Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's discuss Fibromyalgia as a discredited disease.

Swine

Featured Posts

HighlandHeart

Fibromyalgia is a disease as, left untreated, it will progress. 

Alcoholism is also a disease. 

The medical profession can help somewhat yet, but researchers wont spend capital on it because fibromyalgia is arguably inevitable after trauma and addiction. Most government-funded authorities accommodate research for the roots of trauma and addition and methods to prevent it.  

My grandmother has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The question of whether or not it is a disease is entirely dependant on the criteria of disease structure. Many medical professionals view believe that alcoholism is a disease and decide to treat it as such. (Left untreated, it will progress.) Alcoholism is seen as an emotional, physical and mental illness which can progress if left untreated. Often the approach for any substance misuse and addiction is a more spiritual path. It's clear from many case studies that fibromyalgia is widely seen as a disease of the musculoskeletal system. Alcoholism is a hepatic (and generally all organ-related) disease. Why should it not be taken seriously? To laugh at the fact that emotional and mental disorders contribute directly to physical disorder is ludicrous. Take a look at eating disorders. Fibromyalgia's causes may be unclear however there is a pervasive pattern of physical and mental trauma which persists. I guess it's easy to see how a dentist can laugh at chronic pain but in my experience, I have a chronic tic disorder which affects my teeth, jaw and gums. It was induced by psychical trauma which I'm not comfortable sharing online, however it has persisted alongside a number of anxiety-related disorders and depression for six years since. It goes without saying that this has come with a lot of body pain. Whilst I don't have fibromyalgia, I can relate in the sense that unless you experience the disease/illness itself, you won't actually understand it. Sure, you can understand it through academic study and information. But unless you experience it yourself, however imaginative you consider yourself to be, most people find it difficult to think outside their own life experience.

If you don't have shadows you're not standing in the light.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blood spinning is not alternative it is a procedure of the mainstream medicine. to call it alternative is just disinformation since something like this is typical of mainstream medicine same like the useless drugs that they pedal and the dangerous radiation therapies and psyco baby traumatising birthing procedures. alternative treatment for fibro is raw foods. theere should be no surprises when you mess with peoples food that they are going to get sick. check my thread I put some good info in there.

On 9/26/2017 at 7:50 PM, Swine said:

It just happens that I choose to treat conditions from the neck up. Fibromyalgia is a part of the basic education in the health sector, and it affects my work every week since patients with fibromyalgia also shows some other conditions related to my specific area of work. Stop trying to dismiss my profession or my knowledge. There's literally minors here using google as a "scientific source" and there's no discussion about that at all.

hmm but dental health has everything to do with the health of the digestive system. Let me give you a basic education. The teeth are the first part of the digestive system. they are used to break down food and contribute enzymes to communicate with the rest of the digestive system so that the food can be digested and provide nutrients for healing and normal fueling and maintenance of the body. your not going to be able to do anything for peoples dental health whilst believing you are treating "conditions from the neck up." poor dental health is indicative of poor diet and can indicate parasitic infections in the intestine. it is better to see there is an issue in the mouth and deal with it properly than to be oblivious of it due to cosmetic dental treatments whilst all hell is breaking loose further down the digestive tract.

Maybe Gaga just needs a break. She was pretty intense before in how much she worked, and now she's exhausted and needs to wind down  a bit.  I believe marijuana played a part , but more importantly I also regard her to be an excellent marketer seeing as its discussion is central to her new movie. So people, relax, as far as I know nobody's died from FM, she just feels she needs to veg out a bit and enjoy her life. 

Morphine Prince
On 9/26/2017 at 1:39 AM, Edonis said:

Yeah it’s fairly controversial in the North American scientific and medical community because much of it is sparingly elucidated and a lot of patients who say they have these symptoms often have comorbidity with other conditions, diseases i.e. depression, anxiety, etc. which does have physical manifestations. The issue is that many patients a) don’t want to settle with a diagnosis of a mental health condition because b) there pain is thought to actually be physical and not just psychosomatic. That’s where the controversy really arises: is this just a label for multiple symptoms that really is just chronic pain or is it actually a disease or condition. Research on this is obviously very hard to conduct (really, any research on pain and pain perception is hard to study) and because of that, not enough scientific data are out there for the medical community to really come to a consensus. 

That being said 

I work in the medical/scientific community as a researcher. I’m in graduate school and am taught by PhDs and MDs and experts in the field of inquiry: it is simply inappropriate to laugh at someone’s pain and desire to be healed. What kind of ugly people do y’all hang out with :green: I’ve heard at that at the medical school attached to my school system, you can actually get thrown out of the program for that kind of behavior, so to just imagine that professionals in the field feel that comfortable to act that way...yikes :green:

What are you studying in graduate school? 

I wouldn't be surprised that they get thrown out, Houston has the biggest medical center in the world after all. 

13 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

What are you studying in graduate school? 

I wouldn't be surprised that they get thrown out, Houston has the biggest medical center in the world after all. 

Molecular Microbiology :diane:

And yeah, the TMC has a level of prestige that they try to maintain. Most hospitals in the complex are especially selective, so it's not surprising that they take drastic measures when students or faculty do questionable things like that. It's only fair. They're people, they deserve some respect and human dignity :shrug:

scallywally

I just wish she was surrounded by better people, she shouldn't be allowed to release so many dates knowing she gets ill when she cant cope. We all want her to be happy. On top of that because so many dates on her tours somehow don't work out because of it and we lose so much money that surely makes her feel worse!! Its a no win situation I guess, weed wouldnt help. If she hasn't got a strong team around her she's going to be dead like Amy Winehouse. The pain must be awful mentally to make it go through her body. She shouldn't push herself this much, she's obviously not capable of doing it. Everybody changes in different ways all the time. She's not up to do all this. We all lose out including her :(

1 hour ago, scallywally said:

I just wish she was surrounded by better people, she shouldn't be allowed to release so many dates knowing she gets ill when she cant cope. We all want her to be happy. On top of that because so many dates on her tours somehow don't work out because of it and we lose so much money that surely makes her feel worse!! Its a no win situation I guess, weed wouldnt help. If she hasn't got a strong team around her she's going to be dead like Amy Winehouse. The pain must be awful mentally to make it go through her body. She shouldn't push herself this much, she's obviously not capable of doing it. Everybody changes in different ways all the time. She's not up to do all this. We all lose out including her :(

Exactly.  We don't need to see her dance.  We need her to take care of herself.  A friend has fibromyalgia, and physical exertion brings on episodes of severe pain.  My friend can take short walks, but is in trouble if she walks very far.  Translate that into Gaga's dancing on tour.  An average healthy person wouldn't be able to physically do what Gaga does in one concert.  But Gaga works out, to make herself strong enough to do it.  When I see these clips from Gaga's last concert before she was hospitalized, I cry when I think what could result if she continues this choreography. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

18 hours ago, deeman said:

hmm but dental health has everything to do with the health of the digestive system. Let me give you a basic education. The teeth are the first part of the digestive system. they are used to break down food and contribute enzymes to communicate with the rest of the digestive system so that the food can be digested and provide nutrients for healing and normal fueling and maintenance of the body. your not going to be able to do anything for peoples dental health whilst believing you are treating "conditions from the neck up." poor dental health is indicative of poor diet and can indicate parasitic infections in the intestine. it is better to see there is an issue in the mouth and deal with it properly than to be oblivious of it due to cosmetic dental treatments whilst all hell is breaking loose further down the digestive tract.

Off course everything is correlated, like I have stated in other comments here. But my area of DIRECT intervention is from the neck up. That's what I meant.

9 hours ago, Edonis said:

Molecular Microbiology :diane:

And yeah, the TMC has a level of prestige that they try to maintain. Most hospitals in the complex are especially selective, so it's not surprising that they take drastic measures when students or faculty do questionable things like that. It's only fair. They're people, they deserve some respect and human dignity :shrug:

Like I said many times before here in this thread, only mentally sick people laugh at other peoples pain and suffering. What people may laugh about is the concept of fibro itself, since it is seen as a quick/easy way to get a diagnosis for something that has no other name. Its diagnosis is by exclusion and the symptoms are very general. Off course nobody is laughing at other peoples pain, that's just sick and disrespectful. 

AyaKara

I'm only a first-year medical student nowhere near touching this topic, but I have wondered if fibromyalgia is depression and people are afraid to vocalize that because of the mental health stigma.

EDIT: Saw some people's discussion about medical school in the US, just in case you wanted perspective from the MD side:

1) We are held to the tops of professionalism and are 'taught' to be compassionate -- medical schools started doing this because so many doctors have become cynical in the past few decades, and they're weeding out the people who don't care. If you look up professionalism in medical school, many people have been thrown out because of their unprofessional behavior with patients or in school.

2) Medical and dental students take many of their 1st and 2nd year classes together, then separate for clinics while still coming together for some interdisciplinary work. DDSs are of the same tier as MDs, imo.

6 hours ago, Swine said:

Off course everything is correlated, like I have stated in other comments here. But my area of DIRECT intervention is from the neck up. That's what I meant.

yes cover up the problems lower down so the medical mafia can rake it in further down the line when there is much worse disease.

Edonis
8 hours ago, Swine said:

Like I said many times before here in this thread, only mentally sick people laugh at other peoples pain and suffering. What people may laugh about is the concept of fibro itself, since it is seen as a quick/easy way to get a diagnosis for something that has no other name. Its diagnosis is by exclusion and the symptoms are very general. Off course nobody is laughing at other peoples pain, that's just sick and disrespectful. 

It’s still pretty disrespectful imo to laugh at the concept of a disease, no matter how bizarre or unrealistic it may be. I’m not attacking you by any means, but I would definitely look at those doctors differently because, really, who finds uncharacterized symptoms funny? And I’m aware of some of the rather...colorful and at times ludicrous aspects of alternative medicine, but it should still be handled with respect and cordiality.   

56 minutes ago, Edonis said:

It’s still pretty disrespectful imo to laugh at the concept of a disease, no matter how bizarre or unrealistic it may be. I’m not attacking you by any means, but I would definitely look at those doctors differently because, really, who finds uncharacterized symptoms funny? And I’m aware of some of the rather...colorful and at times ludicrous aspects of alternative medicine, but it should still be handled with respect and cordiality.   

Honey there's a whole book dedicated to discredited diseases and it's supposed to make you laugh.

Archived