• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, WA is a guaranteed top 5 hit and, as I mentioned previously, I'm happy for Katy and I'm very curious to see how her movie performs in the box office (I would estimate around a $50 million to $60 million dollar total revenue). I certainly think that if the movie has WA in it, then it will be very good promo for the song. Justin's album is most likely gonna debut around 500K or so. I'm quite happy it isn't going to reach 1 million since his obnoxious fans were bragging about how he was gonna pass the 1 million mark in the first week. But I'm happy for him nonetheless.

she's looking fuller and voluptuous lately.

9531_02_0479_v4_RGB_a_l.jpg

Dear God, I've never seen a more airbrushed picture in my life.

http://www.billboard...007376952.story

Katy made #4.

WHYB stuck at #8 like Cheers.

The last longer streak of domination by lead acts making their first Hot 100 visits occurred almost 45 years ago. Bobbie Gentry began the run the week of Aug. 26, 1967, with "Ode to Billie Joe." The streak continued with the Box Tops' "The Letter" (Sept. 23), Lulu's "To Sir With Love" (Oct. 21) and Strawberry Alarm Clock's "Incense and Peppermints" (Nov. 25). (All four acts made return trips to the Hot 100's top 40.)

Edited by craig

yesss Katy :D :D

I'm actually quite excited for her next era, I loved Teenage Dream (the album) and I heard she is going "darker". Sounds cool!

Hopefully she will continue to slay the charts :)

Edited by sspearss

There are no flaws in this picture!

http://www.billboard...007376952.story

Katy made #4.

WHYB stuck at #8 like Cheers.

The last longer streak of domination by lead acts making their first Hot 100 visits occurred almost 45 years ago. Bobbie Gentry began the run the week of Aug. 26, 1967, with "Ode to Billie Joe." The streak continued with the Box Tops' "The Letter" (Sept. 23), Lulu's "To Sir With Love" (Oct. 21) and Strawberry Alarm Clock's "Incense and Peppermints" (Nov. 25). (All four acts made return trips to the Hot 100's top 40.)

Well hey, atleast Ri got a Top Ten!

And is this on the Hot 100 or iTunes?

Americano

Katy looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL in that picture. Lady Gaga could probably take a few notes about looking approachable and desirable, it never hurts on the charts.

:lala:

Katy looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL in that picture. Lady Gaga could probably take a few notes about looking approachable and desirable, it never hurts on the charts.

:clap:

Kermit the frog

Gaga, if you read this: Plz, don't you ever listen to him :cry:

Edited by Kermit the frog

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/carly-rae-jepsen-continues-new-artists-dominance-1007376952.story

Bieber, meanwhile, notches the Hot 100's top new entry for a third consecutive week, as "As Long as You Love Me," featuring Big Sean, opens at No. 21 on the strength of 168,000 downloads sold. With the teen superstar's third studio album, "Believe," released yesterday - and due to arrive with the year's top opening sales frame atop next week's Billboard 200 - the song follows previous album preview tracks "All Around the World," featuring Ludacris, a debut at No. 22 last week (157,000), and "Die in Your Arms," an arrival at No. 17 two weeks ago (185,000).

No act had scored debuts in the Hot 100's top 40 for at least three consecutive weeks since the "Glee" cast did so for four straight frames in November/December 2010.

Does anyone want to email Billboard and tell them to fix this? Gaga did this last year with "The Edge of Glory" (No. 3), "Hair" (No. 12), and "Yoü and I" (No. 36).

Edited by Cherry

GagaRunTheWorld

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/carly-rae-jepsen-continues-new-artists-dominance-1007376952.story

Does anyone want to email Billboard and tell them to fix this? Gaga did this last year with "The Edge of Glory" (No. 3), "Hair" (No. 12), and "Yoü and I" (No. 36).

could you? please :-)

could you? please :-)

I don't want to email them because I don't want my real name published on their website in the Ask Billboard column, but I tweeted @billboard and @bwerde (editor)

EDIT: They updated the article

Edited by Cherry

Shadow

That's all fine and dandy, but please post pictures of artists in their own threads in the Music section or in the Conversation Area since this thread is solely about charts and sales.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Oyemiamor

The arrival of IDJ’s Believe occurs Justin time for music retailers around the country, with impressive one-day sales turning them into true Beliebers.

That’s right, the young teenpop star’s new album, his third (if you don’t count My World 2.0 and do count last year’s holiday album, Under the Mistletoe) will debut at #1 next week with between 420-440k in sales, his best individual total to date, and the highest of the year. Madonna’s MDNA held the previous mark when it bowed with nearly 360k in sales back in March. My World 2.0, his previous high, sold 283k when it came out March, 2010.

Kenny Chesney’s first release for his new Blue Chair imprint through Columbia Nashville, Welcome to the Fishbowl, will debut at #2 with an estimated 185-210k.

Epic’s latest Fiona Apple opus, the elegantly titled The Idler Wheel is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do, is looking at a first-week total of 65-70k amid rave reviews.

Smashing Pumpkins’ Oceania, Billy Corgan’s latest iteration of the band through Martha's Music/EMI Label Services, is looking at a not-bad-at-all 45-50k.