Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How should Gaga release her next album?

LIKELADYAGAGA

Featured Posts

Bellatrix

With a few airplane banners flying around in different parts of the world. It should say like "LG6 on Spotify NOW" with a pic of the album cover :tony: 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagz4Gaga

She should release the new album live while giving birth.

The album's title is PHOENIX :diane:

nostalgia’s for geeks

6 hours ago, Miel said:

I know visual albums wouldn't be a surprise, but I'd love to see what would happen if Gaga committed to that. Beyonce's Lemonade and Florence and the Machine's The Odyssey are both phenomenal- the latter is, in my opinion, an unseen masterpiece.

Gaga has incredible creativity, but I've yet to see that fleshed out in a visual like that.

Very good point. The Dive Bar Tour was on-brand yet very authentic, and very much suited Joanne

I'm wondering how she would steamroll her new release, if she's planning on doing something more grand.

Personally, I think it would be grand. Look at the Born This Way video prologue? That is honestly some of the most grandiose production material I've ever seen. Lemonade is Beyonce beautiful (meaning, beautiful in terms of the beyonce brand), Odyssey beautiful in Florence terms, and I think BTW was beautiful in Gaga terms. Again, though, it really depends on what she does with the next album sonically. If it's the sort of modern electronic r&b pop sound, I think she could make some really beautiful visuals! The rhythm and melodies are something I think wold translate very nicely.

PlanetChromatica
9 hours ago, Bio said:

How about announcing a lead single, releasing it 2 weeks later. Then a month later releasing a promo single, two weeks later another promo single and two weeks later the actual album. That would be unusual in the age we live in.

Unusual? That's lliterally what Gaga has done for the last two albums, only with slightly different times. :toofunny:

I think they need to shake it up because with BTW, ARTPOP and Joanne it has been pretty much the same strategy.

Announce lead single - released two weeks later - music video 2 weeks later

2-3 promo singles in lead up to album release which has resulted EACH time with the 2nd single being changed from original choice because of the promo single released after it being more popular :toofunny: this strategy is killing Gaga's single chart runs. TEOG completely blocked Judas from becoming a bigger hit, DWUW completely blocked Venus from becoming a single/no music video for either and Million Reasons replace A-Yo which I guess was a good thing for the Super Bowl.

Her record label and management need to be more organised with promo. Have the music video filmed and ready BEFORE you release the single. Have a lyric video that has an interesting concept released on the day of release and have promo lined up such as VMA's, EMA's, X Factor, The Grammy's etc. Release the music video MAXIMUM of 2 weeks after the lead single comes out. 

Also I do think her music videos need to become interesting again, I remember the days when each music video release was an EVENT, it was so hyped up and talked about. The last time this happened was with Marry the Night. There needs to be some sort of controversy or interest in the video that helps to get people talking about the song, that's the biggest promo. The real way songs become hits is because people talk about them, it doesn't matter if a song is terrible, if there is discussion or controversy the song becomes a hit, I mean look at Look At What You Made Me do, it's a terrible song but has become a hit.

4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Personally, I think it would be grand. Look at the Born This Way video prologue? That is honestly some of the most grandiose production material I've ever seen. Lemonade is Beyonce beautiful (meaning, beautiful in terms of the beyonce brand), Odyssey beautiful in Florence terms, and I think BTW was beautiful in Gaga terms. Again, though, it really depends on what she does with the next album sonically. If it's the sort of modern electronic r&b pop sound, I think she could make some really beautiful visuals! The rhythm and melodies are something I think wold translate very nicely.

This is honestly making me so hyped again, even though LG6 is likely eons away, haha!

There's so many possible directions she can go from this point on. The modern electronic R&B sound alá The Cure is possible, considering she's been working with DJWS- but then again, he's also helped produce some of her darkest sounding records, and we all know Gaga's interest in rock has bled in a lot this past album, so we'll never know. 

If she continues working exclusively with LOBSTEREYE for non-video visuals, I wonder how that will tie in to her release methods in the future. Their merch can be clunky, but everything else is actually pretty interesting and unique.

3 points in and ready for more

LIKELADYAGAGA
2 hours ago, ArtyRoberto said:

Unusual? That's lliterally what Gaga has done for the last two albums, only with slightly different times. :toofunny:

I think they need to shake it up because with BTW, ARTPOP and Joanne it has been pretty much the same strategy.

Announce lead single - released two weeks later - music video 2 weeks later

2-3 promo singles in lead up to album release which has resulted EACH time with the 2nd single being changed from original choice because of the promo single released after it being more popular :toofunny: this strategy is killing Gaga's single chart runs. TEOG completely blocked Judas from becoming a bigger hit, DWUW completely blocked Venus from becoming a single/no music video for either and Million Reasons replace A-Yo which I guess was a good thing for the Super Bowl.

Her record label and management need to be more organised with promo. Have the music video filmed and ready BEFORE you release the single. Have a lyric video that has an interesting concept released on the day of release and have promo lined up such as VMA's, EMA's, X Factor, The Grammy's etc. Release the music video MAXIMUM of 2 weeks after the lead single comes out. 

Also I do think her music videos need to become interesting again, I remember the days when each music video release was an EVENT, it was so hyped up and talked about. The last time this happened was with Marry the Night. There needs to be some sort of controversy or interest in the video that helps to get people talking about the song, that's the biggest promo. The real way songs become hits is because people talk about them, it doesn't matter if a song is terrible, if there is discussion or controversy the song becomes a hit, I mean look at Look At What You Made Me do, it's a terrible song but has become a hit.

Yes! Have the MV ready to go before announcing it as a single. If they would have gone through with A-Yo, that could have had a decent chart run... Then they could have announced Million Reasons as a single in Dec/Jan. I honestly think if Million Reasons would have become a single just a tad bit later than it had, it could have gone to #1 during the Super Bowl.

LIKELADYAGAGA
4 minutes ago, Miel said:

This is honestly making me so hyped again, even though LG6 is likely eons away, haha!

There's so many possible directions she can go from this point on. The modern electronic R&B sound alá The Cure is possible, considering she's been working with DJWS- but then again, he's also helped produce some of her darkest sounding records, and we all know Gaga's interest in rock has bled in a lot this past album, so we'll never know. 

If she continues working exclusively with LOBSTEREYE for non-video visuals, I wonder how that will tie in to her release methods in the future. Their merch can be clunky, but everything else is actually pretty interesting and unique.

LOBSTEREYE needs to COME THRU for her new music videos. I love the aesthetic they've come up with for Coachella and the Joanne world tour films.

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, changingitup said:

LOBSTEREYE needs to COME THRU for her new music videos. I love the aesthetic they've come up with for Coachella and the Joanne world tour films.

lol :toofunny:

She needs to do a visual album with Jonas Akerlund (I'm like, poisoning this site with this idea :gum:). I'm not sure about announcing/releasing strategies tho.... Her PR team better step up their game

doppelganger

Assuming the next album is ASIB, she's going to utilise the marketing machinery of Hollywood to put her song everywhere. Hopefully radio will follow suit, let's hope the lead single is at the very least radio friendly.

It's painfully obvious that radio support is waning, so Gaga has to take advantage of other channels - Superbowl, Netflix is just the beginning

8 minutes ago, changingitup said:

5 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

lol :toofunny:

She needs to do a visual album with Jonas Akerlund (I'm like, poisoning this site with this idea :gum:). I'm not sure about announcing/releasing strategies tho.... Her PR team better step up their game

LOBSTEREYE does some incredible visuals, but I actually like it when Gaga takes sole helm of directing more. I think they'd be a great combination if Gaga directed her own visuals, and they worked on the aesthetics.

... other than MR, of course. I mean, is it a truly bad video? No. But it's definitely not in the range of GUY, and definitely not in the range of MTN. 

3 points in and ready for more

JazzGa

Ugh I dont care about how she releases new albums, music, single promos, and videos I wish she would just DO IT ON A REGULAR BASIS AND NOT CANCEL STUFF HALF THE TIME

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, Miel said:

LOBSTEREYE does some incredible visuals, but I actually like it when Gaga takes sole helm of directing more. I think they'd be a great combination if Gaga directed her own visuals, and they worked on the aesthetics.

... other than MR, of course. I mean, is it a truly bad video? No. But it's definitely not in the range of GUY, and definitely not in the range of MTN. 

All of their work is 'in-front-of-a-background' visuals shot in a studio, I prefer visuals shot outdoors.

That was a messy wording :toofunny: Do you get my point? :toofunny:

Lmao she can announce that she is releasing a new lead single but instead drop the entire ****ing album :emma:

JazzGa
6 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

It's painfully obvious that radio support is waning

I remember during G.U.Y. era, reading a tweet or interview or something with a big pop radio DJ where he actually came out and said that they were refusing to play the new Gaga single, even though it was getting requested all the time, because it "doesn't smell like a hit" or some other weak ass non-reason. I think the lack of radio support at that time maybe had something to do with her split from Troy, perhaps he provided funding for radio play that was dropped when he left, or perhaps it was more vengeful and direct. 

Her radio plays haven't recovered since then, but to be fair (other than PI) she hasn't released a full radio friendly single rollout since then either. (MR was a full single rollout but a ballad rather than a radio friendly bop, The Cure was radio friendly but not fully released and pushed as a single)

I'm starting to think Gaga just doesn't want any hits anymore lol :smh: Fair nuff gurl, u can sell out stadiums without worrying abt what the tweens are requesting these days

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

Lmao she can announce that she is releasing a new lead single but instead drop the entire ****ing album :emma:

ta da mother****ers :fthis:

Archived