💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB shifted to 18th May 2018

Kalinda

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

I was hoping it would be good, but now this seems to have confirmed the contrary.

The dramatics... :smh:

All this “confirms” is that it’s being released in May instead of September. Everything else is speculation at this point.

Let’s just wait and see. :flop:

headspin, happiness, DEÌ€ÌŁAÌąÌŻÍ”Ì˜T͏͙̗̟̫HÍĄÍ…Ì—Ì™

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jonathanholland
Just now, Born To Slay said:

The movie is out in May, the lead single would be out in August. That's a three month break. More then most people get. 

Well most people don't suffer Chronic pain, Lupus, PTSD, a broken hip, and such a heavy schedule for almost 10 years now. We just witnessed her deal with heavy pain in the docu and she just cancelled 2 months of touring. I highly doubt 3 months will be enough for her to heal from all of that. Let alone record a whole new album :smh:

Before there was love, there was silence

Born To Slay
Just now, JonathanHolland1 said:

Well most people don't suffer Chronic pain, Lupus, PTSD, a broken hip, and such a heavy schedule for almost 10 years now. We just witnessed her deal with heavy pain in the docu and she just cancelled 2 months of touring. I highly doubt 3 months will be enough for her to heal from all of that. Let alone record a whole new album :smh:

Those are all good points

SpaceAce
15 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

I mean: sure its great that the movie is coming sooner b/c that means we're getting the soundtrack, trailer, etc sooner. So as fans it's nice we won't have to wait as long.

But, an earlier release means the studio has little faith it'll be an awards contender, which means they probably have little faith in the film as a whole. I personally am disappointing by this news b/c against all i odds, I was hoping it would be good, but now this seems to have confirmed the contrary.

I'm sorry but this isn't logical. If the studio has "little faith in the film as a whole", they wouldn't be giving it a major summer release date to possibly kick off Cannes. They would try to hide it. 

No one ever believed this movie would be an Oscar contender. It's Bradley Cooper's debut as a director, a fourth remake, Gaga's first go as a film star, etc. 

And yeah, summer movies don't get a lot of attention at the Oscars, but, the competition for song of the year isn't the same thing as the competition of a performance or best film and all the promo involved in that. Plus, I'm pretty sure a summer blockbuster is worth more to Warner Brothers than the potential for an Oscar nomination or win. 

yASSsss
5 minutes ago, Kara Brasil said:

The same fans that thought Joanne would get a 80+ Metacritic score. Unfortunately, this fanbase creates unrealistic expectations around everything she does. 

MR is rumored to a strong contender for SOTY at the Grammys according to HDD and BB,so we were halfway right :giggle:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

SpaceAce
8 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

Mad max fury road was a “remake” released in May and still grossed high and got several Oscar noms. Not implying A star is born is going to be good (as literally no one has seen it outside of execs) but can we save the negativity for now? 

Exactly, there's a lot of factors still at play that can carry it over to awards season buzz. 

3 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

I'm sorry but this isn't logical. If the studio has "little faith in the film as a whole", they wouldn't be giving it a major summer release date to possibly kick off Cannes. They would try to hide it. 

No one ever believed this movie would be an Oscar contender. It's Bradley Cooper's debut as a director, a fourth remake, Gaga's first go as a film star, etc. 

And yeah, summer movies don't get a lot of attention at the Oscars, but, the competition for song of the year isn't the same thing as the competition of a performance or best film and all the promo involved in that. Plus, I'm pretty sure a summer blockbuster is worth more to Warner Brothers than the potential for an Oscar nomination or win. 

they are trying to hide it.. it's being released between The Avengers and Star Wars :rip: music might be in the cards, we haven't heard anything, it's a good thing she's eligible for Grammys at least two and maybe three years in a row though

monsterdino

This is not good for Oscar chances (usually releases around Q3/Q4 are nominated) and for box office (it's sandwitched between Star Wars and Avengers) :rip: 

SpaceAce
1 minute ago, BadMonster said:

they are trying to hide it.. it's being released between The Avengers and Star Wars :rip: music might be in the cards, we haven't heard anything, it's a good thing she's eligible for Grammys at least two and maybe three years in a row though

Lol because the same people who will want to watch A Star Is Born will be interested in the Avengers and Star Wars or vice versa? The early talk around those releases haven't been good - The Stars Wars one in particular which needed to fire its director midway through filming. 

MaryJaneHolland
15 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

this means we're probably getting a music video with the soundtrack single, right :gum:

Do artists shoot videos for soundtracks singles?

Isn't it usually just the song in the movie, like this

5 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

It's not so much trying to hide it I think, but, like Variety says, to create counter-programming. Happens often at the box office and it's not a dumb idea. We'll see if it's successful, but it makes sense to me.

Archived