💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Something About NOBTR

Guest bostonGUY

Featured Posts

Guest bostonGUY

I've noticed on Gagapedia that Nothing On (But The Radio) may be a play on a Marilyn Monroe quote "It's not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on."

I think this song, along with Princess Die, were written in the vain of "the decay of the blonde". Princess Die obviously plays into that idea, and I think Nothing On does to, but not in such a dark way. I definitely think NOBTR stands alongside Princess Die in that aspect. Maybe her original concept of the decay of the blonde was supposed to tell a story, with NOBTR being at the beginning of the story, and Princess Die being the conclusion. :oprah:

Idk that's just my thoughts, think what you want, call my crazy or obsessed, say who cares. Just wanted to share

MonsterOfSpain

It's a nice theory and it's probably related to that Marilyn quote, but NOBTR leaked in 2010. Maybe she was planning on putting it on ARTPOP v1 because of the new version of the song we heard in her car in 2012.

Guest bostonGUY
1 minute ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

It's a nice theory and it's probably related to that Marilyn quote, but NOBTR leaked in 2010. Maybe she was planning on putting it on ARTPOP v1 because of the new version of the song we heard in her car in 2012.

Oh, well there goes my theory

YorkieCat

I love that song!

I remember back in the 2010-2011 I downloaded a file full of gagas unreleased songs. Wish I had my old laptop :duck:

I'm so tired of people trying to say she wanted to put Nothing On on ARTPOP. It was never meant to be.

Make it stupid!

Guest bostonGUY
1 minute ago, slayo said:

I'm so tired of people trying to say she wanted to put Nothing On on ARTPOP. It was never meant to be.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

when it leaked, I legit did not believe it to be Gaga :awkney: 

took me a couple years to accept that it was. It's a bop though, through and through. But as miss @slayo said above, it just wasn't meant to be on any of Gaga's official releases. Honestly, it would've been so off-base along the rest of the songs from ARTPOP, glad it wasn't on there :lolly: 

❤ x ❤

Guest bostonGUY
1 minute ago, that juju said:

when it leaked, I legit did not believe it to be Gaga :awkney: 

took me a couple years to accept that it was. It's a bop though, through and through. But as miss @slayo said above, it just wasn't meant to be on any of Gaga's official releases. Honestly, it would've been so off-base along the rest of the songs from ARTPOP, glad it wasn't on there :lolly: 

But I wasn't talking about ARTPOP, unless the fact has escaped me that ARTPOP is all bout the decay of the blonde

JazzGa

You could interpret NOBTR as being about "the decay of the blonde icon" in this way:

NOBTR is about a woman choosing to step out of the spotlight/end her career because she wants a simple life where she is at home for her man, waiting for him, making him some food, etc.

(I personally never interpreted it that way until you gave me the idea. Video Game teas)

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

JazzGa
15 minutes ago, YorkieCat said:

I love that song!

I remember back in the 2010-2011 I downloaded a file full of gagas unreleased songs. Wish I had my old laptop :duck:

Me too! I hope I can find my old external hard drive one day, maybe by then all the unreleased songs that are on it will become rare again and I will get to be the ~cool popular leaker~ :cool:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Just now, bostonGUY said:

But I wasn't talking about ARTPOP, unless the fact has escaped me that ARTPOP is all bout the decay of the blonde

ARTPOP was all about the opposing elements of fame, and their relation to the superstar and the consumer. Not necessarily the decay - a theme Gaga probably was toying around with in the beginning, until she rerouted her direction and chose to focus on more than just the dark side of fame a la TFM. The edit fans heard in 2012 brings the subject of ARTPOP up whenever NOBTR comes up. So I was commenting on that, because others had brought it up above my post :lolly: 

A narrative between Princess Die and NOBTR can be made, as you stated above, but the length of time between the two is the biggest blow against the theory, mainly because NOBTR was rumored to have been written for another singer and never intended to be released by Gaga in the first place. Her mindset in 2009/2010 when the song was conceived was a far cry from the one she had in 2012, when she was doped up and worked almost to death.

So it's a bit of a reach, but correlations can be made.

❤ x ❤

AlexanderMagno

Gaga has been obsessed about Marilyn Monroe and Princess Di since forever, so it's only natural that lots of her songs reference her. I don't think there's a story behind the songs or that they somehow intertwine. It's just that Gaga uses a lot of pop references in her work.

YorkieCat
8 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Me too! I hope I can find my old external hard drive one day, maybe by then all the unreleased songs that are on it will become rare again and I will get to be the ~cool popular leaker~ :cool:

Haha That’s what I was thinking,

It’s hard to be cool with these “younger fans”.  😂

I found my old facebook status where I leaked the file but the link doesn’t work anymore. I was crushed. There was soo many songs, don’t even remember all of them. 

Guest bostonGUY

Another thing about this song

I came across this on YouTube

Is that intro with the piano official or is it fanmade?

Archived