💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Taylor Swift - Gorgeous

alextruper17

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
16 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

This has always been my issue with Taylor, and why I stan Gaga so hard.

As someone who lives in NYC, you listen to Gaga's homage to the city (MTN) compared to Taylor's "Welcome to NY" and it's summed up perfectly. MTN is a deep, dark tribute to a place that is innately hard to live in, while Taylor bops around singing about the bright lights and boys and boys and girls and girls. She is not living life as a passionate woman with past history/trauma/sorrow. She's still a bit of a child mentally, and crushes on men, rather then loving/lusting over them. There is not depth, or any sort of negative emotion. 

So true. I think being born into wealth, being so mollycoddled by her parents and being so sheltered in the industry and life in general, has meant there's no real hurt in her that needs to heal, so she doesn't have anything truly meaningful to write about. Her life has ensured that while she has become an adult in lots of ways, mentally, she's stuck in her teenage years. Myself, I'm the opposite. I'm the same age as her (we were actually born just 2 days apart) but I've always struggled to be like an adult because I'm an only child, my parents never encouraged me to be independent, I'm still living with them and they pretty much do everything for me, look after my finances, drive me places, etc. It means I just don't live like an adult and have always struggled with feeling inadequate because of that. So, in the sense of adult living, I'm extremely naive. However, I've had a lot of hurt in my life and still do. Not to mention, I fear I'll never have that dream of a husband and child because I've never even dated and fear it'll never happen. So, to make up for my very sheltered existence, I've made it my mission to be as educated, as streetwise, as worldly as I can be so even if I'm not putting an adult life into practice, I can still know about theory and have the mind of an adult. I may have little practical experience, but mentally, I feel like I've lived a long time and am a lot more mature than some adults. I've seen spoiled adults acting like kids when they don't get their own way. I've seen adults stamping feet, slamming doors in tantrums and running away without telling anyone to make them worried - I grew out of that behaviour when I was like, 9.

Taylor simply does not act like the adult she is. It's beyond me how someone who owns several houses, lives alone for the most part, can drive, has had many boyfriends and isn't a virgin...can write such immature songs. Gorgeous is indeed a window into how Taylor views relationships - a giddy, teenage, innocent crush. It's clear why her relationships don't last long because men of her age do not want a innocent woman as a lover and certainly not in the bedroom. And women don't want innocent men either. It's a big turn-off when an adult is mentally stuck in their teenage years. The fact she feels the need to say "I've got a boyfriend, he's older than us" betrays everything. No adult woman would feel the need to say that unless he were, say, 20 years older. Assuming that she was talking about Calvin or Tom when she said this, well, they were 6 and 9 years older than her, respectively. Tom was the oldest guy she's ever dated but still, not that big of an age difference to start labelling them as "older men" or anything. Classing people according to their age is something that only very young people do because the heirarchy of age is important at that point but when you're an adult, you're all one and the same, you're basically on the same level, everyone's just an adult together and age no longer requires much thought.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a nothing song~

This song should go nowhere, but people love to lift this girl up, so it will probably be a hit, such is radio.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

alextruper17
37 minutes ago, Decidueye said:

The bitterness in this thread  :toofunny:

Everybody wants Taylor to fail 

Every Taylor thread is just the same, sadly. 

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

NIghtmareElm
31 minutes ago, alextruper17 said:

Everybody wants Taylor to fail 

Every Taylor thread is just the same, sadly. 

Exactly.  I think some truly do not like the music she is putting out but a lot of people seem to bitter because she keeps churning out songs that dominate.  Even a promo single debuted in the top 5.  I doubt she will fail.  

LWYMMD: Decent verses, the rest is meh.

RFI: Beautiful chorus, the rest is meh.

Gorgeous: Meh

As someone who very much enjoyed each and every one of her records I have to say that this album is terrible so far. The lyrics and production equal a spoiled little kid that is trying to sound tough (and that is not meant to be an insult). It just seems very unauthentic so far.

Lanadelduck

I love this song now.  Can’t stop.  It’s awesome.   It’s more than the song for me.  It’s emotional and memory triggering.  

6 hours ago, Ibo said:

It just seems very unauthentic so far.

probably my biggest gripe with it all. She could've gone one way and did something totally unexpected and fresh, but I feel like we were all sort of predicting this direction from her - full on pop - and it hasn't come across as genuine, not once. :saladga: 

❤ x ❤

IamChromatica

Her voice is so computerized it actually hurts. Beat is processed cheap, just like so many pop songs this year. Chorus has potential, but nothing memorable.

Can't wait for #Floputation

Spoiler

Gorgeous is extremely addictive though :giveup: 

broadcast the boom, boom, boom, boom ... and make 'em all dance to it.

Archived