💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people say Madonna is Talentless?

Stevo

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Unwavering said:

Last time I checked, Gaga had the same amount of Grammies as Madonna and she's been in the industry for far less time. There are also other indicators to flat out prove Gaga can outclass Madonna as an artist, but I rest my case.

I mean Mariah Carey has 5 grammys and she's a way better singer than Madonna but having a lot of grammys doesn't indicate your level of artistry.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Unwavering said:

Last time I checked, Gaga had the same amount of Grammies as Madonna and she's been in the industry for far less time. There are also other indicators to flat out prove Gaga can outclass Madonna as an artist, but I rest my case.

And even though I like gaga more, I think credit is due to Madonna, she totally shocked the world with Like a Prayer and how religion and sex were something to be both embraced equally and that sex wasn't wrong, I also think her magnum opus is Ray of Light (i havent actually listened to the whole album but a lot of Madge Stans say that it's her best work) which was about spirituality and kabbalah stuff. But as of now I think Madonna has one of the most diverse and artistic discographies and music videos but only time will tell for Gaga, but she's coming.:queenga: I mean like compared to Michael Jackson I think Madonna and Gaga beat him in artistry because I find his material kinda boring tbh.

7 hours ago, Omar Vela said:

A talented business woman: YES
A talented artist: Not at all
Is that bad: No
That makes her less important in pop history: No
Should Medonners stop trying to make her look like a modern Wagner?: Of course!!

change artist to singer, she's definitely a talented and creative artist though but not vocally talented but still decent

GypsyBabe

Don’t like Madonna. Not a fan of her music, her voice, her performances, her mean fans, her terrible attitude.

That being said, I respect her impact in the industry and would never consider her to be talentless. I do in fact enjoy a song or two on occasion. 

⚯͛

NIghtmareElm

To say Madonna is talentless is ridiculous.  So many great albums.  You can't deny albums like Madonna, Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer, True Blue, and Erotica are iconic masterpieces.  She was an innovator and paved the way for every pop star after her.  

wahkeenasitka

ok i just watched that Express Yourself vid from 1989. 

Wow, how time has changed. 

There's something inherently consistent about pop music from the 80s to today that is very basic and formulaic... but at the same time, the quality in production and stage rigs is 1000000x more complicated and massive now. It's almost refreshing to see a pop singer do a relatively basic / simple / low-key stage performance like this. 

that being said, I wouldn't call Madonna talentless. she is obviously talented. 

I don't know what it is, but something about her music just doesn't really grab me that much. I feel like it's pretty basic and meh. 

Edge Of Venus
8 hours ago, Unwavering said:

Grammys back in the days were completely different and more conservative. They never gave credit to pop girls. Even Like A Prayer didn't receive a single nomination. So your argument is just plain stupid. Taylor Swift has two AOTY while Bjork has never won a single Grammys award. 

GaGaAst
23 hours ago, MyQueen said:

M is the most talented in the business!

Ya. Mother monster and Micheal Jackson both r the most talented. You couldn't be more right honey.. :rockstar:

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Xoxo Adriana
22 hours ago, Sebs said:

Ugh, 'cause little monsters can be so stupid sometimes. Like OH NO SHE ATTACKED MOMMY SHE'S AN OLD UNTALENTED *****. Take SEVERAL seats. Whatever's going on with Gaga and Madonna, Madonna she's a HELL of a performer and an artist. I mean, I pray and hope Gaga's going to achieve (and I'm sure she will) the peaks of artistry that Madonna achieved with albums like Erotica, Like A Prayer or American Life. So shocking news, you can love Gaga AND Madonna at the same time, bottom line cut and dry.

Preach girl, I agree though...people shouldn't attack her because she shaded Gaga. I might make little jokes about Madonna but really the woman knows how to perform. As I stated before, if she were to be compared to Gaga, Gaga definitely is more talented as her voice is versatile. Madonna is great pretty much for pop, and maybe country. I think dancing wise: thats Madonna's job. Singing: let Gaga handle that part.

@AndrewGr @GaGaAst Leave please. This thread was to analyze Madonna's talent not someplace you can spew your negativity and shade at. Honestly don't even come on a thread that has Madonna's name on it ever. :awkney:

heimerdinger

She's talented. Something ppl dont give enough credit for but definitely not high caliber talent. She's a not a bad singer but inconsistent. And the people with the "excuse me no"s are really annoying. It's fine to not agree with the OP but that's just rude because he/she isn't saying she's the most talented singer in the world. 

heimerdinger

1 hour ago, wahkeenasitka said:

ok i just watched that Express Yourself vid from 1989. 

Wow, how time has changed. 

There's something inherently consistent about pop music from the 80s to today that is very basic and formulaic... but at the same time, the quality in production and stage rigs is 1000000x more complicated and massive now. It's almost refreshing to see a pop singer do a relatively basic / simple / low-key stage performance like this. 

that being said, I wouldn't call Madonna talentless. she is obviously talented. 

I don't know what it is, but something about her music just doesn't really grab me that much. I feel like it's pretty basic and meh. 

Ray of light/Like a Prayer basic? :what:

Archived