Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

James L

Featured Posts

n0ne

Abcsofdeath.jpg

7/10

It's definitely weird and eclectic but very uneven and in the end kinda a letdown. It had a lot of the potential but the end product was amusing but not really scary or thrilling. WTF describes the atmosphere of the film; hopefully the sequel is better.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

ZacharyyyM

I'm watching it right now, but seen it a billion times and still love it! I originally bought it because I love Desperate Housewives and saw Felicity Huffman was in it so I just had to! Such a touching story line with a lot of drama and heart warming moments.
transamerica2.jpg
9/10

Gaga is Life

Just finished watching Jack Reacher. It was so good! Probably as good as those types of movies go; highly enjoyable, great storyline, great plot, great action, great everything pretty much. 9/10.

n0ne

Philadelphia - 9/10

A well-acted and depressing (sometimes aggravating) drama about a dying AIDs victim suing his old employers for unjust/discriminative termination. I can't believe this movie came out in 93 when I was born and one of the first major hollywood films about AIDS/HIV and homophobia.

Everyone was great in their roles but Tom Hanks took the cake, he's just so diverse and brilliant in his roles. The fact that its based on a true story, just made the story and atmosphere so realistic and inspiring.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Gaga is Life

The Impossible - What a well executed, very moving film on a true story from the tsunami in 2004 that grabs you and pulls you right into the characters emotions. It was very touching. I do wonder what happened to the dude in real life that lent the father the phone. Oh, and by the way I'm rating this film a 10/10.

Lion Heart

Camp Rock 2

Rating: 5.5/10

No standout tracks; no memorable plot unlike its predecessor. Its just... bland. The first was miles better than this. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Dawson

Admission - 3/10

Even with Tina Fey, it's just predictable and awful Avoid if you can

The Graduate - 9/10

What a film. :legend: More like Art.. Just awesome

Funny Games (The 2007 Version)

funnygames1.jpg

7/10

Hard film to review, I enjoyed it, but the end kind of ruined it for me, on the upside it was beautifully directed and well acted. Good for a one time watch - but I haven't got much of a want to see it again.

Gaga is Life

Hitchcock - A very well made film. 8/10

What To Expect When You're Not Expecting - It's entertaining and enjoyable 6.5/10

Aaliyah

MV5BMTAxMDA2MjM4NDReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDE0

10/10

The story was beautifully told and it evoked emotion exactly how a story like this should.

Lampost

MV5BMTUzMDg5NjM3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQ3

This Must Be The Place - 6/10

It's an impressive piece of filmmaking on many levels. The script, the cinematography, the direction... but the pacing and plotting itself is a bit muddled up. It's so slow that it actually starts to fall apart, with the man plot-line of the film fading into general disappointing nothingness. It's a shame really, considering there's alotta good stuff in here too.

Sound_of_my_Voice_poster.jpg

Sound of My Voice - 8/10

An extremely smart piece of indie filmmaking, the writing is unbelievably clever. There are multiple different 'stories' and 'reasons' given for events in (and not in) the film, but they're each written in a way that allows every 'theory' to be backed up by several other things in the movie. Which is great as it allows for endless discussion!

Word of warning though... this definitely is not a film for people who would rather be entertained than engaged, it challenges you and makes you think in a way that may be frustrating for those who like their films to give them straight answers.

Michael

b35814dzmnq.jpg

The Faculty - 7.5/10

Anyone who is a fan of 90's era teen horror movies will probably like this movie. It's gory, outlandish, interesting and works well as an ensemble piece. Although the graphic effects look hilarious compared to today's standard it is enjoyable in the way that it looks so ridiculous. The actors all gave really good performances, specifically the actors playing the students.

7.5/10

Starring - Elijah Wood, Josh Hartnett, Jordana Brewster, Clea DuVall, Robert Patrick, Famke Janssen, Laura Harris, Shawn Hatosy, Piper Laurie, Usher, and Salma Hayek.