💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Graphic Artist Critique Team - Graphic Critique Thread

Emma

Featured Posts

Hello everyone and welcome. :) I'm Emma, and this is the official GGD Critique Team. Want some advice on how to improve your graphics? You're in the right place! We don't have many members for now, but you can PM me at any time if you wish to become part of the team. I will then ask you some general Photoshop related questions and if I feel that you're a fit member, you will be added.

Please note that there are some specific rules that must be followed as a member of the critique team:

1). CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY. Don't be rude and trash another person's work. Point out the strengths and the weaknesses of a piece in addition to how it can be improved upon. If you are found to be rude towards another artist (i.e. your work sucks!, the coloring is atrocious, your cutting is terrible.. you get the point here), you will be kicked off the team on the spot.

2) Please be as in-depth with your critiques as possible. Again, the goal here is to help other artists improve. If you're not specific with your thoughts on a piece, it's really not that helpful.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

*About the Artist: Emma

*I've been working in Photoshop for about four and a half years now. I make all types of graphics: Signatures, icons/avatars, blends, CD Covers, gifs, wallpapers, etc. I also use various techniques in my work. Below are some examples:

*bA3Sj.jpgqB89v.gif

*yRMZt.jpg

*vM1Ak.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________

*About the Artist: SnowWhite

*My name is Hollie. I've been making graphics for about four years now. I make signatures, blends, banners (in addition to Tumblr banners), wallpapers, gifs, and icons/avatars. Wallpapers and icons are my favorite graphics to make; I would also say that my graphics are simple, yet intricate. I love to experiment with color and make my images pop. I also love trying new things and seeing others improve. Below are my examples:

*YwfsM.jpg

*J8DOQ.jpg

*Rkl0N.jpg

*38aR5.jpg

*If you would like to submit a critique, just fill out this form:

*Name:

*Graphic you wish to be critiqued:

*Artist whom you wish to critique your graphic:

*About the Artist: Zolanski

*My name is Maxx and I've been working in Photoshop for about two years now. I make pretty much anything, but I really enjoy making signatures and CD Covers. I don't have a particular 'style', so most of my graphics look different. I like to use and try out different things to improve my graphics all the time. Check out some examples of my work below:

*tFiQN.jpg

t0GIV.jpg

cRFNM.jpg

G72dB.jpg

uPqEa.jpg

1xIvW.jpg

zVhYO.jpg

PNWAN.jpg

Innovative

Here are some graphic's I've made. Critique me!

scbzau.jpg

15482yu.jpg

j75mxs.jpg

eq47z5.jpg

2d8p928.jpg

(Used by GGD Main Site for a news article)

qs8uvo.jpg

4lndd1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
White Noise

Hey guys :P I'm here for some critiquing

Name : Oscar

Graphic you wish to be critiqued:

1LWAi.jpg

AqqTR.jpg

Artist whom you wish to critique your graphic::SnowWhite

SnowWhite

Oh, me? WOOT! Okay, I hope I do this right! =D

1LWAi.jpg

IMO, I think the scratch texture (which I assume the white lines are a scratch texture =S) is just a bit overbearing on her face, I personally would've moved it more towards the right of the image, where there's the black spot, or I would've erased some of it off her face, atleast around her eyes, nose, and mouth.

Other then that, the only other thing I might add is maybe making the text a little lighter, or highlighting it by putting a lighter red or white duplicate of the font behind it. =) The coloring and photo placement is good. :yes:

AqqTR.jpg

This one is rather nice, If I were to pick some things that I think could be improved on, they would be the text and the coloring. Coloring because, maybe you added coloring, maybe you picked a coloring that wasn't kind of poppy, I donno. I usually go for something that highlights the person or the main color of the image myself, but then again I like a lot of color, and the brighter the color, the prettier I think it is, so for that I'd say try something that makes the image colors pop a bit more, because it kind of looks washed out, unless of course you were going for that, which is cool too. =)

As for the text, as above, the white "Let It Will Be" Is kind of... bland. To make it stand out a bit more, I suggest either a) drop shadow, b) outer glow (But used scarcely because if you make it overpowering it can make text look tacky), c) Highlighted color text behind it (like I do sometime), or d) use a gradient over the text. They can all be found (besides C) in the fx menu of your layers window (unless you don't use photoshop then I'm not quite sure). Also, I'm guessing you cut out the Madonna logo, cause it's a bit rough around the edges, but that's okay, erasing can be improved on. If you're going to blend a background out of a logo though, I suggest doing it by using a layer mask, that way if you make a mistake, it's easier to go back and fix it, and it gives you more freedom to tweak and really make sure it looks clean cut. :yes:

I hope that helps, I hope I described it well enough, if you have any questions about anything I put down, just ask. =)

White Noise

Oh, me? WOOT! Okay, I hope I do this right! =D

Thanks for your critque SnowWhite ! :hug: It was highly informative .Oh , and to clear up some things I do use Photoshop and the white lines in the Bloody Mary cover were actually part of the original picture . As for the Madonna cover I was mainly trying to stay with the whole Confessions on a dance floor theme . Once again , thank you for your input and I'm always glad to take some advice from a pro . Next time I'm gonna try and put your tips in practice .

Archived