Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Joanne dethrones ARTPOP!

LustForLife

Featured Posts

Harry
8 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

was it in 2009 though? :sweat:

i think this suggests that BTW aged poorly (outside of the fanbase)...

TFM/TF will become the first album from the 00s to reach 1 billion streams so yaaas :pray:

You can't compare TFM to BTW & AP though. Spotify was emerging in popularity around 2013-14 which explains why AP's listens are higher, and of course why Joanne has surpassed it already. TFM is literally one of the most successful pop albums ever and has in total eight big singles, which I imagine most of the plays come from. BTW has just two big hits in comparison...

This isn't really an indication at all that AP is more popular than BTW.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
androiduser

"DETHRONES"?  ARTPOP certainty wasn't on a throne if it wasn't #1 on that list

Fernster7

The better album keeps winning. :classy:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Ken Zahn

joanne i like a little better than ARTPOP bc it isnt over produced like ARTPOP was but they are:trollga: both great

I'm a huntie and y'all should be one too 😉

RainingOnMe

How the **** is BTW the lowest?

It's the best album ever made and that's just a fact.

Slay at Joanne dethroning Gaga's messiest album though.

OMonster

I thought this was going to be in terms of actual sales. 

I really want this to happen. 

:giveup:

subtext / fantasy

artBlockedT

Not surprised.

BTW is gaga's worst album. Dont get me wrong, its AMAZING, but her worst. Aged like MILK and its too over produced

MichaelSimpson7
20 minutes ago, artBlockedT said:

BTW is gaga's worst album. Dont get me wrong, its AMAZING, but her worst. Aged like MILK and its too over produced

GASP

blackpink
7 minutes ago, artBlockedT said:

Not surprised.

consider yourself artBLOCKEDT :neyde: jk 

GreekGod

my favorite album getting least streams from GP assures me once more that I have a great taste in music :classy:

GreekGod
11 minutes ago, artBlockedT said:

Not surprised.

I dont really know what are your metrics when saying "aged worse". if popularity, GP means nothing and release year says hi. 

qualitywise, ANYONE who has a musical background can confirm that BTW is her most concentrated, coherent, sonically best produced album to date, while ARTPOP is her worst (the sounds, stems used were too "old" for  even 2013 and now it sounds like a decade old album). BTW had the biggest impact on society, moral message, inspiration for the whole generation. lyricwise it is only behind Joanne, and sound-wise very much ahead of its time. 

Archived