Who's better than Gaga on stage

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopBitch
7 hours ago, Sailor said:

Don't know about ya'll but if David Bowie didn't die and got to go on tour with Blackstar I would've lost my ****. :rip:

Amen.

FinnishGypsy

Nobody. Gaga's shows consist of an incredible live vocalist and excellent instrumentalist who still provides full-on choreographed routines for all uptempo tracks (and despite not being a natural dancer, actually keeps up with her professionally trained backup dancers). She has elaborate stage/costuming/props/interludes that provide a unique narrative to embody her setlist thematically.  She is undeniably charismatic and has excellent, unparalleled rapport with her audience members. She can make a crowd of 20,000 feel much smaller, because she is so apt at speaking candidly and intimately with her fans. With the exception of a few talking points, she doesn't have a rehearsed speech that's recycled verbatim at every single date, but rather individualizes each experience accordingly (similarly, she does this in her songs by changing the lyrics to meet the environment). As such, no two Gaga shows are the same. Thus, while in many ways she's the consummate professional, her creativity (and subsequent erraticism) result in an atmosphere wherein the audience member feels as though "anything can happen." Hence, you feel like you're a part of something artistically great, rather than simply being an observer of a well-oiled production. Beyonce is the only other entertainer who comes close in terms of sheer talent as a performer, but her concerts are so rehearsed they tend to lack spontaneity. 

I've seen essentially every big pop act live at this point, but next month will be the fourth time I'm seeing Gaga. And that's precisely because she makes each tour an entirely new experience that makes her worth seeing again with each new era. I can't think of any other artist that I'd need to see more than once, because once I've experienced it, that's basically it. I've seen what they have to offer. But Gaga is always evolving.

ETA: I will say, the only live vocalist I've seen that's superior to Gaga is Kelly Clarkson. Her voice is otherworldly live, and the way she emotes is truly something to behold. She literally had most of the audience in tears more often than not. She's also extremely relatable and connects with her fans in a very unique (and hilarious) manner. But since we're talking about all aspects of performing, Gaga clearly wins in terms of overall showmanship.

But as far as the other main pop acts? I mean, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Selena Gomez simply can't sing (or dance, for that matter). Rihanna's singing has improved tremendously since her debut, but her vocals are still subpar, and her dancing leaves much to be desired. Further, none of the aforementioned women possess an ounce of stage presence. Pink is actually a great vocalist and entertainer, but unfortunately, she's started to play it safe with the actual music itself; all of her material in the last few years sounds interchangeable and disposable. It's like a repetitive amalgam of HAC Top 40 Radio. 

FinnishGypsy
On 11/12/2017 at 3:37 PM, ShockPop said:

Gaga has something I call the creepy factor.

It's like she becomes possessed by the performance, the music, and we see her soul take flight without limits.

Literally all other choreographed performances I've ever seen come off as "one two three and bend and turn and four and six" step by step rehearsed stiffness. Even Beyonce. For Gaga it seems like she's bleeding the music.

I wish I had read your comment before submitting my perseverative essay. This is spot-on and exactly what I was intending to say, but couldn't figure out how to put it into words (certainly not succinctly, anyway). 

No one has the stage presence Gaga has. However, in comparison, Beyonce and Pink are the most conistent performers. They always deliver. Pink and Gaga are more outside of the box than Beyonce. Beyonce has been killing it on Visuals the last few years. In fact, in 2009 when Gaga had everyone re-evaluating pop music, you saw Beyonce kind of take a turn from the same old same old, to more effort into visuals and statements. That being said, Gaga has the biggest amount of “presence” in her performance. She CONNECTS,has an element of theater, she sings live, she delivers choreo, she relishes inperfections, she expiremiments, she would die for art. Gaga also has more versatility, than any other Pop star. Her transistions from Pop to jazz, to musicals, to country/rock are astounding. The only vocalists that could almost  pull off the level of versatility Gaga has is Xtina and Kelly Clarkson. You don’t get that with Beyonce. With Beyonce you get a very polished, Madonna-perfect performance every time. Pink is kind of between Gaga and Beyonce. Pink has the most hit singles, and adds circus, and cirque to her stage. Her “Glitter in the Air” performance from the Grammys a few years back is one of the best visual performances the Grammys have ever seen. 

Gaga is just on another Level. Maybe a Bowie level(Even though she is vocally more talented than he was). 

Beyonce is on a Tina Turner Level. They are both phenomenal. 

nswain1110

Beyonce is really the only female performer I can think of that rivals Gaga's stage presence. I think Gaga brings a bit more raw passion, and Beyonce has more complicated and better executed dance routines.

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

RodeckDanny

Ugh so tired of these comparisons, cause they are SO DIFFERENT

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

IvyInferno

From my opinion, Madonna's shows are usually better than Gaga's, but she's performing since I was born so... it's kinda normal.

Still Gaga's voice >>>>>>>>>> Madonna

So I enjoy them both for different reasons. To me, they are the 2 best performers I've ever seen :firega:

NIghtmareElm

Nobody.

She is the best live performer alive right now.  Nobody puts on a  live show like she does.  Beyonce comes kind of close but her singing isn't as good.  Taylor is a good live performer but she doesn't have strong vocals.  Madonna doesn't sing half the time.  Britney never sings.  

Archived