Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular Opinion about Born This Way.....

Grigio Guy

Featured Posts

Grigio Guy

Born This Way is probably my least favorite album by Lady Gaga. While it certainly has some of the best songs in her discography, there are songs that kind of ruin the album as a whole for me. I can listen to a The Fame beginning to end without skipping over a song. Same goes for The Fame Monster (though I listen to the album in a different order from the tracklist). I skip over Fashion! And Jewels & Drugs when it comes to ARTPOP, and I Joanne is by far my favorite album thus far. But with Born This Way I find myself skipping over a good portion of the album. I have to be in a certain mood to listen to songs like Americano, Government Hooker, and Bloody Mary. Songs like Black Jesus are simply meh (except for the bridge and chorus) and I dislike Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn. And yes, I know:

latest?cb=20150221220014

Religion is a product to sell.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster

raw

Born This Way may have been messy and it took me time to realize everything about it is a winner. Black Jesus' verses talk about her life story. The album has some of her best lyrics - all of Marry The Night, the bridge of The Queen, parts of Fashion of His Love, the iconic Heavy Metal Lover line (see my rank), and much more. It is incredibly empowering (and not just in a you're beautiful way, but also in a "you can do it and you're gonna be fkin superstar" way) and this album is about the message more than the music. But if it's your style of music (or even if it's not), you may develop a liking for the music and the message. Or you may love it like I do. I think this music fits the message very well and traditional electro dancepop wouldn't have. That's my opinion.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Edonis

The Fame has equal (if not more) filler to Born This Way tho :selena:

Plus skipping Fashion! is simply ungodly so I can’t accept this :madge:

Grigio Guy
3 minutes ago, Dino said:

Why you skip Fashion! and Black Jesus isnt meh

I listen to it every now and again (whenever I’m in the mood, I bop hardcore to it) and I feel Black Jesus’ verses don’t match the chorus and bridge sonically.

Religion is a product to sell.

1 minute ago, Andrew2512 said:

And you wrote your stupid irrelevant opinion for us because?

It's a pop forum site henny. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and is encouraged to share. 

angels forever, forever angels

Tom Nook
1 minute ago, Andrew2512 said:

giphy.gif

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Ryusei

to me there are songs i never listen to on all albums EXCEPT Joanne but Joanne still isnt my fave album so you do you boo. Just because it's your least fave doesnt mean the songs you like dont still slay you to heaven and back

Musery

Chromatic
5 minutes ago, Andrew2512 said:

Leave, rat. This is a ****ing pop forum.

moonsago
4 minutes ago, Edonis said:

The Fame has equal (if not more) filler to Born This Way so :selena:

Plus skipping Fashion! is simply ungodly so I can’t accept this :madge:

Not even, I like Born This Way more then The Fame but literally all the songs on The Fame could have been singles and done very well if not some could have been hits. Not the same can be said about BTW. And I don’t believe in fillers when it comes to Gaga’s albums.

Archived