Jump to content
society

St. Louis inmates screaming for help because of the heat


evgenigerm2

Featured Posts

evgenigerm2

 

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eighteen

this is terrible and against the fundamental human rights we all have no matter what idc if you are a prisoner. this is torture

Link to post
Share on other sites

Buddy

A lot of people are probably not going to take huge issue with this because they are prisoners, but to spend hours in 100+ degrees is borderline torture and can't it actually kill? They need AC, and it shouldn't be that hard to get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in St. Louis and this has been news for over a week here and no one is doing anything about it. I don't care what they've done, this is torture. I feel terrible for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

REALITY

That's terrible...Yes, they're criminals but this is inhumane, to just leave them in 100+ degree weather without any way of cooling themselves off, it's disgusting.

 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔪𝔞𝔰𝔨 𝔞𝔫𝔡...𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔢.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic

I mean I could be biased but, everybody in Europe is used to 100+ degree summers without any sort of air conditioning. Sure it's uncomfortable and feel like f*cking sh*t, but we still live. :emma:

Link to post
Share on other sites

benKo

What are 100+ degrees in non-retard units? :selena:

But oh my god, that is terrible. And I alrwady feel like dying when it's summer... Everybody worrying about dogs and kids in cars, but prisoners can die in the heat? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
Just now, benKo said:

What are 100+ degrees in non-retard units? :selena:

But oh my god, that is terrible. And I alrwady feel like dying when it's summer... Everybody worrying about dogs and kids in cars, but prisoners can die in the heat? 

38° C

Link to post
Share on other sites

benKo
Just now, Supersonic said:

38° C

You can't say that 38°+ are "uncomfortable". And you have to consider they are in a tiny room for the whole day at this temperatures, and probably not with cool drinks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, benKo said:

What are 100+ degrees in non-retard units? :selena:

But oh my god, that is terrible. And I alrwady feel like dying when it's summer... Everybody worrying about dogs and kids in cars, but prisoners can die in the heat? 

At first I thought this was a Haroon post and I was so shocked at Haroon using "retard" + a non Gaga or 'default' emote :diane:

Link to post
Share on other sites

REALITY
9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I mean I could be biased but, everybody in Europe is used to 100+ degree summers without any sort of air conditioning. Sure it's uncomfortable and feel like f*cking sh*t, but we still live. :emma:

Y'all don't have air conditioning, or do you just choose not to use it? 

I guess the difference is is that these guys don't have the luxury of just cooling themselves off when they can. 

I live in Texas, so the heat can be absolutely unbearable, but I always keep my house cool :sweat:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔪𝔞𝔰𝔨 𝔞𝔫𝔡...𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔢.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince
16 minutes ago, benKo said:

What are 100+ degrees in non-retard units? :selena:

What an ignorant thing to say and disgusting to use that word. 

Btw the measurment is called Fahrenheit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frantically looking for sympathy but just can't seem to find it.  

 

They are criminals!  They failed to contribute to society and have probably caused grief in other people's lives.  Prison isn't luxury...although movies and tv shows portray it that way.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Y'all don't have air conditioning, or do you just choose not to use it? 

I guess the difference is is that these guys don't have the luxury of just cooling themselves off when they can. 

I live in Texas, so the heat can be absolutely unbearable, but I always keep my house cool :sweat:

I mean technically everybody has air conditioning, it's on the market and for everyone to buy who has the money but it's absolutely not common in Europe whatsoever. Half of the supermarkets I shop in don't even have air conditioning, all school facilities I visited during my lifetime and university campus buildings (except the one that just very got recently built) have no air conditioning. Even retirement homes (where they would make the most sense) don't have them 95% of the time. Air conditioning is definitely seen as something extremely prestigous/luxurious/unneccesary here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...