Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Lady Gaga twitter topic (part 3)

Admin

Featured Posts

heavymlover

Most artists name an album with their names, which is really lazy. Gaga has a simple yet iconic title, whose meaning we don't even know yet. But I see people whining. Why is the title so important? Is just a bunch of letters, and trust me, no matter what the title is, there's going to be disagreement.

giskardsb

ARTPOP is the most quintessentially Gaga title yet. It's how she thinks of herself. Pretentious? Maybe if you want your pop star to "stay in her place" and have low expectations of themselves.

hell0samuel

'Call Internet Ambulance' This woman needs to quit pop and become a comedian, she gets me every time. :crazy:

then it again it could just be my very strange sense of humour.

Anyway everybody thats moaning about ARTPOP being the title, is ridiculous. It isn't self explanatory so we don't know how the music will sound/feel. With Born This Way, thats pretty self explanatory so we knew what the album is gonna be about. This could be about anything, it's very interesting. It just isn't what you want, thats some peoples problems. If we had our way all the time, she'd still be on The Monsterball and DITD & Scheiße would be her only singles. She needs to progress and develop and this is how she's doing it, she can't stay the same forever.

anyway, Rant over. No direct shade intended. ;)

EDIT: I have this feeling inside of me that ARTPOP isn't the title, she's trolling us then in September will release something we've never heard of. I love the title but it just seems fishy.

Edited by iamjudas

Rollercoaster

I believe ARTPOP will be an album and project - Gaga will allow the fans to submit their ideas and create their vision, the vision of the people not in the haus, projected by her fame.

This is why she's running 2 contests on LM, to test the waters for contests.

TBH twitter just adds to my confusion...

AyaKara

Does she mean that her new album is being referred to as Project ARTPOP until she releases the real title, or is it literally an album that is also a project, called ARTPOP? :huh:

The title is awesome. It's a play on arguably the most celebrated art movement of all time (Pop Art); it has inspired so much of her work. I'm eager to find out where she's headed with this album

It's not lame. Lame would be just picking one of the songs she's written and slapping its name across the front cover. 'Pretentious'.. do explain. How is it pretentious? You only know the title and nothing else. Pretentious is used by those who actually have no legitimate criticism. Just wait and see before you judge.

You thought BTW was horrid? And ARTPOP?

:wtf:

lol wow I'm guessing you love the title. IMO its lame. Idc the inspiration behind it, it could be genius and have a lot of effort behind it, that doesn't change the fact it sounds stupid to me. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

It sounds pretentious to me cause she named her fukcing album ARTPOP. To the average person it's gonna sound like she's arrogantly calling her music artistic. Not everyone's gonna get it and there's no way around it with a title like that.

It's my opinion anyways. Sucks no matter what to me.

And um yeah? Chill the fukc out dude, I was critiscing the title, of course I'm gonna see what the album has to offer. It's just a lame title to me.

I've already dealt with this crappy album title... just like how horrid BTW (the title was) lol

At least it's not Privates in Public :nails:

I liked Born This Way :O But yeah PIP would've been worse.

doseofamnesia. tumblr. com

Interludicrous

lol wow I'm guessing you love the title. IMO its lame. Idc the inspiration behind it, it could be genius and have a lot of effort behind it, that doesn't change the fact it sounds stupid to me. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

It sounds pretentious to me cause she named her fukcing album ARTPOP. To the average person it's gonna sound like she's arrogantly calling her music artistic. Not everyone's gonna get it and there's no way around it with a title like that.

It's my opinion anyways. Sucks no matter what to me.

And um yeah? Chill the fukc out dude, I was critiscing the title, of course I'm gonna see what the album has to offer. It's just a lame title to me.

If anyone needs to chill here I think it's you. At least try to be reasonable when having discussions, and open up a little to what others have to say. Don't write something off at first glance. And try to have decent arguments without using the word 'fukc' every time.

But anyway, I think ARTPOP isn't pretentious for several reasons

- Most people have at least heard about Pop Art, so they'll know more or less what she's going on about.

- "Artistic" doesn't imply whether something is good or bad. She's an artist, so people should expect her work to be artistic. It would be pretentious if someone said it without having the talent/background to back it up.

- People expect very little from pop music nowadays, so if anything using the word 'art' in combination with 'pop' will be intruiging, just like back when the Pop Art movement was starting out

And quite genuinly, if someone judges the album purely by the title, they're probably not worth it anyway (talking about the general public here).

I personally need to know more about the album and the songs on it to judge if it's a good title. People saying that they dont like the sound of it... really? That's just nitpicking. An album title is not that big of a deal. It's the music and the concepts behind it that matter, and they'll probably only reinforce the title.

But so far, I like it. It's a clever reference, and the way Gaga combines fine art and the more commercial element of Pop has always interested me, and it's probably the one thing that made me a fan in the first place. And IMO it's catchy.

Edited by Interludicrous

Americano

What kind of contradiction? Stopped reading there.

Edited by Americano

Bloody Mary

- Most people have at least heard about Pop Art, so they'll know more or less what she's going on about.

- "Artistic" doesn't imply whether something is good or bad. She's an artist, so people should expect her work to be artistic. It would be pretentious if someone said it without having the talent/background to back it up.

- People expect very little from pop music nowadays, so if anything using the word 'art' in combination with 'pop' will be intruiging, just like back when the Pop Art movement was starting out

And quite genuinly, if someone judges the album purely by the title, they're probably not worth it anyway (talking about the general public here).

I personally need to know more about the album and the songs on it to judge if it's a good title. People saying that they dont like the sound of it... really? That's just nitpicking. An album title is not that big of a deal. It's the music and the concepts behind it that matter, and they'll probably only reinforce the title.

But so far, I like it. It's a clever reference, and the way Gaga combines fine art and the more commercial element of Pop has always interested me, and it's probably the one thing that made me a fan in the first place. And IMO it's catchy.

Very intelligent defense of ARTPOP. I agree with every word! :clap:

What kind of contradiction? Stopped reading there.

My wording was awkward. I meant it could have great reasoning and concepts behind the title and why she chose it. However, to me, the name ARTPOP sounds bad. I don't think it sounds genius. It could have genius reasoning behind it.

Americano

My wording was awkward. I meant it could have great reasoning and concepts behind the title and why she chose it. However, to me, the name ARTPOP sounds bad. I don't think it sounds genius. It could have genius reasoning behind it.

Titles just need to spark curiosity. 'Teenage Dream' doesn't do that, neither does something like 'Loud.'

But 'Thriller' just SEEMS different, or something like 'MDNA' even. 'ARTPOP,' while looking weird, will get someone to think "what's that about?" I think that was partly why some fans disapproved of 'BTW,' it was rather straight forward and self-explanatory.

That's the marketing genius behind some titles. Plus, it makes for iconic lines if they stick.

Edited by Americano

If anyone needs to chill here I think it's you. At least try to be reasonable when having discussions, and open up a little to what others have to say. Don't write something off at first glance. And try to have decent arguments without using the word 'fukc' every time.

lol. It's great I can't say my opinion on the title without people trying to prove to me how genius it is.

I agree with you on the fact that we have to see more. I specified that in my first post. I'm just saying I hate the title.

It's gonna sound pretentious to people anyways. Not everyone's gonna make the pop art connection. Naming her album ARTPOP won't intrigue most people. It sounds like she's trying to prove her albums artistic to you. Just my opinion anyways. And I can say fukc all I want. I Shouldn't have to censor myself.

Titles just need to spark curiosity. 'Teenage Dream' doesn't do that, neither does something like 'Loud.'

But 'Thriller' just SEEMS different, or something like 'MDNA' even. 'ARTPOP,' while looking weird, will get someone to think "what's that about?" I think that was partly why some fans disapproved of 'BTW,' it was rather straight forward and self-explanatory.

That's the marketing genius behind some titles. Plus, it makes for iconic lines if they stick.

I guess. It could work for marketing and all that if it does interest people. My initial post was just me saying I didn't like it however.

It doesn't intrigue me personally. I like more straightforward titles like Born This Way. To each his own tho.

Interludicrous

lol. It's great I can't say my opinion on the title without people trying to prove to me how genius it is.

I agree with you on the fact that we have to see more. I specified that in my first post. I'm just saying I hate the title.

It's gonna sound pretentious to people anyways. Not everyone's gonna make the pop art connection. Naming her album ARTPOP won't intrigue most people. It sounds like she's trying to prove her albums artistic to you. Just my opinion anyways. And I can say fukc all I want. I Shouldn't have to censor myself.

You shouldn't censor yourself, but if you tried to formulate your opinions a little more peacefully you won't attract as many nasty comments . Like this you're just reinforcing your opinion with pointless negativity, which will only attract more negativity. I don't think fukc is a bad word. You just shouldn't use it pointlessly.

But what I was mostly reacting to is the fact that I though you were making such a big deal of the stuff that you didn't like about the title, so I though I'd try to change things around a little. But who cares what 'people' think about the album. If they don't want to understand that's fine. Fukc 'the people' .

Other than that I simply don't get why you'd be so bothered by the title... And I know that it's your opinion, but can you blame me for trying to lighten people up about it?

You shouldn't censor yourself, but if you tried to formulate your opinions a little more peacefully you won't attract as many nasty comments . Like this you're just reinforcing your opinion with pointless negativity, which will only attract more negativity. I don't think fukc is a bad word. You just shouldn't use it pointlessly.

But what I was mostly reacting to is the fact that I though you were making such a big deal of the stuff that you didn't like about the title, so I though I'd try to change things around a little. But who cares what 'people' think about the album. If they don't want to understand that's fine. Fukc 'the people' .

Other than that I simply don't get why you'd be so bothered by the title... And I know that it's your opinion, but can you blame me for trying to lighten people up about it?

omg my post wasn't even a big deal got damn I flat out don't like the title. I thought it was lame and tacky and still do. It was replies trying to make me see the 'genius' in it that I responded negatively too. At first I even said how it won't effect the music despite my distaste for the title.

And i still don't see what's the big deal with saying fukc. :crossed: It was just my opinion and the comments werent nasty, they were trying to make me like the title when I don't, that's why it frustrated me. Fuq da govament

Well I mean it's just my thoughts on how some people will judge the album. I'm still gonna listen.

And nah, I can't blame you, I just don't like it. Its cool you're trying to change people into thinking positively about it but I just don't like it and I don't wanna continue this because initially Ididnt expect this. Maybe my opinion on it will change in the future, for now I'm done commenting on it.

And I don't wanna bother people looking for Gagas new tweet and seeing this.

Edited by Miju