Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Jase

Featured Posts

BlondeKingOfGGD

Sooo many of my friends are talking about/playing burn by ellie all the time :O

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SomethingMore

11 Kanye West/Justin Timberlake 26,358

Ummmm its Jay Z / Justin TImberlake

glitterintheair

Ummmm its Jay Z / Justin TImberlake

ummmmm sorry.

it was copied and pasted from another source.

yeah it's her lead.

what's/who's henry higgins?

My Fair Lady musical reference - cause the main female character in it is named Eliza Doolittle. 

StrawberryBlond

Rihanna is the Queen of Quantity. Too busy touring to do videos to promote her singles. 

Basically she created Rihanna-mania in late 2010 on the strength of her Emenim duet, Loud album, and multiple X factor performance. Even since. the momentum has been coasting download except for We Found Love.

Despite another double performance on X Factor last year, it didn't have the same effect as it did in 2010 which is pretty telling. I reckon if she keeps having multiple performances on one season in the future, Ofcom should investigate the show's overdone promotion of her because it's simply not fair (an investigation was launched before when they outright advertised guest artists singles which apparently they're not allowed to do). If they want their previous contestants to do several appearances, that's one thing as they came from the show but Rihanna isn't connected to the show, so why does she get this special treatment? But hey, if the country's starting to get bored of her, maybe she won't get booked all the time in the future. Like I said, if the show ever gets axed or she's no longer successful enough to be invited on or viewers drop even more, I don't know what she'll do to promote herself in the UK to to such a big audience.

Despite all we've just said about Rihanna, Miley is on her way to #1 with a Rihanna sounding song that was written for Rihanna.

Yet Miley herself has never been Top 10 UK before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miley_Cyrus_discography

Yes, that's very odd. She couldn't even get a top ten at her peak but now she shoots straight to #1 as an adult with such a polarizing song? Oh, well, I've seen weirder happenings. And it was already a ready made song originally written for Rihanna? Looks like Miley must have just contributed a word or two to get on the credits, then.

I'm surprised at Tinie underperforming. Then again, the song itself is quite lacklustre.

Really? This is the only single of his that I like! I'm really compelled by this new trap style he's got going on.

Blank Space

Despite another double performance on X Factor last year, it didn't have the same effect as it did in 2010 which is pretty telling. I reckon if she keeps having multiple performances on one season in the future, Ofcom should investigate the show's overdone promotion of her because it's simply not fair (an investigation was launched before when they outright advertised guest artists singles which apparently they're not allowed to do). If they want their previous contestants to do several appearances, that's one thing as they came from the show but Rihanna isn't connected to the show, so why does she get this special treatment? But hey, if the country's starting to get bored of her, maybe she won't get booked all the time in the future. Like I said, if the show ever gets axed or she's no longer successful enough to be invited on or viewers drop even more, I don't know what she'll do to promote herself in the UK to to such a big audience.

Yes, that's very odd. She couldn't even get a top ten at her peak but now she shoots straight to #1 as an adult with such a polarizing song? Oh, well, I've seen weirder happenings. And it was already a ready made song originally written for Rihanna? Looks like Miley must have just contributed a word or two to get on the credits, then.

Really? This is the only single of his that I like! I'm really compelled by this new trap style he's got going on.

Do you know why The Fame Monster album is 108 in UK?

Jase

iTunes Update

LH1bmI4.jpg

01. We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus

02. Wake Me Up - Avicii

03. Trampoline (feat. 2 Chainz) - Tinie Tempah

04. Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) - Lana Del Rey

05. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

06. Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake) - Jay-Z

07. Love Me Again - John Newman

08. Best Song Ever - One Direction

09. Thinking About You (feat. Ayah Marar) - Calvin Harris

10. Bang Bang - will.i.am

11. Let Her Go - Passenger

12. Right Here (feat. Foxes) - Rudimental

13. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) - Icona Pop

14. Big When I Was Little - Eliza Doolittle

15. Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men

16. La La La (feat. Sam Smith) - Naughty Boy

17. Come & Get It - Selena Gomez

18. Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys

19. F For You - Disclosure

20. Dancing In the Moonlight - Toploader

21. Jack - Breach

22. It's Time - Imagine Dragons

23. Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran) - Taylor Swift

24. The Other Side - Jason Derulo

25. Reload (Vocal Version) [Radio Edit] - Sebastian Ingrosso, Tommy Trash & John Martin

26. Get Lucky (Radio Edit) [feat. Pharrell Williams] - Daft Punk

27. Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

28. Take Back the Night - Justin Timberlake

29. True Love (feat. Lily Allen) - P!nk

30. Treasure - Bruno Mars

31. Crazy Kids (feat. will.i.am) - Ke$ha

32. Black Skinhead - Kanye West

33. True Love (feat. Lily Allen) - P!nk

34. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) [Clean Version] - Icona Pop

35. La La La (feat. Sam Smith) - Naughty Boy

36. Skinny Love - Birdy

37. C O O L - Le Youth

38. Wild (feat. Big Sean & Dizzee Rascal) - Jessie J

39. Walks Like Rihanna - The Wanted

40. Dear Darlin' - Olly Murs

Bubbling Under

47. You Know You Like It - AlunaGeorge

53. Counting Stars - OneRepublic

88. Supersoaker - Kings of Leon

ctherainbow

iTunes Update

LH1bmI4.jpg

01. We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus

02. Wake Me Up - Avicii

03. Trampoline (feat. 2 Chainz) - Tinie Tempah

04. Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) - Lana Del Rey

05. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

06. Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake) - Jay-Z

07. Love Me Again - John Newman

08. Best Song Ever - One Direction

09. Thinking About You (feat. Ayah Marar) - Calvin Harris

10. Bang Bang - will.i.am

Only #5 across the pond... so glad the UK has better taste in music!  The US, though...   :rip:

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

Robotboy

TFM album now is 61 but why??

umm the AURA leak ;) people getting excited for gagas return :coffee:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Jase

Only #5 across the pond... so glad the UK has better taste in music!  The US, though...   :rip:

Blurred Lines is very close to becoming the biggest selling song of the year here, though :pukey:

TFM album now is 61 but why??

it's only £4.99 on itunes

ctherainbow

Blurred Lines is very close to becoming the biggest selling song of the year here, though :pukey:

I'm sorry.   :smh:

Applause, though...  

Best-selling song of the century; I'm calling it now.

:derpga:

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

StrawberryBlond

It went to #1 too. The UK charts work differently from the US ones. In the UK, our top ten is always changing and there's a new #1 practically every week whereas in the US, it's not unusual for the top ten to change very little for months and the same song to be #1 for many, many consecutive weeks. Also, our YouTube views don't count and radio doesn't have as much power over where a song charts. Radio over there must be so boring with the same mainstream songs played over and over. It's no wonder you guys hate One More Night by Maroon 5 after radio forced it down the country's throat for two months in an effort to stop Gangnam Style taking the top spot.

Archived