Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Double Standard?

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

When Britney Spears joined X-Factor people were not critical about her but what about Katy Perry joining American Idol? Why are people so bitter about it?  Isn't this a double standard? 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

ryanripley

probably, but britney has actually got some talent/skill/knowledge in live performances (i don't mean vocals) so she i'd say she has a place on the panel

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Anderson123

Hmm people were actually critical about Britney, I don't know why you say that, it's not like she was part of The Voice. 

1. X-Factor was still relevant then

2. Britney is a pop darling and she has defenders due to the media and GP's treatment of her

3. Britney doing it didn't seem like desperation, more just that she was bored and wanted to have fun

4. Britney doesn't take herself seriously

Ethereal Mess
3 minutes ago, Guillermo Tello said:

Will Katy Perry give us iconic gifs and moments like Britney did on X-Factor? Surely not.

bsp.gif

Let's not discredit the queen of gifs. She will deliver in this field.

giphy.gif

The Child

Cause Britney actually had the X Factor, that factor that you can't put a name on, that exact factor that made her explode into this big star she has become.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

TimisaMonster

People are critical because Katy is judging on a SINGING competition and getting paid $25 million when she's sitting next to legend Lionel Richie... :what:

People didn't judge Britney because X Factor is judging MANY LIVE ACTS and got paid $15 million and SHE'S a legend... :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

5 minutes ago, Ethereal Mess said:

Let's not discredit the queen of gifs. She will deliver in this field.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

idk why people are so judgy about it.  I mean Katy was asked to be a judge, she accepted.  Somehow I feel like people blame Katy. Like why would she turn down #25m?

Lady1Gaga2

Because Katy is going through her AP era x3 and anything she does will be mocked due to the bad karma the Katy kats brought upon her. 

Archived