Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can a performer have more than one comebacks?

XXXXX

Featured Posts

XXXXX

I don't know any artists who had 2 or more comebacks. Do you?

"Comeback" is not an album in many years, it's a mega successful album after a flop album.

examples: Mariah Carey's Glitter (2001) and Charmbracelet (2002) flopped and then she had a comeback with The Emancipation of Mimi (2005). This was her first and only comeback.

Beyonce's 4 (2011) flopped and then she had a comeback with her self-titled visual album (2013)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XXXXX
6 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I guess  gaga still hasn't "COME BACK" yet.

I think ARTPOP was her flop era. Joanne is something in between. A star is born will probably flop harder than Glitter and then she'll have a comeback

Gaga hasn't hit that point yet of needing a come back, but she might soon. and it's going to be tough since it's so hard to have one in this age of streaming

I think Joanne is her Bedtime Stories. A successful album after a "flop", but the big comeback will be the next, a la Ray of Light. 

yes and
6 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

and then she'll have a comeback

or she'll have a pregnancy :laughga:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

XXXXX
Just now, dancewithnobody said:

or she'll have a pregnancy :laughga:

I wish she dumps Christian and stays a free bitch :lolly:

xoxo Craig
11 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

I think ARTPOP was her flop era. Joanne is something in between. A star is born will probably flop harder than Glitter and then she'll have a comeback

So LG7 or LG8?:ladyhaha:

End Racism Now

XXXXX
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

So LG7 or LG8?:ladyhaha:

I'm gonna be pissed off if LG7 flops :ladyhaha:

MasterOfPuppets

I guess Madonna with Ray of Light after Erotica / Bedtime Stories (although this was something in between) and then with Confessions on a Dancefloor after American Life flopped.

23 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

unless there's a second 9/11 it's not gonna flop harder than glitter wtf is wrong with you

XXXXX
Just now, Jed said:

unless there's a second 9/11 it's not gonna flop harder than glitter wtf is wrong with you

Ok. I was being a little extra :awkney:

Eighteen

maybe madonna? i remember one of her songs went mainstream like 5 years ago. hung up?

OMonster
43 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

Did ARTPOP really flop, though? I don't think so at all. 

Applause was a big hit for Gaga and ARTPOP overall was still pretty successful. 

Joanne has not produced a worldwide smash... 

Spoiler

No shade to Joanne here at all... I love the album completely, and commercial success certainly doesn't define quality. I just disagree with ARTPOP being labelled a flop by this cult. 

As for ASIB, I unfortunately agree that'll probably tank :giveup:

subtext / fantasy

Eighteen
Just now, OMonster said:

Did ARTPOP really flop, though? I don't think so at all. 

Applause was a big hit for Gaga and ARTPOP overall was still pretty successful. 

Joanne has not produced a worldwide smash... 

Hide contents

No shade to Joanne here at all... I love the album completely and commercial success certainly doesn't define what is good. I just disagree with this idea of ARTPOP being a flop. 

As for the ASIB, I unfortunately agree that'll probably tank :giveup:

i feel like maybe katy perry's current era is putting ARTPOP into perspective for us? or are they doing the same? 

Archived