Lady Gagain Vegas
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
society

Teacher Accused Of Assaulting Student For Sitting During Pledge

Featured Posts

Cuchulainn

A school in eastern Michigan has placed a teacher on leave and launched an investigation after she allegedly “snatched” an 11-year-old student who sat during the Pledge of Allegiance. 

Stone Chaney, a sixth grade student at East Middle School in Farmington Hills, Michigan, told WDIV Local 4 that he didn’t stand up during the Pledge of Allegiance because “I don’t pledge to a flag. I pledge to God and family.”

The alleged confrontation took place on Sept. 7 during Stone’s first week at school. He said his homeroom teacher forced him to get up after he refused to stand for the pledge.

“The teacher consultant comes up behind me and snatches me out of my chair violently,” Stone, who is black, told WDIV. “I was so confused. I didn’t know what was going on.”

Stone has not stood up to salute the American flag ― instead choosing to honor God and his family ― while at school without incident for several years, according to the Washington Post.

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59bd9a27e4b0edff971c99e2

Edited by Creativek
  • YAAAS 1

itsbriceidk
8 minutes ago, Creativek said:

A school in eastern Michigan has placed a teacher on leave and launched an investigation after she allegedly “snatched” an 11-year-old student who sat during the Pledge of Allegiance. 

ya lost me after snatched :ladyhaha:

but seriously what tf are American Schools :toofunny: 

xoxo, brice ♡
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 2

Cuchulainn
4 minutes ago, itsbriceidk said:

I thought this was going to be from a school in the south :spin: 

• LMAO 1

THAT JUJU

When you are assaulted for refraining to swear your allegiance to a hanging piece of fabric, that's when you know you're living in a totalitarian society. Absolutely ridiculous.

❤ x ❤
  • Like 1

hunty

ok whatever im kinda tired of these random ass american "news" about "assaults" and "disrespects" why is this a headline

Cuchulainn
6 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

ok whatever im kinda tired of these random ass american "news" about "assaults" and "disrespects" why is this a headline

I agree to an extent. It's important to know what's happening around the country though. 

• Like 1

Hybrid Rose
27 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Why do some countries even do this still?

trumps orders :giggle: 

Stefani Gaga

Wasn't this like last week? :gum:

I’m A mEsS! sTaY aWaY fRoM mE, mY eIgHt PeTs AnD mY bLuE bIsCuItS, yOu FrEaK!

Serial Chiller

Lol I know in America you have democracy and all, but here in Vietnam, standing while singing the national anthem at school is a must for all students. You get disciplined if you don't do it. :toofunny:

Cindy Taylor

It's really strange. It's great that we did not have such situations at school. Everything is standard, the main thing is to study well, do homework, write essays on various persuasive speech topics and, of course, minimal disciplinary.
But, for example, in Canada there is a school without discipline, it is called ALPHA Alternative School (www.alphaschool.ca).
There are no ratings, no strict timetable, no homework, not what you say about to swear your allegiance to a hanging piece of fabric! :saladga:

Eggsy
On 9/19/2017 at 3:10 PM, itsbriceidk said:

This is just so crazy.. My School experiences were amazing and i was an asshat the entire time.. Teachers didnt act like this. Remember there are thousands of public and private schools in the USA. There will be a ton of nut jobs.. But that doesnt mean the school system is bad.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1