Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Jimmy Iovine shades Gaga

dit

Featured Posts

Rat Boy
11 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Ok I heard it.

#1 ARTPOP, regardless of it being made on the road or not, to me is a fantastic album, I personally have no issues with Gaga working on the road, because quality has never been an issue for me. What I have an issue with Gaga's team is promotion.

#2 Still I'm going to say when she performed in Dubai, the only record she was working on was Cheek to Cheek and it was a platinum certified Grammy winning success acclaimed by critics.

Do you think he was talking about C2C?  :omg:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
2 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

Yes I get that. However, while it was successful, it was also her downfall. The way people viewed her changed during that album cycle. The fanbase was divided by the album. She was no longer seen as 'cool' by a lot of people.

I think it didn't have that much to do with her album but the way she dressed. I mean the album was kinda positively reviewed by critics and audience alike, almost acclaimed, her fashion was however unappealing to the GP.

dit
Just now, Mer Boy said:

Yes I get that. I believe that while it was successful, it was also her downfall. The way people viewed her changed during that album cycle. The fanbase was divided by the album. She was no longer seen as 'cool' by a lot of people.

That's true. The record was a success but it did rumble the foundation of the "Gaga brand" in the eyes of the GP. She could of "bounced back" from the increasing dislike for her though but there were too many things working against her at the point that were out of her hands. 

gagarox

also why does his opinion even matter... he is not gaga's boss anymore right?

can someone tell me is gaga still in that 360 deal with interscope or has she signed a new contract?

Bradley
1 minute ago, alejandro24 said:

not really? do u really want her to push the album with more singles knowing well that they all would have flopped?

releasing the cure was a masterstroke to capitalize on the success of superbowl and million reasons and she will be releasing more pop songs soon (most likely).. and u still got joanne available on spotify enjoy it as much as u want. The tour will help it push past 1.5 m WW as well. All in all this era has been good so far.. MR being stretched out over a 6 month period really helped repair her image

They flopped because she didn't push...

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

Do you think he was talking at C2C?  :omg:

No I'm saying it might not even be about Gaga.

Rat Boy
Just now, Bradley said:

I think it didn't have that much to do with her album but the way she dressed. I mean the album was kinda positively reviewed by critics and audience alike, almost acclaimed, her fashion was however unappealing to the GP.

I see. You have a point. If she took a different approach to the visual/marketing side of things who knows how things would have turned out.

Bradley
1 minute ago, alejandro24 said:

also why does his opinion even matter... he is not gaga's boss anymore right?

can someone tell me is gaga still in that 360 deal with interscope or has she signed a new contract?

I think he still is gaga's boss.

dit
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Ok I heard it.

#1 ARTPOP, regardless of it being made on the road or not, to me is a fantastic album, I personally have no issues with Gaga working on the road, because quality has never been an issue for me. What I have an issue with Gaga's team is promotion.

#2 Still I'm going to say when she performed in Dubai, the only record she was working on was Cheek to Cheek and it was a platinum certified Grammy winning success acclaimed by critics.

Agreed. Jimmy seems to have his time frames messed up because C2C is an unarguably successful album and era for Gaga. In my opinion it's success trumps ARTPOP's (though I love ARTPOP personally but objectively speaking C2C was a career changing successful era). 

Rat Boy
5 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

Agreed. Jimmy seems to have his time frames messed up because C2C is an unarguably successful album and era for Gaga. In my opinion it's success trumps ARTPOP's (though I love ARTPOP personally but objectively speaking C2C was a career changing successful era). 

I think you're right. The Dubai thing is pretty specific. I mean what other big star who fits the profile could he be talking about?

dit
10 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

I think you're right. The Dubai thing is pretty specific. I mean what other big star could he be talking about?

That's what I'm trying to find out as well. What other artist was considered massively successful, was signed to Interscope, had commitments that would be valued at up to 50 million dollars (as he mentioned on the interview) and later on "under performed" in his opinion? I literally can't think of anyone else. The Dubai thing is also specific. I think Gaga is the only massive artist signed to Interscope to have toured there fairly recently. I think he has his time frames way off but his examples and stuff are just too specific for them to be anyone other than Gaga at this point. 

Rat Boy
17 minutes ago, Bradley said:

No I'm saying it might not even be about Gaga.

Sorry misread your previous posts! :)

antpats2
30 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Born This Way was made on the road. Some parts of ARTPOP were also made on the road but most songs were made after her hip injury.

Americano, Highway Unicorn (Road to Love), Marry the Night were recorded on her studio bus and the writing process of other songs happened on the road.

Half the album was created before this :toofunny: She re-recorded and slightly re-wrote, yes, but the majority of songs existed before then.

Aura (Burqa) 

G.U.Y. 

Sex(xx) Dreams 

Jewels N Drugs 

MANiCURE 

DWUW 

ARTPOP 

Donatella 

MJH 

Gypsy 

Applause 

+ more (Partynauseous, Temple, Tea, Onion Girl, Tinnitus etc) all existed in some form (at least concept demos) before this point 

I know this is off topic but just wanted to make that clear :emma: 

Bradley
8 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

I think you're right. The Dubai thing is pretty specific. I mean what other big star who fits the profile could he be talking about?

I looked up Interscope Records's Wikipedia page and I'm so proud of our fav.

The label's best-selling artists include Eminem, U2, and Lady Gaga.

Bradley
4 minutes ago, antpats2 said:

Half the album was created before this :toofunny: She re re-corded and slightly re-wrote, yes, but the majority of songs existed before then.

Aura (Burqa) 

G.U.Y. 

Sex(xx) Dreams 

Jewels N Drugs 

MANiCURE 

DWUW 

ARTPOP 

Donatella 

MJH 

Gypsy 

Applause 

+ more (Partynauseous, Temple, Tea, Onion Girl, Tinnitus etc) all existed in some form (at least concept demos) before this point 

I know this is off topic but just wanted to make that clear :emma: 

ok still, Gaga writes all of her albums on the road and many of them were successful

Archived