💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTRAVE: Have you ever noticed...?

JohnnyVersace

Featured Posts

JohnnyVersace
32 minutes ago, Leeo said:

Idk... it's a good view, but I don't think it was something she really thought lol.

The introduction ("Now performing, Lady Gaga!" "It's a good time... to light up! Mary...Jane...Holland..." "Now performing her hit single, Bad Romance!") It sounded more like a whole Rave concept with performers. It had the opening acts and Gaga but it was just like a giant Rave...

The Bad Romance outfit was like the heart of the concert. It's straigh out of Japanese culture of Raving and stuff... It was a conceptual piece, even tho there was no "storyline", artRAVE was created to be a real Rave...Or a pop concert covered as a Rave, tributing ARTPOP

But it's an amazing interpretation, I like it

But even the way she encourages the crowd to smoke in a Disney-like voice, and presenting a song as her "hit single"...it's all very bubblegum pop-star to the EXTREME. It goes so intentionally tacky, that it essentially becomes a parody of a pop show. 

And we both know this bitch thinks about every single detail when it comes to her performances, so I can't believe that this is not intentional. 

21 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Have we heard the same ARTPOP? Have we gone to the same show? ARTPOP is not dark at all (it may be her lighter album, even more than Joanne) and the show meant to be a rave

Aura, Sexxx Dreams, MJH, Dope, J&D, MANiCURE, ARTPOP and Swine say hi. All these songs are either overtly dark, or touch on themes of tension and angst. ARTPOP, as Gaga describes it, is a mashup of her rage and emotion presented in chaos. 

So idk I don't think we did hear the same album. :awkney:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miracle
1 minute ago, JohnnyVersace said:

But even the way she encourages the crowd to smoke in a Disney-like voice, and presenting a song as her "hit single"...it's all very bubblegum pop-star to the EXTREME. It goes so intentionally tacky, that it essentially becomes a parody of a pop show. 

And we both know this bitch thinks about every single detail when it comes to her performances, so I can't believe that this is not intentional. 

Aura, Sexxx Dreams, MJH, Dope, J&D, MANiCURE, ARTPOP and Swine say hi. All these songs are either overtly dark, or touch on themes of tension and angst. ARTPOP, as Gaga describes it, is a mashup of her rage and emotion presented in chaos. 

So idk I don't think we did hear the same album. :awkney:

MANiCURE? Sexxx Dreams? ARTPOP? Dark? You haven't listened to a lot of dark music haven't you?

JohnnyVersace
Just now, Miracle said:

MANiCURE? Sexxx Dreams? ARTPOP? Dark? You haven't listened to a lot of dark music haven't you?

Why must people here get combative over discussing a pop star? It's insane to me. 

Sexxx Dreams is about her thinking of other lovers while ****ing her partner. That's not exactly a "light" subject. ARTPOP is essentially her cry for help. She needs to "free her mind" and find the meaning of what she does and her purpose as it relates to art and pop. It's not like she's asking everyone to watercolor with her. 

IMO, ARTPOP is a dark album, presented in a colorful package. 

Phoebe Buffay
1 hour ago, Stronger said:

sis that voice is Petga

Who's that in your avi?

Ronk
40 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Have we heard the same ARTPOP? Have we gone to the same show? ARTPOP is not dark at all (it may be her lightest album, even more than Joanne) and the show meant to be a rave

ArtRAVE was certainly not dark.  The concert was bright and upbeat.  It really was a rave.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Miracle said:

MANiCURE is definitely dark because the lyrics are essentially posing the question "Getting pretty nails and dressed up is enough for her [another popstar], but why do you still feel insecure? Why can't you just be a pretty face and shut your mouth?" :chica:

DeleteMyAccount

"The cherry on top is her rendition of Bad Romance. "Now performing her hit single: Bad Romance!" (1:52:29) She dons perhaps the foulest costume she's ever worn, puts on the clunkiest shoes she could find, and performs her biggest hit in the most garish way. The imagery of Bad Romance is out the f*cking window, and she's doing whatever the hell she wants. She's essentially flipping off her haters, her management, and the industry, and letting her anger and rage take over."

Hence the rave girl outfit.

That's why the tour was called the artRave.

JohnnyVersace
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

"The cherry on top is her rendition of Bad Romance. "Now performing her hit single: Bad Romance!" (1:52:29) She dons perhaps the foulest costume she's ever worn, puts on the clunkiest shoes she could find, and performs her biggest hit in the most garish way. The imagery of Bad Romance is out the f*cking window, and she's doing whatever the hell she wants. She's essentially flipping off her haters, her management, and the industry, and letting her anger and rage take over."

Hence the rave girl outfit.

That's why the tour was called the artRave.

You can dress up for a rave without looking like a clown. That costume was so over-the-top ugly. To me, it was supposed to send a message. 

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

You can dress up for a rave without looking like a clown. That costume was so over-the-top ugly. To me, it was supposed to send a message. 

You're talking about the woman who wore heels and couture during a hike a couple weeks ago. haha

JohnnyVersace
3 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

You're talking about the woman who wore heels and couture during a hike a couple weeks ago. haha

But EXACTLY! She's the queen of contradiction. Performing BR wearing a clown suit, hiking in heels, a gown made of meat, etc. Gaga functions on intent, not coincidence. 

prince
35 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Gaga said herself a lot of the music on the album was dark it was her pain exploding in bright EDM music, she dances to it and at the end of the album and at the end of the dancing she's thrown off the pain.

MANiCURE saying how a man is going to cure her, like a serial killer, Sexxx Dreams arguing with a lover and having a quarrel and then all she can do is think of someone else and touch herself over someone else when she should be thinking about her and her relationship and then think about Swine.

Think about how she put Mary Jane Holland before Dope because Mary Jane was her high and her enjoying weed and not giving a **** and Dope was the reality of that high, she had relied on weed and had become an addict. A lot of ARTPOP is dark and lyrically there are dark undertones for Gaga herself, it's her own dark state 

Bradley

Her attitude during the artRAVE shows this a lot though. The tone of her speaking, it's like she's trying to mock or insult something but I don't know what... I think this thread sheds some light into it. It's a very dramatic tone it's like she's being sarcastic towards something.

HairBow

I think it's very possible that this is what Gaga sought out to do with ARTRAVE.

The thing she said on Howard Stern about her infamous Swine performance at SXSW comes to mind right now: "You don't have the power to degrade me as much as I can degrade myself." Or something like that.

Also, let's not forget her epic screaming of "F- YOU, POP MUSIC!" during that same performance.

So ... I actually would totally believe that some of these specific decisions at ARTRAVE had this meaning.

Excellent post. :) 

misunderstood
2 hours ago, Blue wig said:

I agree. But... umm...

*takes deep breath*

#JUSTICEFORRAVEGIRLOUTFIT

Hide contents

Am I the only one who loved that look? it's just so fun and cute and happy! And it fits perfectly the "colour overload" aesthetic that permeates the whole show! :excited2:

I loved it too

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Archived