Oscar

Featured Posts

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
8 minutes ago, Oscar said:

I don't think she's run out of idea I just think people don't care anymore

People do care. It depends heavily on her promo roll out and her management's strategy. She sold out tickets and continue to inspire younger acts. Noah Cyrus for example just covered Gaga's most recent single from the most recent album last night. People do care. Just because she isn't reaching TF/M peaks doesn't mean she no longer has a career.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

2 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

And she won the respect of the GP, garnered acclaim for her vocals and, health issues aside, has been showing she can sell out stadiums. Touring is where the real money is these days. Before, artists tour to support their album. Now, artists create albums to be able to tour. She may be struggling with streaming but this girl can command audiences that can pay for up to 10x the sale of a single album purchase. Gaga is in a career upswing. Sit down.

This puts her in a good position for a comeback in 10 years

TheRoof
9 minutes ago, Oscar said:

She's fine already but is that enough for her to re peak?

i think it depends on the sound at the end , if is new , fresh and can start a trend ,she'll be fine

Who cares if the GP isn't surprised by her anymore ?

Does the GP have any taste ? Despashito is considered the biggest masterpiece in the history of music for them.

Yes, it was fun times to say ''I'm a Lady Gaga fan'' and see people being shocked, to see her being #1, etc... But is it really worth it to make her go for TEN years only for her to reach this again ?

ARTPOP was so shocking for the GP that they didn't even bother caring about it.

With Joanne, she destroyed every hope of her re-becoming this mysterious figure that shocked and amazed the GP, and it was purely intentional. People now know that behind the bubble dress and the cigarette glasses, there is a relatable human that also loves jazz and country, not an alien with a donkey **** (:poot:)

What I mean is that the only way to shock the GP is to make them confused. If they understand what you're doing, they won't care. That's what makes us different : we do understand why she wore a meat dress, why she was puked on, etc.

If you don't care because you understand... I guess you don't like what she does that much, but rather the whole aura that used to surround her. But I think this time is over. She does whatever she wants, and is trying to make it appear less bizarre to the people, which results in less controversy, but more genuine fans.

So no, she doesn't need a big break like this, or at least not just in order to shock again.

Just now, DeanWinchester said:

People do care. It depends heavily on her promo roll out and her management's strategy. She sold out tickets and continue to inspire younger acts. Noah Cyrus for example just covered Gaga's most recent single from the most recent album last night. People do care. Just because she isn't reaching TF/M peaks doesn't mean she no longer has a career.

That's a good point. The younger gen still praises her

10 years is a very very long time and I don't agree that anyone has had a lifetime enough of anything that's been good before! She absolutely needs a break, as for how long that remains to be seen but 10 years doesn't make sense. 

Im 38 and haven't had enough! Lol  It's about her, yes, but 10 years?   Geez 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

1 minute ago, Trxstan said:

10 years? G? I? R? L?

That's long enough for a hunty to take formmmm :pray:

So when the og gaga comes to seat him/her it will be legendary

1 minute ago, That J said:

10 years is a very very long time and I don't agree that anyone has had a lifetime enough of anything that's been good before! She absolutely needs a break as how long that is remains to be seen but 10 years doesn't make sense. 

True

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, Oscar said:

This puts her in a good position for a comeback in 10 years

Unfortunately, no. Her career at this point is in its very critical stage. She needs to prove now more than ever that she can sustain her career and prove longevity. Why? She is crossing her first decade of career.

Years ago, Rihanna is considered nothing more than a singles artist. Once she crossed her 11th year and put out an album much better than her previous efforts, the industry and the media retroactively started considering her to be very influential, a trailblazer and a force of her generation. What used to be insulting as "quick little singles" later became "230m records sold" second only to Madonna. And Rihanna isn't losing steam just yet--she successfully crossed over to streaming.

Gaga has massive touring power still but she needs to prove it just a little bit more to cross over that decade benchmark. As I see it, once Gaga crosses it, things just might be easier for her. 

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

JustaMonster

Have you thought about the fact that Gaga doesnt want a 10 year break? She loves making music and performing on stage more than anything else. You can tell how sad she was having to postpone the European leg of the tour.

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

Archived