💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

TF: Gaga or Interscope

Twitter

Featured Posts

I'm back for another tired a** debate thread :stalkga: but this one's messier. Unlike my previous threads The Fame was Gaga's debut album so several things were planned. So who you siding with? :classy: Or are you satisfied with what originally happened?

Lady Gaga's Choices

1. Just Dance 

2. Starstruck

(scrapped due to Just Dance popularity)

3. Love Game

4. Paparazzi

Interscope's Choices

1. Just Dance

2. Beautiful, Dirty, Rich

(scrapped when Poker Face was noticed)

3. Eh Eh

4. Love Game

5. Boys Boys Boys

(scrapped twice when Paparazzi was noticed and to begin TFM era)

What Originally Happened

1. Just Dance 

2. Poker Face

3. Eh Eh

4. Love Game

5. Paparazzi

ryanripley

so her singles have always been a mess since the beginning :oprah: 

queen of consistency

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Neither of those sides are true though? I don't get what we're meant to be debating :awkney:

Debating on who favors Gaga or Interscope's decision. And correct me if I made an error.

sillynate

The way it is is perfect because the first 6 songs have videos :sis: so great to look at if you're new

"oh look the first 6 songs have videos!" 

:sis:

buttsicle

Starstruck would've been perfect for a single. It clearly shows cause it went gold by being a non-single track only. To put that into perspective, Eh Eh got gold on RIAA as well - and that was a single.

WOOHOO YAHAA

TimisaMonster

Gaga's choice cuz of Starstruck ft. Flo Rosa would've slayed as a 2nd single :firega:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

14 minutes ago, HANZ said:

none of them wanted Poker Face?

Tea has been served :tea: no but I think Poker Face was finished but still in the works at that time. So they needed a song to fall back on. 

18 minutes ago, KING said:

Debating on who favors Gaga or Interscope's decision. And correct me if I made an error.

I just don't get where you've got this information from? A lot of The Fame was mutual decisions.

A lead single didn't materialise until Just Dance was made.

Poker Face was always going to be it's follow up.

Beautiful Dirty Rich is a "promo single" which was mostly influenced by Gaga's choice. The label complied to simply get more Gaga out there and build her image.

Love Game and Eh, Eh were released as follow ups depending on target audience. Not everywhere would appreciate LoveGame so Eh, Eh was promoted in those places instead. Gaga was happy with both of these singles.

Starstruck was only debated to be a single because of Flo Rida's popularity helping the song get good sells. It never materialised as a single choice because Gaga wasn't keen on the song and it wasn't a direction her or the label wanted to go in.

Paparazzi was another mutual decision. Gaga loves the song and so did the label.

Boys Boys Boys was scrapped to focus on TFM era. Once again, mutual decision.

AlexanderMagno

Fans keep discussing Interscope vs Gaga when both have said there was no bad blood between them and singles' choices were always agreed between each other.

Archived