gaga’s entire career:trollga:

3 minutes ago, Andrew2512 said:

Are people that dumb to get that it's a joke ? I drag ARTPOP all the time so he can say it about BTW LOL @Lucas @TheShameMonster

if it was a joke then I expect it to at least be funny :giggle:

angels forever, forever angels

Born To Slay
10 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

I only skip The Queen from BTW, I have never heard that song in full to this day...

How far did u get in it?

Joanne Monster

I agree that it's her most inconsistent album. It has some of her best songs (MTN, Bloody Mary, TEOG) as well as some of her worst (Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn) although if you can look past the cheesiness there is a certain charm to them as well. Overall I'd say it's still in her top 2 albums (along with TFM).

bloody g

it's not an opinion, it's a fact

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, DaddyFranco said:

Well you should, because you skip the best bridge of Gaga’s entire career:trollga:

I don’t think so.

Archived