Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Joanne was a low key success

Mr S

Featured Posts

When I heard "Malibu" and saw the video I thought THAT is what Gaga should have done. That kind of vibe and sound. That would have been a hit for her. It flopped.

When I heard Melodrama and "Green Light", I thought man I wish Gaga had done that. Reviews are great, and the album is better than Joanne, but it flopped. Ditto for Lust for Love.

When I heard "Praying" I thought that would have been a good video/visual for Gaga and a lot of the Rainbow songs would have been good for Gaga. "Praying" hasn't lit up the charts, and while Rainbow is doing well for Kesha, it probably doesn't even go gold.

And now Pink is underperforming, and of course Katy is done, I guess Gaga didn't do so bad afterall.

Imagine if Taylor underperforms too lol

Now she just needs to win that Grammy

From this years eligibility period, only 5 albums have outsold her if you exclude soundtracks and compilations (Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, and the Weeknd). Joanne is close to J Cole and the Weeknd too. All men by the way.

Hopefully they announce a platinum certification soon.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma

I think it was a great success. Especially her public image!

I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Just now, Venusfly said:

low key? it was in the top few selling albums of 2016 :emma: 

Low key because everyone on other boards say it flopped or underperformed. Seems like no one knows its actually one of the top selling albums.

venusfly
Just now, GrigioGirl1 said:

Low key because everyone on other boards say it flopped or underperformed. Seems like no one knows its actually one of the top selling albums.

Yeah thats why I turned off long ago to what stans thought about success, its just a giant web of double standards that you will never understand. Stans will simultaneously acknowledge that sales have decreased across the board and defend their favs with that fact and then drag others for having lower sales. It happens across every fanbase and its annoying :emma:

SEANGT

people are coming for you but you know what....I never thought of it this way. It's more successful than a lot of great albums from this year. It's actually doing really well when you compare it to her contemporaries and not her past. 

low key?

You obviously know nothing about charts.

The album was a success. That's a fact.

Also, Malibu is far from flopping. Same goes for Green Light, it only flopped in the US, the world exist outside the US, you know...

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, Axel said:

Also, Malibu is far from flopping. Same goes for Green Lights, it only flopped in the US, the world exist outside the US, you know...

I know it performed good in NZ (her natal country) and in UK. I don't think it was a major success across the Europe. 

Archived