💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would Britney Jean have been more successful with proper promo?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

Britney's career before BJ was doing very well. Her prior era scored a number one album and three top 10 hits and she had featured on Will.i.am's mega hit Scream And Shout but then Britney Jean came along and Britney got her first flop. No top 10 hits and peaking number 4. Britney Jean was infamously poorly promoted, with Britney not doing a single promo performance for the album and only doing tv interviews rarely. 

If Britney Jean was given big promo, would it have been bigger? For example, if Britney debuted Work Bitch at the VMAs with its epic choreo and the era continued with that type of hype, would the album have been more successful?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
britneyspears

It would've been a bit more successful, but they were never going to promote it heavily. It was a bad album and got what it deserved. Britney's team were lazy and just assumed that it would sell off her name alone, which is obviously not the case. I'm glad it flopped because it made Britney's team realise that they couldn't half-ass her music anymore - they had to actually /give/ a ****. Thankfully, Britney was far more invested in Glory and it shows, as the music was light years ahead of the catastrophe that was Britney Jean.

Britney Jean has pretty bad quality music. But even if flopped aswell "Glory" is better for me, is fun to listen it :derpga:

I don't know but Work Bitch and its choreography was the perfect song for a VMA comeback performance, not Make Me tbh

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

I actually thought she was gonna explode again with Scream and Shout, but nope :duck:

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

LaLuna

Probably not. It's a terrible album. Work Bitch is the only song worth listening to, at least for me. 

Born To Slay
6 minutes ago, HANZ said:

I don't know but Work Bitch and its choreography was the perfect song for a VMA comeback performance, not Make Me tbh

I feel like if Work Bitch was debuted at the VMAs with a similar performance to its Vegas performance, just with more theatrics and fireworks, the song would've been a hit. 

Lucas

For sure. Work Bitch isn't a bad song, it went #12 with no promo, just a few performances and it would be a top 10 maybe top 5 hit (for a short time tho I think), which would help the album later. Perfume is a really great song too, nice vocals, beautiful ballad, it deserved better but also, it would be embarassing because Britney would lip-sync it 100% and she wouldn't have the "excuse" of heavy choreo

13 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I feel like if Work Bitch was debuted at the VMAs with a similar performance to its Vegas performance, just with more theatrics and fireworks, the song would've been a hit. 

exactly, even doing literally the same thing she did at vegas with an iconic outfit would have been enough to slay the vma's and get a top 5 hit

a shame none of this happened cause Work Bitch is one of my fav songs and probably my fav video from Britney

Born To Slay
6 minutes ago, HANZ said:

exactly, even doing literally the same thing she did at vegas with an iconic outfit would have been enough to slay the vma's and get a top 5 hit

a shame none of this happened cause Work Bitch is one of my fav songs and probably my fav video from Britney

Imagine if she was the closing act at the 2013 VMAs and performed the song before anyone had ever heard it and then at midnight, dropped the song on iTunes and premiered the video. That would've a top 3 debut! 

I also think if she did this for BJ, her career would be in better shape now.

5 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Imagine if she was the closing act at the 2013 VMAs and performed the song before anyone had ever heard it and then at midnight, dropped the song on iTunes and premiered the video. That would've a top 3 debut! 

I also think if she did this for BJ, her career would be in better shape now.

all of that:giveup:

this song had potential, too bad she wasn't ready yet

Archived