đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

question

Scrapped Album Concepts

Maleficent

Featured Posts

Maleficent

I love hearing about these scrapped album concepts, lets share some more!

@tomdsgn ha impact 

My favourite is Madonna's Hard Candy. Originally the album was going to have darker imagery of Madonna wearing black face on the album cover (she did a photoshoot with Steven Klein) and the title of the album was going to be Black Madonna (a reference to the bible). However, her record execs thought that an album titled Black Madonna with a photo of her wearing black face would have been too controversial--especially considering the album was more urban influenced and featured collaborations with Timbland and Kanye. 

Though the photoshoot has never leaked, SK did recreate it for French Vogue (which received a ton of backlash):

lara-stone-blackface-french-vogue-425a-1

What are some of your favourites??

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buttsicle

ARTPOP Act II :laughga:

Spoiler

but no seriously there are probably some hidden gems that have never been released that were going on Act II. sadly i doubt it'll ever happen :spin:

WOOHOO YAHAA

JudasIsAHolyFoo

Melanie Martinez had an acoustic album ready to drop but then was introduced to the style of the album Cry Baby when she was offered to do Dollhouse

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

Seeka

Lana's Black Beauty

Ariana's Moonlight

I'm sure Gaga probably had a few albums ready to release before the Fame but after Red and Blue.

Mr Peeps

Kesha - Spandex on the Distant Horizon. I know that  this was gonna be warrior but she had an entirely different idea for the album

Tom Nook

I think we all the know that answer regarding a 5' 1" Italian woman  :sis:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

FameHookah

The original LG5 Before gaga met kesha and decided to "get inspired" by her country vibes

WTF is MDNA

HolyFool

Florence had an album concept about a witch on trial but I think her producer/manager at the time steered her away from that. I'd love to see it come to fruition though. At least she gave us which witch.

Mariah wrote an Album after the Divorce with Nick around 2015 - 2016 but she never recorded it as it will remain unsung. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Sneaky Oliver

The "LG3"/2012 was all about the decay of blond popstars and fabulous classy looks. Maybe it would be like TFM but with more depth about loneliness and death. Don't come with "original ARTPOP" or "ARTPOP 01". 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

Archived