Miley Cyrus best album?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Best album?

• Breakout
    • The Time Of Our Lives
    • Can't Be Tamed
    • Bangerz

Featured Posts

There's a word in portuguese that separates Miley from Katy, there's no translation but it's called "escrachado".

Miley is the definition of this word. Katy wants to be taken somewhat seriously, she's a sell-out and only does the cute and funny stuff to sell. Like I said before, Miley can be put along Kesha, while Katy wants to be on the level of the bigger superstars when she's just a bad joke.

Rihanna is also a product, but her work got some personality, unlike Katy's, which are the definition of generic.

Also, I was talking about tours, not the albums/music/their work as a whole. You won't see me complaining about Katy's tours.

But Miley is the one who has talked about "art" and talked about being looked at a symbol for s-xuality and wanting to use her tour to educate people, so who sounds like they want to be taken seriously. Meanwhile Katy has never said all these things and just seems to want to make disposable pop music? And why do you think Miley does her twerking, half trashy image? She already even admitted that's not the real her

Edited by Fiendfyre

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miley

• wiltedbliss

• PaperIz

• AURA

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEAAE INCLUDE SPOILERS WHEN POSTING THINGS ABOUT THE TOUR

Oh I'm so sorry. :toofunny:

I don't even come in here so idk what's going on.

But Miley is the one who has talked about "art" and talked about being looked at a symbol for s-xuality and wanting to use her tour to educate people, so who sounds like they want to be taken seriously. Meanwhile Katy has never said all these things and just seems to want to make disposable pop music? And why do you think Miley does her twerking, half trashy image? She already even admitted that's not the real her

I never said I agree with her on this. Again, I was talking about touring, and I also said I would never complain about a Katy Perry tour.

By the way, that gif about her copying Gaga is so wrong. Lindsay Lohan used the fake teeth on Mean Girls a decade ago, Britney Spears (and a lot of other performers) used a car on her tour a decade ago. With little research I can also find giant heads and giant animals/monsters. You can't really copy a copycat.

Edited by zack

drinkmytears

Oh I'm so sorry. :toofunny:

I don't even come in here so idk what's going on.

Its ok its just my show is tomorrow and I really want to keep everything a surprise haha! Love your Louis sig 

I never said I agree with her on this. Again, I was talking about touring, and I also said I would never complain about a Katy Perry tour.

By the way, that gif about her copying Gaga is so wrong. Lindsay Lohan used the fake teeth on Mean Girls a decade ago, Britney Spears (and a lot of other performers) used a car on her tour a decade ago. With little research I can also find giant heads and giant animals/monsters. You can't really copy a copycat.

Oh, so just touring? But in everything else, it's all the same? Right.

Oh, so just touring? But in everything else, it's all the same? Right.

Dude, what?

My thoughts on Miley and Katy as a musician are not the same as my view on their tours because it's two different subjects.

You said you read me criticizing Katy, I did and I'll do it again, but I was criticizing her as a musician/artist/call it whatever you want.

In this thread, I was defending Miley's tour because I don't think just because it was meant to be fun and full of joking stuff it means it's bad, I never criticized a Katy Perry tour and I do believe California Dreams was nice.

The fact that I defended Miley's tour for being a big joke and the fact that I criticize Katy's career for being a big joke has nothing to do with each other. You don't know my opinions on Miley's career.

Dude, what?

My thoughts on Miley and Katy as a musician are not the same as my view on their tours because it's two different subjects.

You said you read me criticizing Katy, I did and I'll do it again, but I was criticizing her as a musician/artist/call it whatever you want.

In this thread, I was defending Miley's tour because I don't think just because it was meant to be fun and full of joking stuff it means it's bad, I never criticized a Katy Perry tour and I do believe California Dreams was nice.

The fact that I defended Miley's tour for being a big joke and the fact that I criticize Katy's career for being a big joke has nothing to do with each other. You don't know my opinions on Miley's career.

I don't see how they're not related, since an artiste's tour is usually a reflection of the said artistes's visual representation of themselves in some way. And you calling Katy a "joke" while praising Miley for not wanting to be taken serious, when Katy does not, and it's Miley who has actually shown so far to want to be taken seriously do have something to do with each other. I'm not even a Katy fan, far from it, it just seems there's a bit of double standards imo.

So what's your opinion on Miley as a musician/artiste then?

Edited by Fiendfyre

I don't see how they're not related, since an artiste's tour is usually a reflection of the said artistes's visual representation of themselves in some way. And you calling Katy a "joke" while praising Miley for not wanting to be taken serious, when Katy does not, and it's Miley who has actually shown so far to want to be taken seriously do have something to do with each other. I'm not even a Katy fan, far from it, it just seems there's a bit of double standards imo.

So what's your opinion on Miley as a musician/artiste then?

I'm praising her tour for not wanting to be taken serious, a tour doesn't have to be a ****ing broadway musical, it can just be a party with the last albums visual to have fun. That's why I liked Bangerz Tour. My opinion on Miley's career for not taking itself serioulsy are completely different. I dissagree with a lot of what she does, specially since she came of as a try hard often in this era. I dislike Katy for the fact that besides having no soul in her music anymore (she used to have it during OOTB tho'), it's all too bland, generic and with no personality, with the exception of a few of her songs (like Dark Horse, unfortunately ruined by the upcoming video). I don't dislike her tours though and wouldn't even blame her if they were just a crazy-nonsense-party like Miley's tour and even other artist's.

Psychedelic

LOL why do this fanbase hate so much???

Do you remeber how you started liking Gaga?

In my personal case, when I first saw the Just Dance video, I was like "damn, that's the kinda party I'd kill to be at, SOOO NUTS!!!"

Life isn't all about art and having something to say. And I think she's actaully saying 'have fun now, tomorow doesn't exist'

Let the guuuuuuuuuuurl do her thing, stop hating... you stuck up, ARTY biootches!  :Jase:

Edited by Acid Monster

JeffSwift

One thing I really dislike about gaga stans is their need for everything to be "ART". What ever happened to going to a concert and just watch the artist ROCK out. This looks like a fun and amazing show, I for one can't wait to see it on April 22nd. 

LOL why do this fanbase hate so much???
Do you remeber how you started liking Gaga?
In my personal case, when I first saw the Just Dance video, I was like "damn, that's the kinda party I'd kill to be at, SOOO NUTS!!!"
Life isn't all about art and having something to say. And I think she's actaully saying 'have fun now, tomorow doesn't exist'

Let the guuuuuuuuuuurl do her thing, stop hating... you stuck up, ARTY biootches!  :Jase:

One thing I really dislike about gaga stans is their need for everything to be "ART". What ever happened to going to a concert and just watch the artist ROCK out. This looks like a fun and amazing show, I for one can't wait to see it on April 22nd. 

Please point out the people who have hated this because it's not "artsy" enough. Because something was meant to be fun/not to be taken seriously doesn't mean it can't look cheap/tacky, or people can't say what they think about it. "Fun" doesn't make something automatically immune from criticism especially when work has actually gone into planning it :smh:

I'm praising her tour for not wanting to be taken serious, a tour doesn't have to be a ****ing broadway musical, it can just be a party with the last albums visual to have fun. That's why I liked Bangerz Tour. My opinion on Miley's career for not taking itself serioulsy are completely different. I dissagree with a lot of what she does, specially since she came of as a try hard often in this era. I dislike Katy for the fact that besides having no soul in her music anymore (she used to have it during OOTB tho'), it's all too bland, generic and with no personality, with the exception of a few of her songs (like Dark Horse, unfortunately ruined by the upcoming video). I don't dislike her tours though and wouldn't even blame her if they were just a crazy-nonsense-party like Miley's tour and even other artist's.

Okay then. I just think there's no reason why Katy's music and Miley's tour can't both be seen as just "fun" and not wanting to be taken seriously

• Mills locked this topic