💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kesha Accused of Cultural Appropriation

Lanius

Featured Posts

Kanye West
22 minutes ago, Wendy WiIIiams said:

In certain dharmic spiritual traditions such as Hinduism, the third eye refers to the ajna, or brow, chakra. The third eye refers to the gate that leads to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness. In New Age spirituality, the third eye often symbolizes a state of enlightenmentor the evocation of mental images having deeply personal spiritual or psychologicalsignificance. The third eye is often associated with religious visions, clairvoyance, the ability to observe chakras and auras, precognition, and out-of-body experiences.

Point being?

KANYEWEST.COM

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyBabe
34 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

The third eye is a common belief and not owned by specific religions.

Was just about to say this. The twitter user is dismissing the fact that this concept and belief is not just South Asian, but is present in Christianity, Paganism, and certain Native American religious practices. 

This gentlemen is just being inflammatory which is detrimental to the overal conversation regarding this issue. 

⚯͛

britneyspears

I completely agree that there is a huge issue of cultural appropriation in our society....but this is not an example of it. She is tapping into spiritualism and meditation, not adopting a particular cultural practice for her own exploitation and benefit. It is not appropriation, it is clearly appreciation.

britneyspears
3 minutes ago, Leonardo Fox said:

People is only being cool to Kesha becuz of her past problems, the song is bad, the visuals are weak and lame and she is not bring it, i mean, is ok, she can do whatever she wants,  but stop acting like she is serving some amazing timeless material

Oh no you don't.

sass bonbon
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Actually, white people were the ones who wanted to oppress other people's cultures and instill their own cultures and beliefs onto indigenous groups, people of color, and basically anyone they saw as "primitive". 

This is exactly what I mean. Thank you for being comprehensive, unlike other people in forums like this one. I love this place but I always have a hard time explaining myself, hence other people's reactions to my comments. 

I do believe SOME white ppl still, want to make the world more like them and opress other cultures. I've seen ppl with this attitude and they're mostly white americans. I am mexican and I've lived in Mexico and Thailand. I am tired of these two third world countries being overpushed to act white and American and look white and American, and glorify that image. Why can't native Mexican or Thais be cute, and be and heros? That's what I mean, sorry if I come across offensive to anyone, because that is not what i want.

bbhmm

NCgaga

This. Is. Asinine. Cultural appropriation is such a joke. Not one person on this earth can tell another human being what they should wear, how they should wear it, how they should sing, or express art. Not one person "owns" anything. This is the reason racism exists. Suppressing expression does nothing. Every culture borrows from other cultures, and should be allowed to do so. 

Zombie
Just now, britneyspears said:

Oh no you don't.

Wow you have some nerve with that username

bloody g

I commented "It's literally just a font" and he blocked me. Imagine having such a boring/useless life

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Justo
2 minutes ago, Leonardo Fox said:

People is only being cool to Kesha becuz of her past problems, the song is bad, the visuals are weak and lame and she is not bring it, i mean, is ok, but stop acting like she is serving some amazing material

:neyde:

That's your opinion. I think the song and visuals are amazing and to me, she did serve amazing material. Her past problems have nothing to do with me liking the song. Don't try to speak for anyone other than yourself.

Gagged

the font irked me a little bit and i kind of saw this coming :awkney: 5 pages of hate towards that guy so......:bye:

simpleworldme

I had a chance to go through this guy's Twitter. What a wonderful specimen he is.

Super glad his opinion doesn't really matter. :selena:

Dilated, falling free. In a modern ecstasy

River

So we could say the same about the whole Ray Of Light era :selena:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Reality
7 minutes ago, Leonardo Fox said:

People is only being cool to Kesha becuz of her past problems, the song is bad, the visuals are weak and lame and she is not bring it, i mean, is ok, she can do whatever she wants,  but stop acting like she is serving some amazing timeless material

You can actually leave this forum now.

🃏🖤👹

bloody g
9 minutes ago, Leonardo Fox said:

giphy.gif

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived