Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Joanne Certified Platinum, Gaga reacts

gag

Featured Posts

Jennie Kim
Just now, Runway said:

what are you talking about. platinum albums are rare nowadays lol. this is huge

Rihanna's ANTI is about to be 4xP; Bey, Bruno, Abel, all certified weeks after their release.... All used to be her peers. Gaga needed a Halftime Show, a documentary and 12 months to do it. She's obviously not on their league anymore, which is fine, It just burst my bubble and I can't live in denial anymore lol.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway
1 minute ago, Kara Brasil said:

Rihanna's ANTI is about to be 4xP; Bey, Bruno, Abel, all certified weeks after their release.... All used to be her peers. Gaga needed a Halftime Show, a documentary and 12 months to do it. She's obviously not on their league anymore, which is fine, It just burst my bubble and I can't live in denial anymore lol.

yeah because they do zero promo and don't have songs on the radio with over 200M AI (bigger than any SB audience lmao)

Kimblue
5 minutes ago, Kara Brasil said:

Have you seen the charts lately? Not pretty and Joanne has help up very well.

Arturo

also should note that Joanne would have been Platinum by like late July had The Cure been on the album. The Cure has sold over 1 million song units that's 100,000 album units gone to nowhere. People still consumed a Lady Gaga song after MR's chart run but there's no album to put those units towards. Wasted units.

ArtGagaPop
18 minutes ago, Kara Brasil said:

the problem is streaming though, the pure sales are much closer to eachother. Adele is like the only one who can still sell records over millions without streaming. Despite anti being 4xplat and joanne only 1x they still have close to the same sales. 

LIKELADYAGAGA
1 hour ago, Arturo said:

The last 2 slots will probably be a battle between Melodrama (not even close to Gold), Starboy (2x Plat in the US), Joanne (Plat), and I'm guessing some country album

I would be shocked if Starboy isn't nominated. 

Jennie Kim
12 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

the problem is streaming though, the pure sales are much closer to each other. Adele is like the only one who can still sell records over millions without streaming. Despite anti being 4xplat and joanne only 1x they still have close to the same sales. 

We can't stay acting like streaming is a 'problem', the industry has changed, streaming is legit and is here to stay. This fanbase will soon use The Fame's  Diamond certification as a receipt for the next millenium and it's only doing that because of streaming. We can't pick and choose when streaming is bad/good because it benefits our fave.

Arturo
6 minutes ago, changingitup said:

I would be shocked if Starboy isn't nominated. 

I wouldn't. No one expected Beauty Behind the Madness to be nominated. He barely made it in that year and shocked everyone. But the Hills and CFMF were like 5x and 6x Plat. 

This time Starboy is 5x Plat and the next biggest song IFIC is 2x Plat. He submitted the single to the 59th Grammys and didn't get a nom at all.

He had a decline and when you're already not really a Grammy favorite and no one was even expecting your massively successful debut to be nominated it's kind of a given that your less successful sophomore effort will be snubbed.

Arturo

As someone who likes Lorde and purchased Melodrama, I'll be pissed off the committee only opens up 1 spot for a female and gives it to her. She delivered a good album but her sophomore slump was catastrophic. Joanne is Platinum with one of the best selling hits of the year. Along with the SB, Coachella, and FF2 she had a great year all associated with the Joanne era. If there are no females in AOTY this year then I'll understand I guess. as much as I hate it this was a male dominated year. Gaga was definitely the woman that dominated the most but even then she fell behind Bruno, Ed, Kendrick, and The Weeknd.

crisTEAne
2 hours ago, Gardevoir said:

Talent won again :queenga:

KuyCjE.gif 

where is this .gif from? :selena:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived