šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga Didn't Want To Do Act II

Doot

Featured Posts

Now, correct me if I am wrong.

I don't recall who said it, I believe it was DJWS, but my memory could be failing me.

I recall it being said by someone on her team that she never wanted to do an ACT II in the first place, that it was primarily Troy's idea, which is why it never moved forward after he left.

And that vast majority of the material wasn't even finished songs. Just instrumentals and written songs, but not produced songs.

Can someone confirm?

LetsGetHigh

Honestly never heard that. Thought she wanted to do it but then the execution of the actual album was trash and then she fired / Troy left and it was all a mess and so any ARTPOP projects got scrapped besides the tour of course.

Ā 

SpookyKid

But didn't she talk about ACT II even after Troy left? :oprah:Ā 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

MaryJaneHolland

Didn't she say she wants to release it by the time the tour stars and tour both albums?Ā :oprah:

I canā€™t comfirm but it does sound true, it felt like all those side projects and ideas from the ARTPOP era were just too muchĀ 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

SHALLOW

I remember her saying in an interview that she didn't want to do it cause she realized it was against the conceptĀ of ARTPOP. which is to bring ART and POP together and not divide them in two acts

Phaye Monster

Nah honey:bon:

She did like the concept of Act 2 but as the previous comment stated, the idea of it contradicted the whole theme of ART and POP together, so she moved on (But a lot of us never did:selena:)

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

2 minutes ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

I remember her saying in an interview that she didn't want to do it cause she realized it was against the conceptĀ of ARTPOP. which is to bring ART and POP together and not divide them in two acts

Right, I remember this. It was supposed to be a double album, with the first CD being the commercial stuff and the second being the experimental stuff, but I dimly recal DJWS saying that 90% of the material for ACT II wasn't even done in the studio. Majority was just written.Ā 

Tom Nook

Iā€™m honestly having an Mandela effect right now because it seems plausibleĀ :huh:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

SHALLOW
Just now, Doot said:

Right, I remember this. It was supposed to be a double album, with the first CD being the commercial stuff and the second being the experimental stuff, but I dimly recal DJWS saying that 90% of the material for ACT II wasn't even done in the studio. Majority was just written.Ā 

yeah, she wrote more than 90 songs so of course the majority of them weren't even produced

You know what, I may be thinking of the App. There was something she didnt want to do, but Troy did.

Maybe I am thinking of the app.Ā 

FfFfFfFF

I don't think she meant that she didn't want to release the album, just that the bad position where she was madeĀ her not to want to extend the era. - if she said that

But I really didn't heard about this until now.

Guest bostonGUY
1 minute ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

yeah, she wrote more than 90 songs so of course the majority of them weren't even produced

makes sense when you consider the Tinnitus leak, and how HoR said she never recorded the lyrics

Act II was a cute idea she toyed around with in public, but I think, ultimately never really intended to do.

ā¤ x ā¤

• Bear locked this topic

Archived