• Created
  • Last Reply
Smother Em Eh
1 hour ago, Bloody Grammys said:

She just needs another Million Reasons

No, she needs another Bad Romance! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Thrasher

She just needs a couple of big hits and a couple of videos which don't make you fall asleep on the keyboard, it's not a big deal. But she needs to do it as soon as possible, she could have already done it with The Cure but we know how it ended.

“Come over, when you’re sober”

boyerased

It just takes one or two viral, beautiful and compelling music video from a hit single to revive it.

SlaeUrAnus

Na, I think we're way past it.

She never capitalised on YouTube's immense growth in 2012 and her subscribers/viewing numbers took a serious blow because of that whilst Katy and Rihanna all thrived from it. Not to mention Gaga's overexposure from the BTW era in late 2011 put people off her. 

Ever since then she has not been frequently releasing MV's. Yes she released Applause and G.U.Y (which come to think about it garnered good first day views for that time), but then we waited an excrutiating and agonising 2 years (:selena:) for another music video. 

Although, if she can somehow revive interest in the GP then I might change my opinion. She just needs that comeback music video that is on par with her best and that just might swing things back into her favour. 

In my messy era.

Monster7

She will revive her power once she releases a good-unexpected-full of visuals music video for a tropical house-influenced either dark or light pop song:firega:

She will not revive something she has never had. There are only two videos that compared to what they sold have respectable views: Poker Face and Bad Romance, the rest of her videos struggle to pass the 100 million views ( BTW took half and a year for doing that and look how much of a hit it was, Applause for being a top 5 hit of pre-streaming era has few views).

God Control

You can't expect her to get views when she isn't presenting something worth watching or even music that is as appealing as what she made before. Let's be honest, her last great music video was G.U.Y. short film, yet it was released way past its time and the songs were mainly short samples except for the title track which wasn't her best, either. Applause was fine, but it lacked the story value her other music videos had.

Marry The Night was a music video of her fifth single from BTW and it was great, but the part where she sings takes way too long at the dance studio instead of varying in landscapes and because it was too long, only the fans truly cared about it. You & I was beautiful but the accompanying song wasn't a fan favorite so fans didn't care as much as they could've had Scheisse been released or perhaps a better music video for The Edge of Glory, which was a disaster.

So there you have it. The videos that got high views were those that were really well-made and had great songs as well. Anything that followed ARTPOP was far from that quality both visually and sonically. So once she decides to focus on improving those two aspects, that's when you'll see her YouTube power return.

WildAmerican

Gaga needs to want to be commercially successful again. TC had potential sonically, but she didn't promote it/didn't care enough to do a video. The second her and her team start caring as much as TS's team does, she'll repeak.

LittleMonster20

I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything(I love the Joanne music video's too),but I think Gaga should really return to making video's like Bad Romance,Telephone,Alejandro,Judas,Applause,G.U.Y etc.because these music video's are also a reason why she is so famous❤️

And she should maybe do some work again with Steven Klein(Alejandro video,Fame(perfume)commercial,Venus artwork),Inez and Vinoodh(V Magazine 2011,Yoü And I photoshoot,ARTPOP photoshoot,Applause video,Billboard photoshoot),Jonas Åkerlund(Paparazzi video,Telephone video,John Wayne video),Ruth Hogben(Monster Ball interludes,Elle 2014 photoshoot,artRave:The ARTPOP Ball interludes,Coachella interludes,The Cure photoshoot/Lyric video with the blue slik and outfit and brown hair),Francis Laurence(Bad Romance video),and maybe direct some video's all by herself(G.U.Y. video),because I'm sure these directors can help create her peak.

18 hours ago, JeremiJello said:

Youtube hates Gaga...for unknown reasons...

I heard a rumor that PF and JW video views are being deleted.

Sometimes I log out to see if a comment I posted is still visible and they are not there. sometimes people reply to my comments so I think people can see them and make comments again but really probably most of my comments are not visible to anyone and they just show some recent ones to keep be from realizing and so I continue posting comments. sometimes you can see it when there is a discussion and it doesn't make sense coz there is comments missing. someone is replying to someone that you can't see. it is pretty messed up like it doesn't seem to be representative of the global web  population at all imo or the diversity of views people have.

PlanetChromatica
11 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

Gaga needs to want to be commercially successful again. TC had potential sonically, but she didn't promote it/didn't care enough to do a video. The second her and her team start caring as much as TS's team does, she'll repeak.

I like how people just presume she didn't care to make a music video, excuse me but she was in the middle of filming a movie and then moved straight onto tour rehearsals. Rude.

God Control
14 minutes ago, ArtyRoberto said:

I like how people just presume she didn't care to make a music video, excuse me but she was in the middle of filming a movie and then moved straight onto tour rehearsals. Rude.

Making a music video is also work. You can't half-ass one job in favor of perfecting another. 

Archived