💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTRAVE: Have you ever noticed...?

JohnnyVersace

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

She dons perhaps the foulest costume she's ever worn, puts on the clunkiest shoes she could find, and performs her biggest hit in the most garish way.

I love that costume so much actually :toofunny: She took some of the ugliest clothing pieces and made an outfit that still gets me SHOOK

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the intensity of her shout on the Swine ending was REAL! I FELT THE RAGE AND ANGER like it was so sincere!

RochestrMonstr

The tour and album fit together perfectly, I think:

ARTPOP represents a time of Gaga's pain, yet is a very colorful album, which at times borders on ridiculous, but is wonderful. 

The artRAVE represented a time of Gaga's pain, yet was very a colorful tour, which at times bordered on ridiculous, but was wonderful. 

I actually think every tour she's done has been perfect for the respective album it supported.  

Smother Em Eh
10 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Why must people here get combative over discussing a pop star? It's insane to me. 

Sexxx Dreams is about her thinking of other lovers while ****ing her partner. That's not exactly a "light" subject. ARTPOP is essentially her cry for help. She needs to "free her mind" and find the meaning of what she does and her purpose as it relates to art and pop. It's not like she's asking everyone to watercolor with her. 

IMO, ARTPOP is a dark album, presented in a colorful package. 

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's dark. You obviously haven't listened to many "dark" songs. I would call Sexxx Dreams a "mature" or "touchy" subject, not a "dark" one. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Helxig

Her dare you call her Japanese raver outfit foul.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

LordEnigma
3 minutes ago, JosephH said:

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's dark. You obviously haven't listened to many "dark" songs. I would call Sexxx Dreams a "mature" or "touchy" subject, not a "dark" one. 

I'm with you. I never understood the "darkness" of the album.

The only songs I consider dark are swine and dope. Otherwise it's very pop-conscious but light.

Smother Em Eh
8 hours ago, jxckk said:

the show was a hot mess with crappy outfits, that's how I look at it. 

Yeah, the stage was cool, but the production was pretty ehhh. Most of her outrageous outfits were pretty messy except The SeaShell Girl look and the Koons Ball w/ wings outfit. I think it could've been SOOO much better. But it still looked like a fun show! 

Smother Em Eh
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

I'm with you. I never understood the "darkness" of the album.

The only songs I consider dark are swine and dope. Otherwise it's very pop-conscious but light.

Exactly! Those 2 songs I would call, "dark". The rest I would not. 

blackpink

I agree completely. She appeared to have a lot of anger during this time and it showed by the way the artRave was done and how she performed her songs as if she was mocking them. 

Miel

To an extent, I agree. She's been kinda cheeky about all of it since ARTPOP came out. 

I mean, the Coachella interlude of Applause is another example of that.

3 points in and ready for more

PaperGypsy

her in that wig is the closest i think i've ever seen her look to famega since, its the fringe with the makeup she's wearing! i was quite happy when i first saw it because i thought she'd never be able to look close to that again

what kind of bubblegum have you been blowing lately?

crisTEAne

no, just no. her monster-monologue during gypsy invalidates and negates your whole argument. if anything, the artRAVE was a big "i love you" as opposed to a big "fück you." what's sadder, though, is that you don't have any appreciation toward rave culture. gagz did manage to turn her ball-like concerts into an electric, colorful, magical experience. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

djBuffoon
17 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Why must people here get combative over discussing a pop star? It's insane to me. 

Sexxx Dreams is about her thinking of other lovers while ****ing her partner. That's not exactly a "light" subject. ARTPOP is essentially her cry for help. She needs to "free her mind" and find the meaning of what she does and her purpose as it relates to art and pop. It's not like she's asking everyone to watercolor with her. 

IMO, ARTPOP is a dark album, presented in a colorful package. 

Precisely. 

JohnnyVersace
6 hours ago, T E Anne said:

no, just no. her monster-monologue during gypsy invalidates and negates your whole argument. if anything, the artRAVE was a big "i love you" as opposed to a big "fück you." what's sadder, though, is that you don't have any appreciation toward rave culture. gagz did manage to turn her ball-like concerts into an electric, colorful, magical experience. 

I live in NY, and I've been to actual raves. Not just pop-star rave-inspired tours. So...? 

No one is arguing that the ArtRave was not rave-inspired. The lights, the costumes, the colors, the Bad Romance costume, the pacifier...of course. What I'm saying is that there's an undertone of rebellion that is clearly directed at the tension in her life during ARTPOP. 

It's an "I love you" to her fans, as everything she does is. But it's a "**** you" to anyone who tried to tie her down to a cookie cutter pop star image. 

JohnnyVersace
10 hours ago, JosephH said:

Why does this mean I haven't listened to "dark" songs? You don't know what I listen to lol. There's a dark undertone to ARTPOP, Gaga has said so herself. 

Y'all love to act like you're the authority on Gaga, not allowing of others to share opinions. :madge:

Archived