• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miley

• wiltedbliss

• PaperIz

• AURA

Top Posters In This Topic

Vernier

She doesn't have to try and get attention at her own concert ffs. Everyone is there to watch her. My point is that she is giving them what they paid for, not trying to keep them watching the entire time, because they will be watching the entire time no matter what.

But she's still going to have to do something to interest them/hold their attention regardless of whether they're there to see her or not, every performer has to do that. If she were to step out in jeans and a shirt and just sang, do you think that would go over well with the people there? No, because she's not someone like Adele who can rely solely on her voice being what she's known for. Whether or not they'll be watching is not the point, but whether they'll be entertained enough to recommend it to other people and or see a Miley show the next time she's touring

Edited by PurplePatch
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

I'm not saying that at all.

If you want to talk singing abilities, then we would have to incorporate subjects such as tone, vocal ability, natural talent.

In which case, of course Adele is better at singing than Katy.

You, however, told me to not compare Miley's gimmicks to Gaga's gimmicks (and I assume because you think Gaga's gimmicks are somehow more credible than Miley's).

When in theory and by definition, a gimmick is something that is just "attraction seeking".

So Gaga and Miley are exactly the same.

However, I will help you make your point. You are trying to say that Gaga has meaning behind gimmicks and Miley doesn't.

But then, of course, you are wrong there to. Miley herself has put meaning behind her actions whether she was saying "I do it because I'm shy" or "it's an orchestrated hot mess."

So, again, you're wrong.

So pretty much, I think you are just trying to say you agree with Gaga's gimmicks and not Miley's. Which makes sense because you're a biased Little Monster.

So, don't say Gaga is any better than Miley. Just say you favor Gaga over Miley. It's as simple as that.

And while we are talking, please give me some insight on the meaning behind these particular gimmicks:

xlady-gaga-topless-weed.png.pagespeed.ic

Lady-Gaga-Berlin.jpg

lady%20gaga%20swan%20650%20applause.jpg

We can have this convo forever, but ok. 

First let me just say, you did not helped me make my point, it was very clear and you obviously understand it. Second if you wan't to talk about this gimmick or that gimmick you should see that I intentionally put the word in "". I personally don't view the major Gaga stunts as gimmicks, for me these are part of her performance, her life is a performance and she said it herself. You can say the same about Miley and I won't agree, but I guess this is just a matter of opinion. Miley's whole platform is a disney girl gone wild, she's just selling s-x and that's ok, it's just not interesting for me. This has been done countless times it's not something new. Nudity always draws attention and Miley is not the first one to make a career of it. There are countless celebs who became famous cause of s-x tapes or "leaked" images. This is not the same as the meat dress, which was named the most iconic and outrageous red carpet moment ever and most iconic outfit of 2010, not by "biased monsters", but by countless media outlets. What am I trying to say is that Gaga is a lot more creative and interesting when it comes to "gimmicks"(if you want to call them that), she can draws attention to her not by selling her body but by doing something different and she does countless art and cultural references.

Now let's talk about meaning. Being shy(shy? really? :toofunny: ) and "an orchestrated hot mess" is an explanation NOT a meaning. Actually the "orchestrated hot mess" kind of backs up my point of Miley doing things just for the attention. 

So, yeah, Gaga is in fact better than her.

And last - What about these images? :toofunny: I thought we were talking about their biggest moments and stunts. What does Gaga's Halloween party and her walking out of a hotel has to do with it? I see what are you trying to do, but I'm not falling for it. These has nothing to do with what are we talking about.

At least half of what Gaga does are attention grabbing gimmicks. If you really believe there's an artistic statement behind EVERY thing she does you're delusional.

gagaisitalian

We can have this convo forever, but ok. 

First let me just say, you did not helped me make my point, it was very clear and you obviously understand it. Second if you wan't to talk about this gimmick or that gimmick you should see that I intentionally put the word in "". I personally don't view the major Gaga stunts as gimmicks, for me these are part of her performance, her life is a performance and she said it herself. You can say the same about Miley and I won't agree, but I guess this is just a matter of opinion. Miley's whole platform is a disney girl gone wild, she's just selling s-x and that's ok, it's just not interesting for me. This has been done countless times it's not something new. Nudity always draws attention and Miley is not the first one to make a career of it. There are countless celebs who became famous cause of s-x tapes or "leaked" images. This is not the same as the meat dress, which was named the most iconic and outrageous red carpet moment ever and most iconic outfit of 2010, not by "biased monsters", but by countless media outlets. What am I trying to say is that Gaga is a lot more creative and interesting when it comes to "gimmicks"(if you want to call them that), she can draws attention to her not by selling her body but by doing something different and she does countless art and cultural references.

Now let's talk about meaning. Being shy(shy? really? :toofunny: ) and "an orchestrated hot mess" is an explanation NOT a meaning. Actually the "orchestrated hot mess" kind of backs up my point of Miley doing things just for the attention. 

So, yeah, Gaga is in fact better than her.

And last - What about these images? :toofunny: I thought we were talking about their biggest moments and stunts. What does Gaga's Halloween party and her walking out of a hotel has to do with it? I see what are you trying to do, but I'm not falling for it. These has nothing to do with what are we talking about.

Wait...so small instances like Gaga's Halloween party aren't gimmicks? And Miley's tongue is? I think you are just so incredibly blind. 

Our argument ends at this quote by you "you can say the same about Miley and I won't agree".

Obviously you are so one-sided and can't see another side's argument.

And lastly, your icon is Harry Styles. Why am I even discussing musicians with you when you look up to a band who doesn't have a say in anything they say. :awkney:

Wait...so small instances like Gaga's Halloween party aren't gimmicks? And Miley's tongue is? I think you are just so incredibly blind. 

Our argument ends at this quote by you "you can say the same about Miley and I won't agree".

Obviously you are so one-sided and can't see another side's argument.

And lastly, your icon is Harry Styles. Why am I even discussing musicians with you when you look up to a band who doesn't have a say in anything they say. :awkney:

Um... no. I did say it's a matter of opinion twice. In this and in my previous post actually. I respect yours, but I guess I am allowed not to agree with it, right? Right? Or?

And what's with the icon thing? :smh: Like yours is Zac Efrron, who's most famous for a disney pre-teen movie about a high school and a musical and a few cheap rom coms, yet I don't think you liking him defines your personality. Let's not even go there. This literally had nothing to do with our discussion. I agree with what you said about One Direction. Am I not allowed to like Harry Styles and have an opinion on pop culture at the same time. :rip: I thought we were having a discussion about a very different thing than boy bands. :derpga:

Miley's tour looks fun and campy.. If you dont like her then dont listen to her music or whatever she does plain and simple...

Chuckles

What do you guys think of the setlist? I'm kind of disappointed that she only is performing 3-4 songs that aren't on Bangerz. Oh well..

I'm really dissapointed on the setlist too. The Climb, When I Look At You, See You Again or Who Owns My Hearts should've been included. I also don't know how I feel about the encore being her three biggest hits, makes me think that the show didn't flow well for non-stans until just by the end.

And were there any free gifts falling from the ceiling she talked about?

miley-cyrus-wild-bangerz-tour-start-bill

Classley

The photo on the left reminds me of when Madonna touched herself on stage to Like a Virgin :hor:

Looks like a fun, energetic and campy tour. She's a great entertainer and has good showmanship. Her style isn't so much choreography, but throwing a great big party for her fans. This is where her style of showmanship differs from Gaga. I would probably watch if it was cheaper because I'm not much into Miley.

• Mills locked this topic