Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boyboi12
3 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

C_W3pZTU0AA8Z4q.jpg

Her talent is modest :gaysia: sorry if you're a fan! It's just my opinion... 

9 minutes ago, MannyMonroe18 said:

It's literally just because Gaga was dubbed "the next Madonna" at one point. I've heard people say that BRITNEY (who at one point was also dubbed "the next Madonna") sounds like Madonna, which she obviously doesn't, or else nobody would be able to differentiate a Gaga, Madonna, and Britney song since it's apparently the same voice. 

Edit: This is about the people who say that "Poker Face" and "Just Dance" sound like Madonna songs for example.

No way in hell :air: 

I think you're right. The comparison had some effect.

The night sky tells all

Lextyr97

I literally cannot stand when people say that. I haven't heard all of Madonna's songs but after hearing 7 of her albums from start to finish, I can say with full confidence that Gaga does not in anyway sound like Madonna. 

I think Dance In The Dark could have been a Madonna song. But I don’t think Madonna personally had music that sounded quite so dark, in that German underground scene kind of way. 

Edit: except maybe with Girl Gone Wild and I’m Addicted 

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Boyboi12 said:

Her talent is modest :gaysia: sorry if you're a fan! It's just my opinion... 

Like i said. She can't sing as well as Gaga but to say she can't sing at all is a blatant lie. Her "I'm Breathless" which is her "jazz" album was acclaimed for her versatility in genre. She won a Golden Globe for "Evita" where she has shown major improvement with her vocal techniques. So I never said she is spectacular vocally. Saying she's modest is basically what I was saying. She's not like Britney who always relies on backing vocals nor Katy who is very inconsistent especially when moving/trying to dance.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

I think Dance In The Dark could have been a Madonna song. But I don’t think Madonna personally had music that sounded quite so dark, in that German underground scene kind of way. 

Edit: except maybe with Girl Gone Wild and I’m Addicted 

Dance in the Dark is structurally Vogue 2.0 but Gaga does it better. Vogue is good but overrated.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Poissonche

I can't hear any similarity myself, but my mom used to think Poker Face was a Madonna song she had never heard, back in 2008/09. There must be some kind of similarity in their voices that you can only hear when you don't know much about the both of them, just like a shitload of people used to think Just Dance was by Rihanna...

Just now, DeanWinchester said:

Dance in the Dark is structurally Vogue 2.0 but Gaga does it better. Vogue is good but overrated.

Well I think part of Vogues fame has to do with the visuals associated with it. The song itself is good, but not quite as groundbreaking and touching as DITD. 

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

Well I think part of Vogues fame has to do with the visuals associated with it. The song itself is good, but not quite as groundbreaking and touching as DITD. 

I quite agree but you need to qualify "ground breaking" because DITD's speak-sung part is pretty much like Vogue's but waaaay better

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

PsychicGuru

I don't hear it. Maybe early recordings? Now though, she's got heavy duty pipes. No way could Madonna ever sing (or has ever sung) like Steffanie. Joanne Gaga can light up a country with her voice. 

Madonna's voice just sounds... 

reductive. 

:gaycat:

Gaga's #1 fan

Smother Em Eh
2 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

I can't hear any similarity myself, but my mom used to think Poker Face was a Madonna song she had never heard, back in 2008/09. There must be some kind of similarity in their voices that you can only hear when you don't know much about the both of them, just like a shitload of people used to think Just Dance was by Rihanna...

People thought Just Dance was a Rihanna song? Who the hell thought that? :excuseu:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

Gaga's autotuned voice in The Fame is sorta reminiscent of Madonna's vocals in her early albums especially since they talk about money, fame, material wealth, etc.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Yo GagaGaga
1 minute ago, JosephH said:

People thought Just Dance was a Rihanna song? Who the hell thought that? :excuseu:

Literally only me

x0VNsVN.gif

don't look at me I'm disgusting

x0VNsVN.gif

Archived