💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lust For Life: One step further or one step back?

sipthistea

Featured Posts

Fernster7

Both Honeymoon and LFL are bad for the most part and they can't compare to her past work. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea
9 minutes ago, Fernster7 said:

Both Honeymoon and LFL are bad for the most part and they can't compare to her past work. 

I'm just listening to LFL, and it's not as good as Honeymoon. It sounds less cohesive after White Mustang, and it gets boring from Summer Bummer to When The World Was In War :toofunny: very similar to Born To Die 

Honeymoon is a jewel, sorry (I'm not sorry) :whitney: 

Petrichor

I too am experiencing this odd diometric internal conflict - alternating between good/bad, positive/negative, etc. I've always been a big fan of Lana and I've never found this much resistance in listening to her albums. This morning I wasn't really feeling the album at all; but now I guess I'm starting to let it sink in. I think, unfortunately, the reason why it has obtained so much critical praise is because it varies just slightly off of the basic sound and theme she has maintained throughout all of her career. Ultraviolence had a little more twang, Honeymoon was laden with strings, and now we're getting carefree, light Lana mixed with hip hop or acoustic beats. Also, I find it a bit upsetting that the best track from the whole album - all 16 tracks - was the first one released for the whole era. Overall, I think if the album was a bit more cohesive and concise I think it would be much more enjoyable.

In Short: Yes, because it shows a bit more diversity in Lana's repetoire, and no, because the diversity is so minute.

Thomas P

I think LFL is her magnum opus. Imo Honeymoon is her worst.

My order:

5. Honeymoon

4. Ultraviolence 

3. Paradise 

2. Born To Die 

1. Lust For Life 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

takemetovenus
3 hours ago, Maleficent said:

I didn't say that 

tenor.gif

I was so confused then I looked at my original post :air: sorry I think my phone messed up or something, I meant to quote the op fjdjdhf

Maleficent
1 minute ago, takemetovenus said:

I was so confused then I looked at my original post :air: sorry I think my phone messed up or something, I meant to quote the op fjdjdhf

Haha it's okay, I'm just glad I got an opportunity to use that gif. 

Fernster7
3 hours ago, sipthistea said:

I'm just listening to LFL, and it's not as good as Honeymoon. It sounds less cohesive after White Mustang, and it gets boring from Summer Bummer to When The World Was In War :toofunny: very similar to Born To Die 

Honeymoon is a jewel, sorry (I'm not sorry) :whitney: 

Well to be honest I like LFL better than Honeymoon. But that's because I only like 1 song from Honeymoon, but I agree that LFL is boring for the most part. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

NIghtmareElm

I actually hated Honeymoon.  Such a boring album that packed with filler that sounds like a bunch of rejects.  This is the best album she has ever done.  I even love it more than Ultraviolence.  

migamiga

I've been asking myself the same question. I don't know if I like it or not yet

Archived