Miley Cyrus best album?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Best album?

• Breakout
    • The Time Of Our Lives
    • Can't Be Tamed
    • Bangerz

Featured Posts

I'm SO happy and impressed with this album. It was worth all the wait and hard work she put into it. I enjoyed CBT, but Bangerz easily blows it out of the water IMO.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miley

• wiltedbliss

• PaperIz

• AURA

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed! It's less pop than I thought it would be. I'm really digging it, but there are two songs that... erm should be eradicated: My Darlin' and Love Money Party. Can't stand listening to them.

Loving 4x4 + #GETITRIGHT though!

HausOfHarlow

I can't stand We Can't Stop and all of her eratic and gross behaviors, but I gave the album a listen (or two or three, might be on my fourth) and I must say a few songs are kinda good. 

This album reminds me similarly to Unapologetic (Rihanna). It has a few cute ballads, a few sad ballads, and a few trap songs and a few pop songs. 

Really loving: Adore You, 4x4, Get It Right (I refuse to hashtag it..), Drive, Do My Thing, and Someone Else (my favorite, especially the ending)

Songs that can go die: We Can't Stop, SMS, Love Money Party, Maybe You're Right

I love the album...I wasn't expecting such a great album, definitely one of my top favorite albums of 2013. :clap:

PaperIz

I can't believe some people think she's actually pregnant by Juicy J  :dead:

I'm SO happy and impressed with this album. It was worth all the wait and hard work she put into it. I enjoyed CBT, but Bangerz easily blows it out of the water IMO.

So true. It took me a while to really appreciate CBT fully, but I fell in love with Bangerz almost immediately.

I can't stand We Can't Stop and all of her eratic and gross behaviors, but I gave the album a listen (or two or three, might be on my fourth) and I must say a few songs are kinda good. 

This album reminds me similarly to Unapologetic (Rihanna). It has a few cute ballads, a few sad ballads, and a few trap songs and a few pop songs. 

Really loving: Adore You, 4x4, Get It Right (I refuse to hashtag it..), Drive, Do My Thing, and Someone Else (my favorite, especially the ending)

Songs that can go die: We Can't Stop, SMS, Love Money Party, Maybe You're Right

Gurl :hor: 

PaperIz

My official review :hor:

1. Adore You

An interesting album opener, but I love it. It sets a theme for this album which is her not just wanting to party or be controversial, it's her wanting to sing about the love of her life. Under all the controversy and silliness, she wants people to know she's an artist and that she has a beautiful soul and that's what comes though here. 10/10

2. We Can't Stop

Another favorite from the album. Not much to really say since it's been released for months now. Perfect 1st single choice imo. 10/10

3.SMS (Bangerz) (Ft. Britney Spears)

One of my personal favorites off the album, it's the yin to Adore You's yang. She just wants to have fun and experiment and you can see that in this song. Britney was a great addition and it needs to be the 3rd single. My only complaint is it doesn't really have an explosive moment near the end that would make this song perfection. 9/10

4. 4x4 (Ft. Nelly)

When she described the album as dirty south meets hip-hop last year, this is most likely the song that inspired the comment. It's a bit silly, but it's fun and in my opinion, really works. One of the most interesting songs on the album and Nelly's feature is fab. I think the song has great potential, but might throw a few people for a loop. 8/10

5. My Darlin (Ft. Future)

An otherwise pretty song with wonderful lyrics is butchered by Future's weird vocals he insists on using. I can look passed him being added, but it was an awful choice and really taints the songs potential. 6/10

6. Wrecking Ball

One of her best. Again since it's a single there isn't much I have to say. The most regular pop song on the album, and probably my favorite most normal and fun chorus. I cry every time I listen. A very compelling pop song. 10/10

7. Love Money Party (Ft. Big Sean)

This song is neither terrible or fantastic. It's just sort of there and another song to be attacked by a terrible, unneeded feature. It's sort of generic and really sounds like something I've heard before. 6/10

8. #GetItRight

On my first listen I didn't like. It's a total bop though. Too similar to other Pharrell collabs, IE: Blurred Lines, Get Lucky. But overall I really enjoy it. A very fun song that I think most people would like. The hashtag needs to go though. Great single choice. 8/10

9. Drive

My favorite from the album. It has wonderful lyrics and production. Another fabulous single choice. I think if released as a single it could become a huge hit. Not too pop or too urban, and just so relatable. Miley's vocals and lyrics are on point. My only complaint is that I wish it had more of an explosive moment, my same complaints for SMS and Love Money Party. Of course I feel like that's a very "urban" thing to do and my main complaint with the genre. Anyways, I'm rambling. 10/10

10. FU (Ft. French Montana) 

A very interesting addition to the album. Her vocals and the structure of the song are just wonderful. Sassy, but not vulgar and more emotional as you would think. The feature was completely dumb though. It served no purpose. 9/10

11. Do My Thang

Another one of my favorites. She lets it all loose here and does it very well. Super catchy and would probably have been better as the album title. The song is fun, but midtempo much like many of the songs before it. The "Oh wee ohs" in the song really add something to it that I love. Another potential single that meshes her country roots with her hip-hop obsession. 10/10

12. Maybe You're Right

Another more emotional song with a killer piano hook in the background. Very RnB and would be a great final single. Not sure about the production in the chorus though. It's great, but there's something about it... Again I'm in love with her vocals and lyrics. Killer song. 10/10

13. Someone Else

A great closer for the album, it's again more mid-tempo and emotional. I love the hip-hop influence here and her vocals. The one complaint that resurfaces though is that there is no...BANG near the end of the song. Everything on the album takes a fairly minimal approach on partying and heart break except for "Wrecking Ball" of course. The bridge is great though and does it's best to produce the aforementioned BANG, but doesn't succeed as much as I would have hoped. 9/10

The album needed to be named something else because for an album named Bangerz it has too many slower and midtempo songs. That, Mike Will's constant tagging, and Future are my only real complaints. It's a very interesting album and it's everything she's promised. It was risky and different from anything she's every done and I could NEVER see Selena or Demi doing anything like it. Which is why she's more successful imo. She definitely went all out to the urban sound and I'm glad she did. I just wish we had a little more BANG for our buck and she chose better features. But overall I give the album an 8/10

FFXSoul91

I'm missing the explicit version of Do My Thang and all I can find is a low quality Tumblr stream.  :noparty:

EDIT: Nvm. Have the whole thing explicit now.  :party:

Edited by FFXSoul91

TimisaMonster

Hoedown Throwdown FOR SURE! :miley:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Mills locked this topic