đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Jase

Featured Posts

as of this week about 635,000 - 281,200 this year and the rest between october and december!

Oh wow, that's double Platinum. 

And I believe more than Unapologetic.

Guess Calvin is bigger than her there now. :teehee:

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
glitterintheair

Oh wow, that's double Platinum. 

And I believe more than Unapologetic.

Guess Calvin is bigger than her there now. :teehee:

by the way, i just checked will.i.am's album sales and they're at 252,000 or there abouts. bang bang is at around 60k - maybe you got the two mixed up. i was thinking 60k is a bit low!!

nope calvin has still sold less than rihanna. more than her this year but less in total. he'll outsell her in a few weeks tho as he has a single doing quite well. rihanna's probably in the lead because of a november release and appearance on the x factor.

StrawberryBlond

Oh wow. Guess Britney will be lucky to scan Gold/Platinum and debut in the Top 10. 

I'm surprised that will.i.am still hasn't outsold FF despite having really successful singles in the UK consistently. I believe his album is at around 60K, maybe less, which still isn't even Gold, which FF managed to scan in the UK. Do you think he can scan Gold if he keeps the hits going? Bang Bang went Top 5, correct? 

Another question, he's executive producing Britney's album, could that potentially help her shift albums or at least singles over there? He's bound to promote some of his work with her since it's a big step for him so I'm hoping his involvement in her record can help her out a bit.  :redface:

There's nothing set in stone, though. There can be surprising #1 albums. Taylor Swift got her first ever UK #1 with Red with 61,000 copies in its debut week, but it was purely because she had two successful mainstream pop singles in the charts and there was zero competition that week. Despite her having 4 top ten hits and 2 top 40 hits, she's sold little over 400,000 copies thus far. She's not long reached platinum status. BTW might not have had Red's singles success, but its sold nearly a million copies to date, so which album was the bigger hit, when you really think about it? Plus, Taylor's only got one single left in the top 100 (22 is at #96, it'll have dropped out next week) and her album's nearly 10 months old. She's better announce UK dates soon if she wants any chance of success. We tend to move on if an artist doesn't start touring here after the album's been around for about a year and Taylor won't start until well into January, possibly later.

As you gathered, Will has sold over 252,000 copies now but he doesn't sell well because he is a singles artist. It's that simple. The whole copying scandal didn't help sales either. His duet with Leah on The Voice really gave the album a mega push recently. If Will is a feature on one of Britney's new songs, then yes, that will help the sales of her album. But seeing as Big Fat Bass was replaced as a single on Femme Fatale, it looks as if Britney's label are wary about featuring him. If you look back over his chart performance as a featured artist, there's barely any hits because he's not a sought after rapper or has lots of fans. Lately, he's just been featuring for artists who are struggling to get famous/make a comeback. I mean, he was a rent-a-rapper for Kesha's Crazy Kids purely because he was accused of copying the beat of that song on his own album and this was a form of damage control. As such, no artists or labels want to be associated with him right now because, like Pitbull and Guetta, he's become one of those people that you only do a song with if you're desperate (and judging by the singers featured on his album, he really attracts those who need a career boost).

nope calvin has still sold less than rihanna. more than her this year but less in total. he'll outsell her in a few weeks tho as he has a single doing quite well. rihanna's probably in the lead because of a november release and appearance on the x factor.

What shocked me is Calvin beating Rihanna on the Forbes list of top earning celebs under 30. He's been touring like crazy.

glitterintheair

There's nothing set in stone, though. There can be surprising #1 albums. Taylor Swift got her first ever UK #1 with Red with 61,000 copies in its debut week, but it was purely because she had two successful mainstream pop singles in the charts and there was zero competition that week. Despite her having 4 top ten hits and 2 top 40 hits, she's sold little over 400,000 copies thus far. She's not long reached platinum status. BTW might not have had Red's singles success, but its sold nearly a million copies to date, so which album was the bigger hit, when you really think about it? Plus, Taylor's only got one single left in the top 100 (22 is at #96, it'll have dropped out next week) and her album's nearly 10 months old. She's better announce UK dates soon if she wants any chance of success. We tend to move on if an artist doesn't start touring here after the album's been around for about a year and Taylor won't start until well into January, possibly later.

don't forget the song with ed sheeran which is currently at #13 in the official charts. and her album is at #19...

What shocked me is Calvin beating Rihanna on the Forbes list of top earning celebs under 30. He's been touring like crazy.

that sure is shocking! he's done well for himself.

dontbesweet

In 25 days... :

1. Applause

:cry:

Fingers crossed.

So sad that Diana Vickers can't even crack the top 40 with Cinderella.

Jase

iTunes Update

HvaOr2P.jpg

01. Wake Me Up - Avicii

02. Best Song Ever - One Direction

03. Love Me Again - John Newman
04. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

05. Let Her Go - Passenger
06. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) - Icona Pop
07. Bang Bang - will.i.am

08. La La La (feat. Sam Smith) - Naughty Boy

09. Come & Get It - Selena Gomez

10. Reload (Vocal Version) [Radio Edit] - Sebastian Ingrosso, Tommy Trash & John Martin

11. Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake) - Jay-Z

12. Jack - Breach

13. Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran) - Taylor Swift

14. Get Lucky (Radio Edit) [feat. Pharrell Williams] - Daft Punk

15. Thinking About You (feat. Ayah Marar) - Calvin Harris

16. The Other Side - Jason Derulo

17. True Love (feat. Lily Allen) - P!nk

18. Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys

19. Treasure - Bruno Mars

20. Wild (feat. Big Sean & Dizzee Rascal) - Jessie J

21. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) [Clean Version] - Icona Pop

22. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

23. Dancing In the Moonlight - Toploader

24. Walks Like Rihanna - The Wanted

25. Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

26. La La La (feat. Sam Smith) - Naughty Boy

27. Lost & Not Found (feat. Louis M^ttrs) - Chase & Status

28. Blurred Lines (No Rap Version) [feat. Pharrell] - Robin Thicke

29. Heart Attack - Demi Lovato

30. Dear Darlin' - Olly Murs

31. Love Me Again (Radio Edit) - John Newman

32. Crazy Kids (feat. will.i.am) - Ke$ha

33. Brokenhearted (feat. B.o.B) - Lawson

34. Play Hard (feat. Ne-Yo & Akon) - David Guetta

35. Here's To Never Growing Up - Avril Lavigne

36. #Beautiful (feat. Miguel) - Mariah Carey

37. Antenna (UK Radio Edit) - Fuse ODG

38. Black Skinhead - Kanye West

39. Waiting All Night (feat. Ella Eyre) - Rudimental

40. Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams) - Daft Punk

Bubbling Under

42. Home - Gabrielle Aplin

47. F For You - Disclosure

49. It's Time - Imagine Dragons

70. Right Here (feat. Foxes) - Rudimental

72. C O O L - Le Youth

83. Slow Down - Selena Gomez

StrawberryBlond

How many copies is Avicii ahead of 1D? This will be really interesting if he maintains his lead. I hope that Simon Cowell doesn't play dirty and have their album drop around the week of ARTPOP. Their albums are always released in November, so it's possible. Although this is the earliest they've ever released a lead single, so it could be in September or October.

Wet Fire

Applause

is surely hitting the top. The 2nd single also might have a good chance

of going #1.

Sexxx

How many copies is Avicii ahead of 1D? This will be really interesting if he maintains his lead. I hope that Simon Cowell doesn't play dirty and have their album drop around the week of ARTPOP. Their albums are always released in November, so it's possible. Although this is the earliest they've ever released a lead single, so it could be in September or October.

I think Simon Cowell has enough respect / admiration for Gaga not to play against her. Also, he's clever enough to realise that Gaga is massive competition.

Just realised: how awkward would it be if Gaga does perform on X Factor with Sharon Osbourne there :toofunny:

Jase

iTunes Update

HvaOr2P.jpg

01. Wake Me Up - Avicii

02. Best Song Ever - One Direction

03. Love Me Again - John Newman
04. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

05. Let Her Go - Passenger
06. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) - Icona Pop
07. Bang Bang - will.i.am

08. La La La (feat. Sam Smith) - Naughty Boy

09. Come & Get It - Selena Gomez

10. Reload (Vocal Version) [Radio Edit] - Sebastian Ingrosso, Tommy Trash & John Martin

11. Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake) - Jay-Z

12. Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran) - Taylor Swift

13. Thinking About You (feat. Ayah Marar) - Calvin Harris

14. Get Lucky (Radio Edit) [feat. Pharrell Williams] - Daft Punk

15. Jack - Breach

16. True Love (feat. Lily Allen) - P!nk

17. Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys

18. The Other Side - Jason Derulo

19. Treasure - Bruno Mars

20. Dancing In the Moonlight - Toploader

21. Wild (feat. Big Sean & Dizzee Rascal) - Jessie J

22. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) [Clean Version] - Icona Pop