💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

DJWS responds to RedOnesters and Garibaysters

gag

Featured Posts

joemayzzin

if gaga is happy with the music then that's all that matters to me personally, she isn't going to release something she doesn't like so i have trust in Paul.. i met him and he was such a sweet guy ( i even got a nice hug from him at an ARTPOP event in NYC) 

everyone is allowed to have their own personal taste but if this is the direction the music is heading in, then so be it!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123
2 hours ago, OracleMonster said:

He honestly hasn’t produced a single memorable Gaga hit :selena: 

Applause, Do What U Want and BORN THIS WAY.

Runway
3 hours ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

Yes. Unless you can prove me wrong 

Billboard 200

Joanne - 43 weeks (and counting)

ARTPOP - 29 weeks

end/

Some of you are so thirsty for hits, calling him out for doing her "least commercial album" BITCH BYE he produced Bloody Mary, Applause and Do What U Want which are fan favorites so shut the **** up and stay pressed cause he's here to stay

He's a great guy, and I actually really like his work on his own. With Gaga, I feel like his work is hit or miss (but mostly hit, so there's that). 

His work on BTW is absolutely magical. ARTPOP? Some didn't phase well, others are pretty good. The Cure is nice, and his work for the Coachella intro and JWT interludes are fire.

I'm definitely excited to see him and Gaga work again, and am curious as to where they are at in terms of their mindset. 

3 points in and ready for more

doppelganger

1. Gaga obviously likes him and his work ethic to work with him again and again. We never hear of Garibay which makes me think maybe she didn't enjoy the experience as much

2. He's open to new ideas. His work across BTW, ARTPOP and The Cure are completely different

Supersonic

1. RedOne is only capable of writing one song (Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Monster, Judas, Hair & Scheiße all sound pretty much the same)

2. Fernando is a scammer

3. DJWS is GOD :tony:

freebit

I'm constantly surprised (yet I shouldn't be) at how some of you think her working with RedOne is going to automatically give her commercial hits in this day an age. Like she will magically go back to being Fame-era Gaga. That's not going to happen.

Also, most of The Fame's actual songs were already written by the time RedOne came around. For reference and for anyone who thinks RedOne is some producing god, is him watering down Paparazzi with his ill-advised synths:

^I can't imagine Paparazzi becoming a classic with this production treatment. It's like having a really good movie great script and giving it to the wrong director. 

So, my point isn't that I'm anti-RedOne. My point is that all the producers she's worked with have their faults in someway or another. No one is perfect. At the end of the day, things boil down to Gaga herself, and what's she's inspired by and what her goals are. 

7 hours ago, Doot said:

Let's put this into perspective...

Not counting songs they have helped WRITE, which is an entirely different story than PRODUCING.

Here are the songs White Shadow has produced:

Born This Way

Government Hooker

Americano 

Bloody Mary

Bad Kids

Highway Unicorn

Electric Chapel

Sexxx Dreams

Jewels N Drugs

MANiCURE

DWUW

ARTPOP

Applause

Here are the songs RedOne has produced:

Just Dance

Lovegame

Poker Face

Money Honey

Boys Boys Boys

Paper Gangsta

Bad Romance

Alejandro

Monster

So Happy I Could Die

Judas

Hair

Scheisse

Here are the songs Garibay produced:

Dance In The Dark

Marry The Night

Born This Way

Americano

Blood Mary

Bad Kids

Highway Unicorn

Heavy Metal Lover

The Edge Of Glory

Honestly, all 3 of these lists contain tracks I could live without, as well as those I really love. There's no consistency.

4 minutes ago, freebit said:

I'm constantly surprised (yet I shouldn't be) at how some of you think her working with RedOne is going to automatically give her commercial hits in this day an age. Like she will magically go back to being Fame-era Gaga. That's not going to happen.

Also, most of The Fame's actual songs were already written by the time RedOne came around. For reference and for anyone who thinks RedOne is some producing god, is him watering down Paparazzi with his ill-advised synths:

^I can't imagine Paparazzi becoming a classic with this production treatment. It's like having a really good movie great script and giving it to the wrong director. 

So, my point isn't that I'm anti-RedOne. My point is that all the producers she's worked with have their faults in someway or another. No one is perfect. At the end of the day, things boil down to Gaga herself, and what's she's inspired by and what her goals are. 

Honestly, all 3 of these lists contain tracks I could live without, as well as those I really love. There's no consistency.

Well I wasn’t listing them to sway people one way or another. Just more or less to give a clear example of the types of songs each producer has churned out. 

monketsharona

Honestly if all he has up his sleeve are songs like The Cure, I'm not that hyped...

People are reproaching RedOne or Garibay to be dated, but I'm not sure DJWS did some of the best pieces of work with Lady Gaga since BTW... Apart DWUW and maybe Applause, most of his tracks on ARTPOP sound so overproduced. And The Cure sounds like a typical 2017 track. Not sure that's the kind of groundbreaking thing we'll remember in decades.

Honestly on next album she should pick someone new and fresh for lead producing. 

MaryJaneHolland
9 hours ago, that juju said:

but did he lie though, Gaga's best/most popular albums were co-produced by him :oprah: 

But, produced by Garibay and RedOne :reductive:

Regina George
8 hours ago, Dayman said:

Point out to me where I said it has to do with the lyrics? Has, everything to do with the production.

Poker Face/Bad Romance/Judas have the same production? :oprah: lmao K

OracleMonster
9 hours ago, Alan123 said:

Applause, Do What U Want and BORN THIS WAY.

Born This Way was produced by Fernando Garibay :awkney:

Like I said... no memorable hits 

Archived