Yes. If streaming was completely factored out the units would have been

Camila 65k pure + 16k TEA = 81k

TGS 70k pure + 8k TEA = 78k

giphy.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, TEA and SEA are just bullshit ways to inflate album sales.

How is 10 people buying Poker Face the same as 1 person buying The Fame? The "equivalent" albums metric is just ridiculous

Arturo

Stop dragging Camila when she made it to #1 in a competitive week. Its not like she went #1 off 70K SPS like Sia or something.

But yes I agree the charts are messed up but Camila isnt an example. Look further down this week’s BB200 and arrive to spot #10. That rapper made it to the Top 10 with 28,000 units. 25,000 from streaming. THAT is a problem.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Arturo said:

Stop dragging Camila when she made it to #1 in a competitive week. Its not like she went #1 off 70K SPS like Sia or something.

But yes I agree the charts are messed up but Camila isnt an example. Look further down this week’s BB200 and arrive to spot #10. That rapper made it to the Top 10 with 28,000 units. 25,000 from streaming. THAT is a problem.

congratulations to her and everything but i thought the album really wasn't anything great

i preferred Dua's album over Camila but hey, at least it's not ed sheeran

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Arturo
7 minutes ago, BenG said:

Honestly, TEA and SEA are just bullshit ways to inflate album sales.

How is 10 people buying Poker Face the same as 1 person buying The Fame? The "equivalent" albums metric is just ridiculous

I feel like SEA makes sense but yeah TEA  is a bit bullshit. Not that its gonna matter soon. Digital Sales will get so small that TEA will be bringing in <10k soon enough even for big albums.

SEA can be adjusted but it would be hard to track actual streams of the album. Maybe an album sale = 1500 streams of at least 3 different tracks from said album. It would be very complicated. Because it would need to track the certain user’s listening of the album.

1 minute ago, Arturo said:

I feel like SEA makes sense but yeah TEA  is a bit bullshit. Not that its gonna matter soon. Digital Sales will get so small that TEA will be bringing in <10k soon enough even for big albums.

SEA can be adjusted but it would be hard to track actual streams of the album. Maybe an album sale = 1500 streams of at least 3 different tracks from said album. It would be very complicated. Because it would need to track the certain user’s listening of the album.

The 1500 ratio needs to be adjusted, and the biggest N album tracks should be floored/scaled according to the N+1'th most popular album track.

WildAmerican
6 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Really? Hopefully

Yep just saw an ad. My Hometown team (Jacksonville Jaguars) is playing in the AFC championship against the Patriots for the Superbowl right now and I'm watching and I just saw an ad and Gaga was the first person mentioned!!!

Arturo
Just now, WildAmerican said:

Yep just saw an ad. My Hometown team (Jacksonville Jaguars) is playing the Patriots for the Superbowl this year and I'm watching and I just saw an ad and Gaga was the first person mentioned 

Just like AMA’s where shes the first person mentioned. :giveup: 

ViviLittleM
Just now, WildAmerican said:

Yep just saw an ad. My Hometown team (Jacksonville Jaguars) is playing the Patriots for the Superbowl this year and I'm watching and I just saw an ad and Gaga was the first person mentioned 

Slay because I've to wake up early on Monday lmao

Arturo
Just now, BenG said:

Have all the performers been announced?

I dont think so. They havent announced Jay Z and he should def get a slot with AOTY and the most noms. I feel like they’ll announce him and Beyonce the day of and they’ll perform Family Feud.

• Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived