Lorde - Melodrama - Review

POP2

Featured Posts

HOTNebraskaGuy

I stopped readying after you roasted Gaga

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

One, five, ten lay a million on me

darkchylde

damn, this reminded me of the time i had a music blog, i miss it a bit sometimes. let me dig into it!

edit: enjoyed your words! i wouldn't have been so positive about Perfect Places though, even though Melodrama is one of my favorite records in a long while, i feel like Perfect Places lacks something towards the end, not sure what.

and i agree with you with most of the rest of it! an exceptional record, Melodrama showcases a growth from her debut, her transition from teenager to young adult feels livetweeted in poetry lines. Lorde feels like the voice of a generation and as time goes by the more she proves it.

regarding your review: i like the way you've put down your feelings, but sometimes you get lost in acclaiming her instead of putting down actual thoughs for this record.

also, even though you write about the two songs that are a reprise, i think you could have talked about the connection between the originals and their 2nd parts and how they affect the structure of the album.

calmar
2 minutes ago, Chiunzhan said:

You want us to review your review, that's so Warholian :emma:

If people actually write reviews in this thread then I'll review those reviews. Reviewceptionception. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Mary Jane Wayne

I loved your review. I personally agree with everything you said. Melodrama is a masterpiece 

xoxo Craig

This majorly overrated album:madge:

Gaga is waaaaaaay above Lorde, why are you even comparing them?

End Racism Now

darkchylde
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

listen, i am a major Gaga fan - obviously - and she's proven herself smart enough to pin down lyrics on the level of Melodrama (Heavy Metal Lover and ARTPOP tt are my favorite examples) but she hasn't yet produced an album as well structured as this.

Fiona Apple

Melodrama may not be the Lorde we expected but it’s the Lorde that we needed. 

The truth is here

Fiona Apple
8 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

She is not.

littlepotter
12 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Not this again

chaeri pls

POP2
52 minutes ago, HOTNebraskaGuy said:

I stopped readying after you roasted Gaga

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

39 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Y'all are taking the ONE Gaga sentence way too seriously :sweat: I love Gaga and always will but cmon, sometimes you have to admit that other artists can do good too. 

51 minutes ago, Reprise said:

edit: enjoyed your words! i wouldn't have been so positive about Perfect Places though, even though Melodrama is one of my favorite records in a long while, i feel like Perfect Places lacks something towards the end, not sure what.

I felt that way about Perfect Places for awhile too but it REALLY started to grow on me for some reason. I started to feel really connected to the lyrics. 

xoxo Craig
19 minutes ago, Melodrama said:

Y'all are taking the ONE Gaga sentence way too seriously :sweat: I love Gaga and always will but cmon, sometimes you have to admit that other artists can do good too. 

I felt that way about Perfect Places for awhile too but it REALLY started to grow on me for some reason. I started to feel really connected to the lyrics. 

Yes other artists can do good, but Lorde is not better than Gaga

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
53 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

Lorde is not better than Gaga

:pray:

End Racism Now

Fiona Apple
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

:pray:

u are entitled to your wrong opinion

Archived