Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The genre that fits John Wayne the most.

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

According to its Wikipedia page John Wayne is pop rock song that features elements from various genre including country, disco, funk, and house and it was previously labeled as dance-rock and bubblegum pop so it's clear that it's a mixture of genres. :lana:

So I do think new wave describes John Wayne very well: it's a heavy electronic song (as new wave was one of the last stages of the transition rock-pop and it was characterized by experimentation with electronic elements), it's an upbeat song and it has a prominent guitar played by Josh Homme.

Spoiler

New Wave is characterized by agitated and busy guitar melodies alongside jerky rhythm guitars, an heavy reliance on synthesizers, "stop-and-go" composition structures, and a typical use of intricated percussive sections, sometimes with the help of drum machines.

Previous Gaga songs cited as new wave influenced are Dance In The Dark, Bad Romance and Born this Way's tracks.

Aso style-wise John Wayne is pretty similar with this song. 

chromaticka

I just wanna know wtf Dancin In Circles' genre is cause sis :laughga:

I Met Lady Gaga On February 7th, 2016; Attended Superbowl 51 and Coachella 2017.

FfFfFfFF
9 minutes ago, notsoratedr said:

Wasn't already established here that it's tropical-inspired pop? :lana:

It was described by Nicholas Mojica from International Business Times as an "ode to masturbation", with influences of reggae and ska, hearkening back to Gaga's own "Alejandro", as well as the music of Gwen Stefani.

venusfly
15 minutes ago, notsoratedr said:

Latin pop maybe :confused: I don't think it fits comfortably into any genre.

OT; I think John Wayne fits into rock pop most

2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Wasn't already established here that it's tropical-inspired pop? :lana:

The fan base called it tropical because stans kind of have this thing of calling every chilled out electronic track tropical :green: it definitely isn't

FfFfFfFF
6 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

Latin pop maybe :confused: I don't think it fits comfortably into any genre.

OT; I think John Wayne fits into rock pop most

The fan base called it tropical because stans kind of have this thing of calling every chilled out electronic track tropical :green: it definitely isn't

It doesn't have to be electronic to be tropical. Those drums are clearly tropical-sounding. 

venusfly
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

It doesn't have to be electronic to be tropical. 

When talking about tropical music in relation to today's pop it's referring to Tropical House which is an electronic genre. It dominated the charts most of last year

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Venusfly said:

When talking about tropical music in relation to today's pop it's referring to Tropical House which is an electronic genre. It dominated the charts most of last year

I understand this but I don't think people assume it's straight tropical pop, it's just somehow tropical-influenced when it comes to some elements of the track. 

Irrelevant
28 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

John Wayne

28 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

bubblegum pop

:sure:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Irrelevant said:

:sure:

That's how Wikipedia said when they cited a critic and there were already two threads about this. :madge:

TSUNAMI
31 minutes ago, notsoratedr said:

Tropical Dance Bussy Pop 

I wouldn't say New Wave is a strong genre to associate with John Wayne. Pop rock definitely, but not new wave. You can hear it in TFM, but not really on Joanne.

DiC is interesting. Listening to the track it sounds trop-house inspired, but listening to the instrumental alone it sounds almost Middle-Eastern inspired.

Archived