💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy posts tour stage + coreography trailers, plus new tickets available

Infinity Wave

Featured Posts

drinkmytears
27 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Katy has venues where half the tickets aren't sold...not where she is selling 14,000 out of a huge venue. No one is saying that not selling out is bad, just that she is struggling to sell even ten thousand seats in big cities. 

Tons of popular artists don't completely sell out, but for an artist to have significant problems in a large number of locations is a different issue. Of course Gaga isn't a flop, anyone can see that! Her ARTPOP album looks like 21 compared to Witness. (a slight exaggeration ;) )

Okay, and before that Born This Way Ball show, thousands of tickets were also unsold. Christmas promotions and radio promotions help sell it out in the final months. 

I was responding to someone who denied my claims that Gaga has ever had to curtain off tickets or that she hasn't soldout shows, which are completely factual and I can back up! 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drinkmytears
18 minutes ago, F AM E said:

Okay but in no way is this like Katy's current situation

Did I say it was the same? No, I just said that Gaga also has shows that had to be curtained off or did not sell out. You asked for receipts, I delivered! 

drinkmytears
4 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Because Gaga fans have never been humiliated as much as they were during the Applause vs Roar era. There is really a long history behind the famous war between House Littlemonsters and House Katycats. Little monsters are like North. They remember :chica: 

I don't need you to give me a history on Gaga and Katy. I have been a huge fan of Gaga since 2008 and a member of this forum since 2011. I don't need a history lesson from you. However, just because in 2013, four years ago, Gaga and her fans were "humiliated" doesn't mean we have to stoop to that level and be so immature. That isn't what Gaga would want. 

Mods- sorry for triple post. I tried to edit these together. Not sure what happened on mobile. Edit together if you can! 

bumblebee
Just now, drinkmytears said:

I don't need you to give me a history on Gaga and Katy. I have been a huge fan of Gaga since 2008 and a member of this forum since 2011. I don't need a history lesson from you. However, just because in 2013, four years ago, Gaga and her fans were "humiliated" doesn't mean we have to stoop to that level and be so immature. That isn't what Gaga would want. 

I am sorry if I have in any way offended you with my response. I'm in no way trying to shame Katy or give you a history lesson, and in no way do I encourage immature behaviour or going o the level of "humiliators." I was just trying to point to the fact that Katy hatred / bashing here is irrational and is rooted in the history of this fanbase, and can hardly be got rid of by any rational means. Unless, of course, pop forums and fandoms do actually become a place for mature discussion, which seems too hopeful at the moment :kara:

drinkmytears
3 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

I am sorry if I have in any way offended you with my response. I'm in no way trying to shame Katy or give you a history lesson, and in no way do I encourage immature behaviour or going o the level of "humiliators." I was just trying to point to the fact that Katy hatred / bashing here is irrational and is rooted in the history of this fanbase, and can hardly be got rid of by any rational means. Unless, of course, pop forums and fandoms do actually become a place for mature discussion, which seems too hopeful at the moment :kara:

Some pop music forums are a great place for discussion, unfortunately GagaDaily isn't one of them always. However its the best place for all the Gaga news and rumors.

Whispering
12 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

Okay, and before that Born This Way Ball show, thousands of tickets were also unsold. Christmas promotions and radio promotions help sell it out in the final months. 

I was responding to someone who denied my claims that Gaga has ever had to curtain off tickets or that she hasn't soldout shows, which are completely factual and I can back up! 

Her gross for NA shows were still 1.2 to 1.5. Not to mention that the tour, that was cut short, grossed 184 million. If that's the case for Katy, then we can compare to the BTWB. 

bumblebee
Just now, drinkmytears said:

Some pop music forums are a great place for discussion, unfortunately GagaDaily isn't one of them always. However its the best place for all the Gaga news and rumors.

I think it's also great that there are many long-time fans here and being here for a long time is like growing up in some community. 

I seldom visit other pop music forums, so I don't know about them that much 

Whispering
34 minutes ago, Hades said:

Here we go again with those Gaga comparisons. If you don't like Katy you can either stay on topic or move on to another thread people. Don't ruin what others might appreciate. :) 

Or people could stop bringing up Gaga in these threads, especially for comparisons that aren't valid, 

drinkmytears
18 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Or people could stop bringing up Gaga in these threads, especially for comparisons that aren't valid, 

20 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Her gross for NA shows were still 1.2 to 1.5. Not to mention that the tour, that was cut short, grossed 184 million. If that's the case for Katy, then we can compare to the BTWB. 

How are Gaga comparisons invalid on a LADY GAGA forum? I am telling her fans that they shouldn't be so hateful towards Katy, because there was once a time when Katy was on top and Gaga was struggling. Maybe not struggling to this level, but still not selling out shows 100%.

Gaga's tour was announced the morning after the Super Bowl. Of course it was going to sell like hot cakes. Madonna and Beyoncé saw the same results. Katy's tour was announced after an album with no hits. Reminder that she was asked to do the Super Bowl years ago, after only her third album because she was THAT popular at the time. 

We can surely compare the artRave to the PRISMATIC tour. Gaga in Atlanta, 10,480 people, $941,142 gross. Katy in Atlanta 12,843 people, $1,525,349 gross. 

Gaga in Vancouver? One show. 13,449 people, $962,524 gross. Katy was able to sell out 2 shows, 27,462 / 27,462 and made $2,680,950.

Australia is a whole other story. Gaga had to curtain off entire sections of venues (Google it, don't ask for more receipts....) while Katy played almost 30 sold out shows, making tens of millions of dollars.

Everyone has different career peaks. Gaga is having one right now, but from 2012-204 she wasn't doing so hot. Facts are facts. Katy isn't doing super great right now, but she will probably bounce back. My point is there's no mature reason to hate on Katy because she isn't selling what Gaga is or has some empty seats. Everyone's "fave" from Gaga to Beyonce to Britney have all been in similar positions before.

Dominic

The last 2 pages have just been Katy vs. Gaga. Let's not derail the thread or fan the flames please. It's exhausting :sweat:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

TimisaMonster

This tour is so messy....9 days and she hasn't sold out... :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

TimisaMonster
5 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

So many ArtRAVE moments on that video the outfits, the balls.... 

I guess wacky dancer costumes and giant inflatable balls are the thing now... :stalkga:

Again....this is so Katys ARTPOP era... :ladyhaha:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

doppelganger

I'm personally not into these kinds of set design but ... at least she's making an effort on the tour which is more than what most artists do.

Whispering
4 hours ago, drinkmytears said:

How are Gaga comparisons invalid on a LADY GAGA forum?

Everyone has different career peaks. Gaga is having one right now, but from 2012-204 she wasn't doing so hot. Facts are facts. Katy isn't doing super great right now, but she will probably bounce back. My point is there's no mature reason to hate on Katy because she isn't selling what Gaga is or has some empty seats. Everyone's "fave" from Gaga to Beyonce to Britney have all been in similar positions before.

Gaga is having another peak...possibly her third one if you are looking at tours. Even in Gaga's 2012-14 era, she managed hit songs and an album that hung around in the top 100 for a while. Gaga's worst period is still no comparison for Katy's. 

Pointing out that Katy is doing badly and her album is a flop is not hating on her. Facts are facts, It is what it is. She doesn't have just a few empty seats...her tour is not selling well and she is cancelling dates. Will she bounce back? Maybe, maybe not. 

*Just saw the mod comment above. That's why bringing up Gaga in a thread like this isn't a good idea.    We should end this now. 

Archived