Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Jay-Z accused of anti-semitism

Melech

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
3 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

The ADL had a problem with Jay's lyrics. 

In support of the ADL I'm saying that Jay should know better considering the same lyrical issue of defamation could've happened against him or any other black artist.

a white artist saying something racist about blacks would be justified or not even mentioned.

How could an artist saying something racist not be mentioned? Doesn't it have to be mentioned in order for it to be racist?

I never said a white person saying racists remarks about black people is okay. 

No, you've completely misunderstood what I'm saying. I don't know how. I made it very clear. You said in your post "let's see what would happen if a white country artist said bad things about black people, works both ways." There, you are saying that if a white person did the same thing to black people, it would be somehow justified by whites or mysteriously not even noticed. Basically, that whites justify racism when it's their own doing it and that white people can get away with saying racist things. I point out that this is untrue. Nothing more, nothing less. You even extended your ideas by saying that people would be mad that people were mad about the defamation. Not about the defamation itself. So, why is it when I clarify what it is you were clearly saying, you're misunderstanding my intentions.

My point is that any discriminatory lyrics is unacceptable from anyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, whatever. And I'm white. So, I think I'm an example of how it's possible to be white and empathetic. I can't tell you how much rage builds up within me when I hear anything discriminatory said about anyone and I challenge it all the time. To assume that all white people are just sheep who just follow each others mentality and are all inherently racist to some degree is just as bad as any piece of "traditional" racism.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BBhomemaker

When Jay Z thinked that nobody gonna notice this line but people waiting for him like: take a seat :ladyhaha:tumblr_static_bn9rjbxe5oo4w44k84ck88ow4.

Melech
8 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I think he meant to say that people are throwing their money away, and then wonder where all their money went. It's still really really touchy, but I don't think it's as bad as people are letting on.

Hitler also said Jews own all the property. :emma: Jay z is reproducing anti Semitic and Nazi ideology here :air:

En_Sabah_Nur

I don't know why everyone is so surprised that the record label let him keep this lyric in his song, or didn't even find it an issue to begin with.  These are the same record labels out there that still let Eminem say F****t all up and through his music, even until this day.  And no one seems to care, not even the SJWs....  :smh:

Egypt. W

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Hitler also said Jews own all the property. :emma: Jay z is reproducing anti Semitic and Nazi ideology here :air:

Shook, I hope he has a good explanation for this lmao

Purr more, hiss less.

gabeoz
2 hours ago, Ryusei said:

giphy.gif 

KKCaK7B.jpg

DeleteMyAccount
20 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

No, you've completely misunderstood what I'm saying. I don't know how. I made it very clear. You said in your post "let's see what would happen if a white country artist said bad things about black people, works both ways." There, you are saying that if a white person did the same thing to black people, it would be somehow justified by whites or mysteriously not even noticed. Basically, that whites justify racism when it's their own doing it and that white people can get away with saying racist things. I point out that this is untrue. Nothing more, nothing less. You even extended your ideas by saying that people would be mad that people were mad about the defamation. Not about the defamation itself. So, why is it when I clarify what it is you were clearly saying, you're misunderstanding my intentions.

My point is that any discriminatory lyrics is unacceptable from anyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, whatever. And I'm white. So, I think I'm an example of how it's possible to be white and empathetic. I can't tell you how much rage builds up within me when I hear anything discriminatory said about anyone and I challenge it all the time. To assume that all white people are just sheep who just follow each others mentality and are all inherently racist to some degree is just as bad as any piece of "traditional" racism.

I said that there would be trouble in that case as well because comments about race were abused.

I never said racism would be justified. Those comments would be considered defamation as well. 

You even extended your ideas by saying that people would be mad that people were mad about the defamation. Not about the defamation itself.

What?

My point is that any discriminatory lyrics is unacceptable from anyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, whatever.

This is literally what my point was in the first post.

DeleteMyAccount
24 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

My post was meant to say that Jay should know better because black people are constantly being stereotyped. So why is he throwing out stereotypes of other groups? I'm sorry if I may have written something off, but there's literally no problem here.

DeleteMyAccount
20 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I said that there would be trouble in that case as well because comments about race were abused.

I never said racism would be justified. Those comments would be considered defamation as well. 

You even extended your ideas by saying that people would be mad that people were mad about the defamation. Not about the defamation itself.

What?

My point is that any discriminatory lyrics is unacceptable from anyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, whatever.

DeleteMyAccount
30 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

DeleteMyAccount
30 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

DeleteMyAccount
34 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The anti-SJW are the ones that get mad at ADL for making the lyrics an issue. NOT the actual lyrics from Jay. That is what I meant. 

DeleteMyAccount
35 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

"There, you are saying that if a white person did the same thing to black people, it would be somehow justified by whites or mysteriously not even noticed."

How did I say that racism is justified or not noticed? I'm saying that racism works in multiple ways and that Jay-Z of all people should understand that.

StrawberryBlond
29 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

I don't know why everyone is so surprised that the record label let him keep this lyric in his song, or didn't even find it an issue to begin with.  These are the same record labels out there that still let Eminem say F****t all up and through his music, even until this day.  And no one seems to care, not even the SJWs....  :smh:

That's a problem too. Labels need to start realising that it's 2017 and hate speech isn't acceptable anymore. It's not cool, it's not edgy, it's offensive and even terrifying to certain groups. Mind you, I bet they wouldn't let a woman say such things. They let men do it because they know that ultimately, it wouldn't hurt their career but a if a woman says offensive stuff, she's done. Iggy Azalea was done after that "runaway slave master" line, yet rappers before her who have said much worse things are still around.

11 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

What?

But it didn't help that you implied that people wouldn't care if it was a white artist doing the same thing. Whether you meant it or not, that's how it came across.

9 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

My post was meant to say that Jay should know better because black people are constantly being stereotyped. So why is he throwing out stereotypes of other groups? I'm sorry if I may have written something off, but there's literally no problem here.

I had the same sentiment but you put it down in a way that sounded as if you meant something very different.

1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

The anti-SJW are the ones that get mad at ADL for making the lyrics an issue. NOT the actual lyrics from Jay. That is what I meant.

I haven't seen anyone say that the lyrics were justified. Everyone is mad at this issue, SJW or not or at least, they should be. I'm mad at the lyrics and I'm not an SJW nor am I even Jewish. Though it helps that Judaism was one of the religions covered in my university degree. Just because someone isn't from the groups mentioned doesn't mean they can't be annoyed. Considering that Jay sometimes calls himself "Jay-hovah," I thought he'd more understanding about the Jewish religion.

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

That's a problem too. Labels need to start realising that it's 2017 and hate speech isn't acceptable anymore. It's not cool, it's not edgy, it's offensive and even terrifying to certain groups. Mind you, I bet they wouldn't let a woman say such things. They let men do it because they know that ultimately, it wouldn't hurt their career but a if a woman says offensive stuff, she's done. Iggy Azalea was done after that "runaway slave master" line, yet rappers before her who have said much worse things are still around.

But it didn't help that you implied that people wouldn't care if it was a white artist doing the same thing. Whether you meant it or not, that's how it came across.

I had the same sentiment but you put it down in a way that sounded as if you meant something very different.

I haven't seen anyone say that the lyrics were justified. Everyone is mad at this issue, SJW or not or at least, they should be. I'm mad at the lyrics and I'm not an SJW nor am I even Jewish. Though it helps that Judaism was one of the religions covered in my university degree. Just because someone isn't from the groups mentioned doesn't mean they can't be annoyed. Considering that Jay sometimes calls himself "Jay-hovah," I thought he'd more understanding about the Jewish religion.

Well I didn't mean for it that way and I explained myself multiple times. 

Either way, I obviously meant no harm and got confused in the thread. Let's move on please.

Archived