new music

Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?

monsterdino

Featured Posts

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Check out this reaction video for it - the amount of funny moments are too numerous to mention!

2:57 - "This bitch came to snatch souls, on a goddamn Sunday morning! :toofunny:

47 minutes ago, Riley Benton said:

She just sounds like a poser, she sounds like she's trying too hard to be something she's not. It's awful. So awful.

im just trying to picture her spit out those lyrics live trying to look tough and in reality she looks like a clown. 

I feel like with Taylor, her success has given her a lot of false hope to try things she can't do. Well you tried it with this song and you can't do it, sweet cheeks 

the chorus is good

Though I like it, it has its flaws, no doubt. It definitely will be a challenge for her to sing live. It's a new move for her and it's going to take some getting used to. I can totally see why others don't like it. But you're right when you say that her success has given her a lot of false hope. When she went pop with 1989, she got so much praise for doing a different genre so well, according to critics and the public. So, she maybe thought she was like Gaga, who has also experimented with other genres and as been cited as an artist that could do any genre well. But she's no Gaga. Even when she did pop, she was heavily overseen by pop professionals who helped her out in creating a sound she maybe couldn't make on her own. This darker, urban theme may be a bit hit or miss and the public may not be as receptive to it. I think the fact that LWYMMD is approaching the 600k dislike mark despite only being out for less than a week (it's only about 200k away from becoming her most disliked video and Shake It Off took nearly 3 years to get 770k dislikes) is very telling. This is going to be a bumpy era for her. Doesn't mean she won't have success, but reception will be polarising.

TheCureinMalibu
1 minute ago, katykatt said:

worldwide :bon:

Wow #7 in the UK only and you saying it's worldwide 

Okay. Not like her stream or sales (or anything) is better than Taylor anyway.:queenga:

Just now, JGD said:

How's the tour selling? :bon: 

idk you tell me you all are dying for her following everything Katy related like a biggest fan :bon:

Just now, katykatt said:

idk you tell me you all are dying for her following everything Katy related like a biggest fan :bon:

I like Katy though, I just like to make fun of her fans and watch them suffer:bon: 

Just now, TheCureinMalibu said:

Wow #7 in the UK only and you saying it's worldwide 

Okay. Not like her stream or sales (or anything) is better than Taylor anyway.:queenga:

sure thing not better than Taylor but she's not doing bad as you want to make look. Not just UK, i was referring to ww itunes chart, top 20 there :bon:

Just now, JGD said:

I like Katy though, I just like to make fun of her fans and watch them suffer:bon: 

lmao same goes to you hunny :bon:

TheCureinMalibu
Just now, katykatt said:

sure thing not better than Taylor but she's not doing bad as you want to make look. Not just UK, i was referring to ww itunes chart, top 20 there :bon:

It's doing pretty bad tho for Katy. Another viral video but not works it anywhere except for the UK? Even Bon Appétit got better positions when the video came out.

Spoiler

and by the way this is a Taylor's thread so i'mma stop here unless we got off topic again. 

3 minutes ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

It's doing pretty bad tho for Katy. Another viral video but not works it anywhere except for the UK? Even Bon Appétit got better positions when the video came out.

Hide contents

and by the way this is a Taylor's thread so i'mma stop here unless we got off topic again. 

nnnn im so sick of you please don't jump into my comments and not you always saying imma stop here after your last words you are funny in a bad way :sweat:

17 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

But you're right when you say that her success has given her a lot of false hope. When she went pop with 1989, she got so much praise for doing a different genre so well, according to critics and the public. So, she maybe thought she was like Gaga, who has also experimented with other genres and as been cited as an artist that could do any genre well. But she's no Gaga. 

The music itself can sound good because you can make anything in a music studio sound good, it's the live performances that are especially painful. Taylor has always had this gawky awkwardness to her when it came to performing anything than country. Kind of like that dorky girl in drama class who plays the part of a really cool popular girl in the school play. And the further she gets from country the more awkward it becomes. I'm not saying she needs to stick with one genre, but find what you're good at and it might be a little more authentic. She's not urban or hip hop and never will be.

TheCureinMalibu
Just now, katykatt said:

nnnn im so sick of you please don't jump into my comments and not you always saying imma stop here after your last words you are funny in a bad way :sweat:

k.

I never said i'm sick of you posting about Katy everywhere and SWSW positions but you can go on.

3 minutes ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

k.

I never said i'm sick of you posting about Katy everywhere and SWSW positions but you can go on.

how can we block users in this site ? asking for a friend :bon:

TheCureinMalibu
Just now, katykatt said:

how can we block users in this site ? asking for a friend :bon:

thank god for the reminder let me just block you instead. 

Archived