💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Black Twitter" Wants Gaga to pay Takiya Thompson's legal fees

merlot

Featured Posts

I don't see this as dragging or mocking her :huh: 

Like - She asked how she could be a stronger ally, Myles genuinely believes that she could be a strong ally to POC by paying the legal fees of this black woman who he genuinely sees as a brave person facing the brunt of the law for doing what is morally right. She could use her enormous privilege to help someone without privilege.

Takiya Thompson is someone without the money to properly defend herself, Gaga has the money and to her it would be very little. Gaga asked how she can help, this is one way she could use her privilege to help.

You can disagree with his position, but it's a reach to call it a 'drag'... Like it's legitimate advice lol.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hades

I don't trust Twitter People esp them. Even if you try to help them they'll still call you out.:selena:

Guest ARTPOPSlays
1 hour ago, MJHolland said:

Uh we liberals can't pay the legal fees of someone who committed a clear crime. We fight with votes, not destruction of public property. 

Seems ridiculous and counter productive to be bashing your largest ally. Hopefully people of color are just upset right now, which is understandable, and stop coming for her bc all she wants to do is help...

The fact that she's white doesn't even have anything to do with this stuff, why are they saying she's racists?!

MonsterAura

More and more I find myself typing a comment and then *takes deep breath* saving it as draft (but really deleting it) because I remind myself that there's no reasoning with these people. 

45 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Ok this is why things will stay the same. I hate people that bite the hands that feed them.

What? How has Gaga fed them?

37 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I don't see this as dragging or mocking her :huh: 

Like - She asked how she could be a stronger ally, Myles genuinely believes that she could be a strong ally to POC by paying the legal fees of this black woman who he genuinely sees as a brave person facing the brunt of the law for doing what is morally right. She could use her enormous privilege to help someone without privilege.

Takiya Thompson is someone without the money to properly defend herself, Gaga has the money and to her it would be very little. Gaga asked how she can help, this is one way she could use her privilege to help.

You can disagree with his position, but it's a reach to call it a 'drag'... Like it's legitimate advice lol.

:golfclap:

She asked for their help and this is their advice, the second tweet is slightly annoying but that's their opinion I guess.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Ferrer Zorola
Just now, gag said:

What? How has Gaga fed them?

:golfclap:

She asked for their help and this is their advice, the second tweet is slightly annoying but that's their opinion I guess.

:smh:

dont you know about metaphors 

she 'fed' them by giving a lot of exposure to Trump's bias or have you been living under a rock

LIFE IS GOOD

KleinGa
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

This f*cking upsets me so much. Gaga has always been a champion for love and equality and compassion and if they can't see that, then I feel sorry for them.

They keep acting like Gaga's the enemy when she's clearly not, people are being oversensitive by saying "this rich, white woman doesn't know anything," clearly she knows a lot and does research and actually supports the cause.

Instead of attacking one of your supporters, attack the actual enemy. 

but Beyonce, rich and privileged gets praise for releasing a song on the issue yet she never comments on these issues :neyde: 

KleinGa
44 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Myles genuinely believes that she could be a strong ally to POC by paying the legal fees of this black woman who he genuinely sees as a brave person facing the brunt of the law for doing what is morally right. She could use her enormous privilege to help someone without privilege.

Myles what? 

Clearly you did not see his second tweet.

This is an insult to Gaga who's trying to be an ally. This is disgusting behavior by people who don't understand the issues and would rather sit and talk about who's white and privileged and who's not than actually doing something about the situation we're facing. THAT'S THE TYPE OF PERSON MYLES IS! It's a disrespect to those fighting for the movement, a disrespect to those who died as a result of the hatred we're trying to fight and a disrespect to an ally who's trying her best. 

Myles seems like an immature kid that's trying to garner retweets. Then again, that's the entire black twitter. I feel disgusted that these are the people claiming to represent the black community, they have no right to represent this community when they take the issues they face as jokes. It's literally exciting for them when there's drama.

I'm honestly disgusted.

Just now, Ferrer Zorola said:

:smh:

dont you know about metaphors 

she 'fed' them by giving a lot of exposure to Trump's bias or have you been living under a rock

Yes, I understood the metaphor. I was asking you how she 'fed' them in that sense.

Second, is that something they should really be thankful for? Don't get me wrong, she obviously could have easily avoided politics and not said anything but to say that they should be grateful for her tweeting a few things is ridiculous. All she honestly did was talk about compassion and make Twitter polls (which is A LOT more than certain celebrities but it's nothing groundbreaking either). Let's not act like they owe her something.

I'm guessing from the condescension that I came off rude? If so, I'm sorry but the idea that PoC should be grateful to white people for doing not that much is very tiring.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

TropicOfCANCER

To echo the sentiments of what's already been said here, I really don't understand people's need to come for allies. I honestly think this is why trump won. The left is eating itself from within. 

Ferrer Zorola
10 minutes ago, gag said:

Yes, I understood the metaphor. I was asking you how she 'fed' them in that sense.

Second, is that something they should really be thankful for? Don't get me wrong, she obviously could have easily avoided politics and not said anything but to say that they should be grateful for her tweeting a few things is ridiculous. All she honestly did was talk about compassion and make Twitter polls (which is A LOT more than certain celebrities but it's nothing groundbreaking either). Let's not act like they owe her something.

I'm guessing from the condescension that I came off rude? If so, I'm sorry but the idea that PoC should be grateful to white people for doing not that much is very tiring.

K sorry I think I need to learn a thing or two about empathy 

Edit: I honestly think that if Gaga did what they're asking for it wouldn't matter since Black Twitter's destiny is to remain petty, though 

LIFE IS GOOD

GhettoFabulous

All this  for RTs ? :madge:. SHE WANTS TO HELP , meet her half way too :madge: this is why our issues are never taken seriously it’s these ridiculous demands and unnecessary dragging for RTs :madge:

retroglamx

Poor Gaga, maybe next time she'll know to keep her mouth shut. There's really no winning against the upset black community. This is plain ridiculous and I feel so bad for her being mocked like this. :duck:

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Archived