Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

LG: "I'm Super ****ing Talented"!

SlayGagaloo

Featured Posts

Talent
7 minutes ago, Teal Ambition said:

Yeah! I remember during the stream last night she said something around the lines "I'm good at snapchat filters" :air: 

And then she closed with "I know, I'm super ****ing talented". I think. 

But anyways... People saying she was being arrogant. :neyde:

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teal Ambition
8 minutes ago, Talent said:

And then she closed with "I know, I'm super ****ing talented". I think. 

But anyways... People saying she was being arrogant. :neyde:

Yeah she did. Why am I not surprised? This forum loves to tear her apart :saladga:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Ok I read the whole thing It was meat sarcastically in the segment but too GP- fans like another user mentioned it could come across wrong.

1 hour ago, not asher613 said:

:oprah:

what I would like to admit (to you exclusively because I think I like you) is that my comment was completely unnecessary :toofunny:

but basically, I love her many "I'm talented" jokes and I don't think they're narcissistic or in bad taste but I can see how her introverted-yet-attention-seeking sense of humor makes her seem boring and posh/full of herself.

this joke isn't even a good example lol I thought everyone should be cool with this but then I saw some of the replies... and then I failed to translate what I had to say because I wasn't sure if it's a good idea... and it obviously wasn't :sweat:

5 hours ago, JDi said:

I keep receiving these but excuse me yes, it's the awkward irony of my success 

that's exactly how I like your face, darling. 

what I meant to say is that even though I enjoy her humor, I can definitely see how she might come off as arrogant/pretentious to non-fans and fans that don't quite understand her insanity and what led to her acquiring that sense of humor. they don't necessarily assume she's an actual narcissist (which she could be) but her jokes are usually not relatable at all so even with people readily laughing, she ultimately distances herself from the audience with every fleshless joke she makes. it infinitely contradicts her message in the eyes of those who don't understand that contradiction (extroverted introversion) is the essence of her artistry.

it's only unfortunate/ironic that the richness of one's character might end up making them look like a sexless humorless zombie. not her fault and not her problem. it's just talk. besides, I'm always cool with Gaga lol

I agree with what u stated

MonsterMum
1 hour ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

Ok I read the whole thing It was meat sarcastically in the segment but too GP- fans like another user mentioned it could come across wrong.

Well this was so over the top if you look at the footage that it did not come across wrong at all unless you have a peanut as brain.

not asher613
2 hours ago, JDi said:

what I would like to admit (to you exclusively because I think I like you) is that my comment was completely unnecessary :toofunny:

but basically, I love her many "I'm talented" jokes and I don't think they're narcissistic or in bad taste but I can see how her introverted-yet-attention-seeking sense of humor makes her seem boring and posh/full of herself.

this joke isn't even a good example lol I thought everyone should be cool with this but then I saw some of the replies... and then I failed to translate what I had to say because I wasn't sure if it's a good idea... and it obviously wasn't :sweat:

I think there's a few things at play

first of all she's not a narscicist. She displays true humility quite often as far as people go and she definitely emotes and relates to other people as being real and having feelings that matter to her. She can sometimes extend her empathy into theater but that is not to be confused with heartlessness but rather a darker view of theater in general and the role of a performer/ringmaster as detached guide, in particular (it's rooted in old Italian theater traditions. have a look at jon turturros film about Sicilian puppet theater for example.) She sees herself as given over entirely to theater as if it were a guild or sacred (?) order. But even so, she should have her own private space, her own world of familiar people and places

which brings us to point number two. She does not have a private life. I do not so quickly accept the notion, which she has spoken about, that she lives for this kind of exhibitionist retaliation against the pitfalls of celebrity. i think circumstances pitted her ambition against her sense of autonomous freedom of choice and she embraced her calling, if perhaps belligerently, much the same as bob Dylan has spoken about. at times, it seems she places partial blame for her decision to prioritize ambition- successfully reaching new, wider audiences at every turn- on those around her, suggesting that a guiding voice in her life dismissed the concerns she felt over losing touch with life in the real world- maybe her dad. in any case, paparazzi is, forever, her anthem in this unwinnable battle between success and fame. the better she is at her job, the more people relate to, and adore her, the tighter a circle of free movement she earns for herself. the tighter the noose gets. its not the same as characterizing her sense of humor. the humor she brings is a way to maintain control over the narrative of her life

which brings us to the third point. artists are all taught to bring to the stage/canvas whatever it is they have inside. I agree that much of what she does outside the actual music is an internal discussion centering around either what she is doing now or what she is going to be doing in the future. Again there is a grip she holds on the meaning of what her life is. beyond that, there is all the meaning her fans have found in her work. Again you can look to Dylan as one who seems to have been forced to adopt a posture in life relative to what people saw him as rather than what he is, or better, what he might have liked to be doing with his act- another showman. they were intent on calling him a prophet no matter what. The Beatles also wound up facing a storm of obsession-driven analysis that focused on a self-referential mythology over the actual mundane, artistic expression found in their songs. and with Sgt. pepper they literally tried anything to write common everyday songs with an album cover that presented them alongside others that might be considered as popular or well known as they were. IOW people make so much of her, she has no choice but to answer for, in her case- unlike the men who were exalted, condemnations from every side. her fashion, her ambition, her legitimacy as an artist, her politics, her sex appeal, her rejection of sex appeal as sole arbiter of projected aesthetic, you name it. 

Our lady is not insane. But she does use humor to reconcile powerful and unforgiving realities of her unique universe. people don't have a clue as to what they might be, let alone get her 'joke' in 10 seconds of a performance or outfit she's wearing. some do tho. She has big monsters too. 

I wish there was a man who could love her without getting sucked into that vortex of celestial magnitude. someone whose weight could counter balance her own and create with her a shared orbit around something larger. shes catholic, right? So she's got to have a soulmate. 

Xoxo Adriana
12 hours ago, Magneto said:

No lies detected??:gaycat:

12 hours ago, gag said:

No lies detected??:gaycat:

both write the exact same thing at the same time :selena: screaming aqvdhgwc

CannaeDrive
1 hour ago, MonsterMum said:

Well this was so over the top if you look at the footage that it did not come across wrong at all unless you have a peanut as brain.

Reading this thread, it's obvious many here qualify for that.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

thehanyo

Okay, Stef, you're clearly comfortable with the show now, time to start debuting those new songs you promised.

Selenenite

Gaga please, we know, that's why we're there

"The moon tonight, there's a circle around it. Sign of trouble not far behind"/// Gaga @ Fenway 9/2

Archived